PDA

View Full Version : Looking to DM Quesitons

Wizardhood2003
February 23rd, 2010, 22:42
So, I am curious about a few things. Does this give you the ability to create your own maps and such in case you going by a book or something? I want to play this with some friends who no longer live near me but going by a book that has certian maps, can you use jpeg images for a map? Do you use tokens or figures? hows does that work? Think someone can give me a fast rundown.

Answulf
February 23rd, 2010, 23:17
Yes, you use image files for maps and tokens that you put in a specific folder for that campaign and then open and manipulate in-game. You can mask the images, overlay grids, etc.

Check out The Gallery (screenshot) section of the Message Boards for some image examples - they will give you a good idea of what it looks like in practice.

You also should check out the community tutorials - they will probably answer most of the basic questions for you a lot faster than we can:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/downloads/

Griogre
February 24th, 2010, 08:53
It's also possible to make maps "on the fly" with the built in drawing tools. They are not pretty - looking very similar to what you might sketch on the battle map, but if you need to do an encounter you don't have an image for you can just draw something on the fly.