PDA

View Full Version : Character sheet powers

Bert Blaine
February 23rd, 2010, 14:22
When creating a new or editing an old power in the new 4e ruleset
how do i enter a 1[W] attack 2[w] ect...
all it gives me options for is to pick a die

Moon Wizard
February 24th, 2010, 00:28
The short answer is, the power needs to have the Weapon keyword or the [W] field will not be displayed.

The long answer,

The easiest way to get a power manually entered on the character sheet is to enter all of the power information in the correct fields, and then place any remaining power clauses in the description area in the format.

<CLAUSE>: <TEXT>; <CLAUSE>: <TEXT>; ...

For example, the description for Bolstering Strike would read:

Target: One creature; Attack: Charisma vs. AC; Hit: 1[W] + Charisma modifier damage, and you gain temporary hit points equal to your Wisdom modifier. Increase damage to 2[W] + Charisma modifier at 21st level.

After you have entered the information, then you can right click on the description field and select Reset Power Abilities to prefill the abilities of the power without having to enter them manually.

Cheers,
JPG

Ango
July 14th, 2012, 14:05
Hello,

Target: One creature; Attack: Charisma vs. AC; Hit: 1[W] + Charisma modifier damage, and you gain temporary hit points equal to your Wisdom modifier. Increase damage to 2[W] + Charisma modifier at 21st level.

I add the exemple but I have only "Cha" on Dmg box. I don't have "1[W]+Cha".

Could you help me please?

Moon Wizard
July 14th, 2012, 19:28
The power needs to have all the same attributes as the version in the rulebook. For the example power above, you need to set the keyword field to "Weapon" and the range field to "Melee weapon".

Regards,
JPG

Ango
July 14th, 2012, 19:40
Works !

Thanks you very much moon_wizard.

The difficulty for me is my book is in french ;)