PDA

View Full Version : Combat Advantage issues

Nibelung
February 23rd, 2010, 00:57
I just cant understand the rlease notes, but anyone can explain me, in details, how can i use the effects CA and GRANTCA? e.g:

-A power that reads "the target grants CA to you and all your allies until EONT"
-A power that reads "the target grants CA to you until EONT"
-A power that reads "you grant CA to everyone until EONT"
-A power that reads "you grant CA to the target until EONT"

By now, i could only use the effect to surpass effects 1 and 3, but not for 2 and 4. Or you grant combat advantage to EVERYONE, or you cant grant CA to ANYONE. I want a way to a single target grating CA to a single enemy.

A have a wizard with the feat Phantom Echoes (Arcane Power), and i couldnt find anything to make this works.

EugeneZ
February 23rd, 2010, 03:46
What you're looking for are targeted effects. By default, an effect applies to everyone. For #2 and #4 you need to use targeted effects so that the effect only applies to the target. For example, let's do: A power that reads "the target grants CA to you until EONT"

Create a GRANTCA effect. Have the player target himself ("to you") then hold SHIFT while they drag the GRANTCA effect onto the affected NPC. Now that NPC has a GRANTCA effect that only applies to the targetted creature, in this case the player.

You should be able to figure out #4 in that case. But here's the solution anyway: Click the targetted creature to make it your only target. Drag CA onto yourself while holding SHIFT.

Hope that helps.

Moon Wizard
February 24th, 2010, 00:46
The other option is to go ahead and apply the GRANTCA or CA effect as normal, then the GM can open the effect in the combat tracker and drag the effect targeting icon onto the desired target of the effect.

Cheers,
JPG

Nibelung
February 26th, 2010, 23:10
Thanks for the reply, that worked nicely.