PDA

View Full Version : DnD 4e Campaign, looking for 3-4 players!

middlemonster
February 24th, 2010, 11:09
Because of lack of interest in other rule systems, I am going to start a DnD 4e campaign. I don't like large groups. 3-4 is manageable for me.

This campaign will be different from the others! I hope you guys enjoy it. Its a bit of a secret so don't ask. In my campaign diversity is good.

I usually give the player as much freedom as I know about, meaning which books I currently own. So if you have a supplement and I own it, you can probably use it. Ask if you can play a race or class I'll tell you if I own the book and if it will work in my campaign.

The play date will be arranged according to everyones schedule. I'm suggesting tue, wed, or thur nights 5pm. Just because everyone else has games already on fri, sat, sun. Unless the majority is free on those days.

Ebonscarab
February 24th, 2010, 13:58
I'd like to join. I'm available EST 6PM onwards.
I can can play most characters and I like eccentric concepts.
:)

Smasher
February 24th, 2010, 15:19
I would like to join, I'm available M-F 5:30-Midnight.

WarLokk
February 24th, 2010, 15:26
Count me in!

Tuesday/Wednesday CST(GMT-6) work out best for me. What Timezone are you in, PST ?

evermore414
February 24th, 2010, 15:32
I used to play some 2nd edition 10 - 15 years ago but I am new to both FG and 4e. However, I have been reading up on both of them and I think I have a decent grasp of them. I would be interested if you don't mind a few questions here and there. I can play after 5:30 CST on weekdays and pretty much anytime on the weekends. I'm also willing to try out any class needed. Do you know if voice is going to be required or is chat okay?

WarLokk
February 24th, 2010, 17:48
Yea this would be my first experience with 4E as well. Been playing D&D since 2nd Ed, though and ran many games using 3.5. So fear not evermore, you might not be the only one with questions.

middlemonster
February 25th, 2010, 00:34
I am in PST or GMT -8. So 5pm my time is 8pm EST. Just so you guys know. I can start my campaign on anyday. And I can also start the game earlier if its makes things easier for everyone.

I would prefer it if everyone used skype. Roleplaying is hard to do and gets rather boring without a VOIP program.

middlemonster
February 25th, 2010, 00:42
I will be on skype all day, everyday and I will leave FG2 open. If anyone wants to contact me directly use skype, my username is middlemonster.

Its looks like Wednesday at 3pm PST. Looks best so far. But warlokk has not assigned a specific time he is availavle (I'll assume that this time works)

If you guys want to hop on the FG Server the alias is zany keep nosy user. The server is up right now!

evermore414
February 25th, 2010, 01:56
I think I better wait for a chat game. Unfortunately our house is pretty small and my computer is set up in the living room. When I tried out the Skype test I could hear a lot of Kung Fu Panda and the wife and little one arguing in the background lol. Might be a bit distracting. Oh well, thanks anyway and good luck with the adventuring!

middlemonster
February 25th, 2010, 02:10
Well in skype you can mute your microphone until you have something to say, you can also set a key shortcut to turn the mic on and off in skype.

WarLokk
February 25th, 2010, 02:59
Wednesdays work for me anytime after 7pm CST (GMT -6). What books do you own so we know what classes to look at?

middlemonster
February 25th, 2010, 03:42
Player's Guide 1+2, um I asked you to ask and tell me which book cause I don't quite remember which books contain classes and such, and I'm really focusing on getting the adventure together.

Ebonscarab
February 25th, 2010, 04:39
I'll use the Dnd Character Generator. I'm planning on making an elven avenger.
I'll contact you in skype.

middlemonster
February 25th, 2010, 05:21
Thats cool, an avenger should be pretty useful.

WarLokk
February 25th, 2010, 15:18
Alright so this being my time in 4E, and we have 4 players it looks like..do we want 1 of each character role?

Like Ebon wants an Avenger (i.e. a Striker) should the rest of us be looking to one of the other three? Just want to see exactly how the group dynamics go.

middlemonster
February 25th, 2010, 15:35
I want you to play a character you want to play, come up with a cool concept, no one wants you to just fill a role just because the game expects it.

All any RPG ever "needs" is a healer and a rouge. Everything else is damage fodder. All you guys really need is strong wits and good role playing skills.

Ebonscarab
February 25th, 2010, 17:44
I was able to log into your FG server and posted the background of my character. If it's good to go, I'll input the rest of the stats.

Thanks!

WarLokk
February 25th, 2010, 17:47
Sounds good, I'm thinking on a Bard (from PG2) haven't decided on Race. Human, Halfling, or Gnome...hmmm

evermore414
February 25th, 2010, 18:42
I think I'd like to try a Control Wizard if that will work okay. I'll try to log on to the server this afternoon and work on it.

middlemonster
February 26th, 2010, 01:33
No problem, wizards in this game are much more fun then the old DnD.

Although the spell system is a bit lacking.

middlemonster
February 26th, 2010, 02:03
Thank you everyone who contacted and began to create their characters. I appreciate the interest shown.

