PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds Game Fridays! Dawn of Legends or Necessary Evil!

middlemonster
February 22nd, 2010, 21:30
Game Cancelled due to lack of interest from community.

WarLokk
February 22nd, 2010, 22:30
Interested in Dawn of Legends, but I have a face-to-face game every other Friday. So could only attend every other session. Unless of course you were not looking to play a weekly game.

Central Time Zone (Skype / Voice not an issue)

middlemonster
February 22nd, 2010, 22:36
Sounds good, do you have other days available? I may change the day, I am very flexible after 4pm PST.

I am definately leaning toward Dawn of Legends. I'm not against Necessary Evil, but the setting seems to be too tense for my first time run of Savage Worlds.

BTW for everyone, I am allowing the use of the Dawn of Legends Rules Expansion, if you do not have access to a core book let me know. But at minimum it would be helpful if you had at least a Savage Worlds book. Although not required.

WarLokk
February 22nd, 2010, 22:40
Tuesday, Wednesday work very well. Thursdays work as well but sometimes I will run into snags.

I should let you know this would be my first game via FG but I have run a few Savage Worlds games with my group, so I am no stranger to the system. I have run 50 Fathoms and Rippers in the Past.

Mask_of_winter
February 22nd, 2010, 22:54
the Super Powers Companion is out btw It's the powers system from Necessary Evil with more rules, gear and HQ rules, a pretty nice sourcebook... and there's also another setting called Bedlam for super heroe settings

WarLokk
February 22nd, 2010, 22:58
Yea I would suggest the Supers book for sure. Bedlam also sounded interesting

middlemonster
February 22nd, 2010, 23:58
Well I only have access to my friends library, sorry. I'll see what I can do. But if we don't have that companion are you saying I should use the Necessary Evil power system instead of Dawn of Legends?

Besides, this is my first time running Savage Worlds. I'm not gonna start buying new books until I'm sure I wanna use this instead of the Hero System.

Mask_of_winter
February 23rd, 2010, 03:13
Personnally I prefer the Necessary Evil power system over the Dawn of Legends. But that is just a preference.

WarLokk
February 23rd, 2010, 04:43
I'm up for whatever, we can use the NE system.

middlemonster
February 23rd, 2010, 18:36
I am really wishing there was a place that had more players interested in Savage Worlds. Maybe its because I put friday in the title.

Maybe I should just run DnD 4e. People seem to jump on that wagon any chance they get. I'm going to try it to see how quickly people sign up. And then be like, sike! we're playing savage worlds lol!

sigh

WarLokk
February 23rd, 2010, 19:05
Yea I agree with you. I love me some SW but have been wanting to try D&D 4E as well.

Hopefully I be part of whatever you decide.

Have you tried posting on the Official Pinnacle Message Boards? Its how i originally heard about FG a few years ago was someone was going to run an online game of SW.

Mask_of_winter
February 24th, 2010, 00:10
I am really wishing there was a place that had more players interested in Savage Worlds. Maybe its because I put friday in the title.

Maybe I should just run DnD 4e. People seem to jump on that wagon any chance they get. I'm going to try it to see how quickly people sign up. And then be like, sike! we're playing savage worlds lol!

sigh

Yes it is difficult to find players when you're not running 4e. Even though my favorite ruleset is SW I had to resign myself to run some 4e just to have enough players.

middlemonster
February 24th, 2010, 00:50
I might just wait until I go home to NJ next week and just play with my regular group

adammar
February 25th, 2010, 02:47
I would be interested in either game. I haven't tried Dawn yet but it has some interesting stuff in it.

middlemonster
February 26th, 2010, 02:35
Game Cancelled due to lack of interest from community.