PDA

View Full Version : 4E Targeting System for Clients

kdietri
February 23rd, 2010, 17:26
I would love to see the Host targetting system given to clients as well.

It would be great for people like me who use FG inhouse and don't use the mapping during fights, only the combat tracker.

Just a suggestion.

EugeneZ
February 24th, 2010, 02:46
I'd like to second this. Although my players all use maps, having the ability to Shift-Click-Target mobs in the tracker would be useful in a few situations:

1) Sometimes a token is invisible because the creature's position is unknown, but it's still the target of attack (burst effect, for example)
2) There are times when the token is obscured by another token. For example, a vehicle, or a creature that the token is beneath.
3) Sometimes I create tokens that are hard to click on or drop on
4) Some people use low resolutions and don't always have the map in front

Edit: Re-ordered for priority.

kddc
February 26th, 2010, 20:06
I'll 3rd this for sure.

It would be a big help for some of my players for sure!!!

Panthine
February 28th, 2010, 00:38
just adding my weight to this (not sure if i actually have weight here)

Just played an adventure and had to manually (GM side) add the extra attacks to pc burst attacks. At least i could keep these extra rolls hidden.

If the targeting method above is implemented it also shouldn't clue the pc's into there being more monsters they cant see. (not sure how much extra effort this would need)

Moon Wizard
February 28th, 2010, 02:20
Right now, the host and client targeting are completely separate. The host can not set client targets, and the client can not set host targets. This was done due to the way that FG implemented its targeting system.

The request is to allow clients to SHIFT-click on the CT to add/remove targets, just like the host can do.

It's definitely on the list to add to 4E.

Cheers,
JPG

primarch
February 28th, 2010, 03:16
Hi!

Moon Wizard, is the rule set capable of keeping track of spent ammunition, like arrows and crossbow bolts? It seems like a simple enough script to add.

Primarch

Panthine
February 28th, 2010, 04:30
It also would be great to be able to draw a square (for burst/blast attacks), and have the tokens within the box be auto targetted.

This way the char can show where he/she is attacking in Area attacks, and generate the targets set from what falls within.

EugeneZ
February 28th, 2010, 06:06
Right now, the host and client targeting are completely separate. The host can not set client targets, and the client can not set host targets. This was done due to the way that FG implemented its targeting system.

Well, as a DM, during a player's turn, I can Shift-Click tokens in the CT and they are added to the PC's target list.

Moon Wizard
February 28th, 2010, 09:41
EugeneZ,

Both kinds of targets can exist at the same time, but only apply to rolls on the FG instance which is rolling.
* When the client makes a roll, it uses the client's targeting entries.
* When the host makes a roll, it uses the host targeting entries.

Panthine,

It would be great to have the ability to auto-target all creatures in a burst, blast or aura. However, the systems in FG are not currently designed for that type of action. FG is primarily built for replicating the tabletop game experience, so any automation features are a bonus. It's on the list of improvements, but it's a lot more work than other requests.

Primarch,

On the character sheet combat tab in the Weapons section, there is a field for ammo where you can keep track of ammo remaining for each weapon.

Cheers,
JPG

kdietri
March 2nd, 2010, 22:00
Thanks JPG,

I really appreciate all your hard work on this.

LuckyRob
March 7th, 2010, 03:13
How does the client target? I'm not seeing any options in their version of the CT.

NEVERMIND - Figured it out. Can you tell that I'm never the player?