@WarLokk Bard sounds good. I think both Halflings and Gnomes favor bards. Of course Humans are good at everything.

middlemonster
February 26th, 2010, 02:11
I love your character concept Ebonscrab and I promise it will definitely help me build my campaign. The more interesting everyones background the more ideas I have to add to my story. Which is why I always like making my own campaigns cause I can use the back stories instead of completely ignoring them like many DMs.

I need your alignment though for me to completely understand how your character thinks. Not to mention Lloth is a drow goddess, are you sure you don't want to play a drow?

middlemonster
February 26th, 2010, 02:39
Only 3 people have directly contacted me and began character creation on the server. We still have room for one more. Game will be on Wednesdays at 3pm PST or GMT -8. Thats 6pm on the east coast.

Ebonscarab
February 26th, 2010, 02:41
Thanks!

Actually, she's a normal wood elf. The Drow prophecy is just part of her background, or a possible character/plot twist in the future.

Ebonscarab
February 26th, 2010, 02:48
Btw, we can get the mod files from the yahoo RPGA group. It will make character building easier.
https://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/RPGA_Group/

middlemonster
February 26th, 2010, 05:45
server is back up

WarLokk
February 26th, 2010, 15:23
Yea I don't know if I can make a game that early, due to work I wouldn't be able to log in earlier than 4 or 5pm PST. I don't always want to be 1 or 2 hours late. You guys can feel free to play then if it works for you, the search for a game continues!

willquestion
February 26th, 2010, 15:50
Can you give a basic idea if it's more like general fantasy or sci/fantasy(like Eberron)?

middlemonster
February 26th, 2010, 21:02
@Warlokk, don't worry I can adjust the time to 5pm PST, thats not a problem. 8pm EST just for everyone else. Don't worry yourself so. I'm sure later is better for everyone else anyways.

@Willquestion, I have never read anything on eberron, but I think that the technology in eberron is really just magically powered tools. In that case, I'm not sure. I will consider it. I am still building my campaign from the ground up. I haven't even finished the whole first adventure let alone my entire setting. I want to do it like eberron, but in a more subtle way. But I'd probably have to read the book more, which I can cause my brother owns the game setting. But I can't give you a straight answer just yet.

Oh and the server is back up. zany keep nosy user

WarLokk
February 26th, 2010, 21:19
Awesome news. Any chance we get a snippet of what the setting is like. I have far too many character ideas and need help narrowing things down.

middlemonster
February 26th, 2010, 21:55
Its a fantasy setting, if there is magical technology like in eberron its extremely rare and valuable. Theres a reason this first adventure is a secret because I don't want you to build your characters based upon my first adventure. Just think that your character planned on adventuring and what kind of adventuring they planned on doing.

Imagine your a budding hero. You have decided after years of training to get the basics down for your class its time to leave home and seek your fortune/destiny. What does this entail? Did your plans include dungeon delving, joining the kings army, joining a bandit group, raiding homes and picking pockets, buccaneering, protecting the wilds, fighting the undead, or seeking the knowledge of ancient magic. There are countless concepts you can think of when creating a character but most people just focus on the dungeons and dnd becomes a board game.

Build your character based on what you think he/she would want. But remember, things don't always go exactly as planned, especially for budding adventurers.

earthworm3
February 27th, 2010, 12:07
Hello, i'm from france and i would like to join this campeign. Send me a PM if you want i join it. Thanks

middlemonster
February 28th, 2010, 22:18
The server is up now for anyone who wants to get on. Same alias as before. I'm hoping to have it on all day. I will not be on available however, busy busy busy.

Looking forward to our first meeting on Wednesday.

Skizzt
March 1st, 2010, 17:15
I want to join a 4E game, i can play nearly anytime. So send me a PM if you want me to join.

Ebonscarab
March 1st, 2010, 23:00
I tried to log on yesterday but the FG program crashed I think on your side. I will try to relog before Wednesday to input my character.

The server is up now for anyone who wants to get on. Same alias as before. I'm hoping to have it on all day. I will not be on available however, busy busy busy.

Looking forward to our first meeting on Wednesday.

rdrule
March 2nd, 2010, 19:45
I want to join a game, i can play 7days a week anytime(GMT+3). If you want to take me, send a PM

Puzzle
March 2nd, 2010, 22:24
Im very interested in this, i send you a skype invite and tryed to log onto the server. (but got an error, maybe it was down)

I can play at any time any and any day so Wed evening is fine!

as far as characters Im happy to play anything tho im thinking a sneaky little rogue would be fun

let me know if you still have a spot open!

middlemonster
March 3rd, 2010, 11:02
ok we had some people cancel for tomorrow, so for now make your characters offline first and then we'll pick this game up next Wednesday, during that time perfect your characters and keep in contact. I will try and get the server online Thursday or Friday.

All of those who are new and want to play come on the server and make characters, then the first 4 that show up next wednesday will be our players. Of course those who have already come online and made characters will have priority

Ebonscarab
March 3rd, 2010, 11:29
Will be there!
Thanks!