PDA

View Full Version : The Olden'

Patty Cake
February 25th, 2010, 10:27
Yes, the olden. I have a question about Fantasy Grounds 1, yes I am still using the dinosaur but yeah...

Does anyone who used FG1 still remember any problems with the appearance/rulesets?

If I try and change the appearance of FG1 (Note, FG1) it doesn't work, it stays as the bland retarded wood appearance. Changed ruleset or not, even if the wood file is not existant, completely replaced. My friend has done the same and gotten it to work and doesn't remember how. So where do I come? Here!

The file is the same name to be replaced, size is not an issue I know that, and I have tried with new rulesets and just pure out replacing the file (and both), it still remains as 'wood'. Yes, Wood. The generic FG1 appearance which was revamped to look nicer in FG2, but note I am using FG1.

Surely there are similar problems with other programs, or even FG2. EH?

Doswelk
February 25th, 2010, 11:07
have you created your own ruleset?

You cannot just make the change to the built in d20 ruleset.

You had to export the built in ruleset and edit that...

Out of interest why are you using FG1 (given that FGII is a free upgrade?)

Patty Cake
February 25th, 2010, 19:06
Same reason I still use 3.5 but thanks. I get asked that too much, it's really tiring.

Doswelk
February 25th, 2010, 19:29
Same reason I still use 3.5 but thanks. I get asked that too much, it's really tiring.

What 3.5 ruleset are you using?

As I say if it's the built-in one you just need to export it using the unpak tool

Spyke
February 25th, 2010, 19:46
It may be that FG1 is still looking at the d20.pak file by default. Patty Cake says the desktop graphic file was replaced, so my guess would be that the ruleset has been expanded. Try moving the d20.pak file out of the Fantasy Grounds folder in Program Files and see if that works.

Spyke