PDA

View Full Version : Version 2.6.5 release

Moon Wizard
February 20th, 2010, 18:09
Here are the new features in this release:

4E ruleset now packaged with Fantasy Grounds updater.
Launcher modified to convert 4E_JPG campaigns to 4E campaigns.
Fixed imagecontrol.setViewpoint() function.

As part of this release, the 4E_JPG v1.5.1 ruleset has been updated to 4E v2.0. Here is a link to the release notes for the new ruleset version (https://fantasygrounds.wikia.com/wiki/4E_Release_Notes_v2.0.0).

Also, I am working on a new version of the User Guide to help people better use the features in Fantasy Grounds II and the 4E ruleset. More to come.

Cheers,
JPG

johniba
February 20th, 2010, 20:45
Awsome!
Hey one question, will you do the same for D20_JPG?

drahkar
February 20th, 2010, 20:57
Is that the only update in the 2.6.5 release? Or are there more release notes to come? :)

Nibelung
February 20th, 2010, 21:11
Im not sure if this is the right place, but i think i found the first official bug. If a character have resist <energy>, and a resist all effect, they both stacks, when they shouldn't.

I checked this with a player activating his Brooch of Shielding (resist 10 force, reist 10 all against a single attack) against a magic missile.

Moon Wizard
February 21st, 2010, 02:10
The best place to report issues is in the House of Healing support forum.

I will add the resist issue to the list of items to be addressed in the next ruleset patch release.

Moon Wizard
February 21st, 2010, 02:12
The majority of the effort in this release went to incorporating and finishing the 4E ruleset for everyone to enjoy.

On the d20_JPG ruleset, the plan is to merge the 3.5E and the d20_JPG ruleset into one amazing ruleset. This is on the short list for future updates.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
February 21st, 2010, 18:58
Minor update to 4E ruleset (v2.0.1) pushed today.

Patched loop/crash issue that could occur in combat tracker with converted 4E_JPG campaigns built with FG versions prior to 2.3.0.
Tabbing in character powers will now stop on the Range field.

Cheers,
JPG

LilCthulhu
February 22nd, 2010, 16:28
Kudos on that ruleset, it's been a while since we had updated our 4e ruleset, ... our DM did last night and I saw the newest release of the ruleset, ... WOW ! Looking fwd to our next game !

mac40k
February 22nd, 2010, 17:59
I just started parsing stuff this weekend. The parser has two options, one for v 1.5.1 and one for v2. Since I wasn't testing the v2 ruleset, I opted to parse for v1.5.1. Now the FG update upgraded me to v2 of the 4e ruleset. I'm still able to open the library modules I created for 1.5.1 after converting a test campaign I was using to 4e using the built in updater. I assume that everything is fine and that is part of the reason for the updater? I would hate to find out I have to reparse everything for v2 to get things to run correctly.

Tenian
February 22nd, 2010, 18:54
The 2.0 vs 1.5.1 flag just control certain display elements. The 2.0 flag correctly moves the power flavor to the space directly below the name. If the 1.5.1 flag is enabled, it is displayed in the old location (below the recharge/action/keywords/etc).

Also, reparsing the modules should just be a matter of loading the instruction file, selecting the 2.0 option and hitting go. It's not like you have to enter all the information again....

mac40k
February 23rd, 2010, 19:28
The 2.0 vs 1.5.1 flag just control certain display elements. The 2.0 flag correctly moves the power flavor to the space directly below the name. If the 1.5.1 flag is enabled, it is displayed in the old location (below the recharge/action/keywords/etc).

Also, reparsing the modules should just be a matter of loading the instruction file, selecting the 2.0 option and hitting go. It's not like you have to enter all the information again....

Ah, that would presume I had saved the instruction files. I did them one book at a time, making a separate module for each. After completing a parse and discovering I had to completely redo everything for the next book, I didn't see any reason to save the instruction files. Wasn't allowing for the possibility of having to re-parse.

Zeus
February 24th, 2010, 01:24
I might be able to help you there. I have written a decompiler which will, given a 4E ruleset compatible module, reverse-engineer the XML into source text files ready for input back into the Parser.

I wrote the tool mainly for helping out in situations like this where the original source module files have been lost, deleted or corrupted.

PM with your email address and I'll gladly rev-eng your modules for you.

mac40k
February 24th, 2010, 20:59
I have all the input files that I scraped, just didn't bother to save the instructions file, so I can re-parse them myself, but would have to re-enter all the values in the parser is all. Not sure it's worth the effort if things will work as they are.

Moon Wizard
February 25th, 2010, 18:46
Very minor update in the 4E ruleset (v2.0.2) to remove any problematic references. No feature updates or bug fixes.

Cheers,
JPG

LuckyRob
March 1st, 2010, 05:27
I see that the description area on the power now allows a carriage return to the next line. Nice work! Is there anyway to add additional formatting to the text into this area (i.e. bold)?

Thanks!

Moon Wizard
March 1st, 2010, 06:38
No, the power description is purely a text field.

There are formattedtextfield objects within FG, but they have very limited functionality so they are not usable for power fields, only for story entries.

Cheers,
JPG

Foen
March 1st, 2010, 22:00
*nudge*

It would be really great to increase the functionality of formatted text fields, such as getValue/setValue.

Foen