Thanks for your advice
sun

ddavison
February 19th, 2010, 14:30
Hi folks,

how can I name my token bags?

Thanks for your advice
sun

There are two types of bags: physical and virtual. The virtual bags are automatically assigned a name like *custom0, *custom1, etc. The physical bags are created based on folders located under either your Tokens/host or your Tokens/shared folder. For any permanent bags, I prefer the physical bag approach. It allows me to create a bag for each genre that I want to support and I can keep things organized and out of sight unless I need them. You can create as many folders and sub-folder as you want and they will all be rendered as nested physical bags within FG.

One note though, is that currently the tokens are loaded into memory at start-up, which can lead to longer load times and higher memory usage. For that reason, we have started making the official token packs as modules so that you only load the token packs you want to use during play.

Doswelk
February 20th, 2010, 08:10
One note though, is that currently the tokens are loaded into memory at start-up, which can lead to longer load times and higher memory usage. For that reason, we have started making the official token packs as modules so that you only load the token packs you want to use during play.

Doug, just a quick question then, to confirm my thoughts on how to do that (and to help anyone who does not know!)

Do you mean using the export option to create a module just made up of tokens?

Either way it never occurred to me to create token modules! That will speed up my start time!

Oberoten
February 20th, 2010, 08:15
I thought there was quite a few problems with module tokens? Like them not saving nicely to personalities etc. Or has that been fixed?

- Obe