PDA

View Full Version : IF logic in effect text?

Velocinox
February 28th, 2010, 20:12
I remember seeing a post that said either there is, or there will be support for having IF branching logic in the new 2.6.5 4E ruleset effect creation text. Is this correct?

Please post a link to the post or the syntax for how to do it.

Thank you!
-V

Moon Wizard
February 28th, 2010, 22:20
I'm not sure where you saw the reference to effects with conditional or branching conditions, but I know that I did not post anything about the availability of that capability. Conditional effects are on my wish list, but they require quite a bit more work.

Please let me know what you are looking for.

My philosophy on developing my rulesets is to listen to all the users; think about all the feedback, requests and my personal ideas; then add features that make the most sense to me in terms of improved playability and ease of use.

Cheers,
JPG

Velocinox
February 28th, 2010, 22:36
Thanks Moon, you already answered my question but to help out the great ruleset you made with a bit of feedback I'll give you the situation my player asked me to write an effect for.

I have a player with wellspring strike (warden power) and the effect is REGEN: 5 but only if bloodied.

I was wondering if I needed conditional logic for that or if i could make it without it. That was why I was asking if the IF logic had been included.

Congrats on getting a position supporting your fantastic ruleset. I always like seeing "deserving game dev made good" stories.