PDA

View Full Version : 4E Installation Help

Jpasimio
February 18th, 2010, 00:10
I just downloaded the 4E Ruleset and I'm trying to install it. I have located the AppData folder. I had to create a "rulesets" folder. Once created I extracted the zip folder into it.

Nothing happens.

How do I make it work?

Griogre
February 18th, 2010, 00:48
First, if you don't have the full or ultimate versions of FG you don't need to install the ruleset.

If you do have one of those versions then make sure you don't either have an extra folder or no folders when you extract the zip. Thus in the ruleset folder you should have a folder containing the ruleset probably called 4E_JPG or something similar and inside that folder you should have five folders and 60ish files.

Jpasimio
February 18th, 2010, 02:09
I only have the Lite Version right now.

Won't I need the 4E ruleset to create a 4E character?

Leonal
February 18th, 2010, 02:42
The ruleset will be downloaded automatically from the GM when you connect to a session. After that is done you can create your character.

Having your character prepared in advance (in excel/notepad etc.) so you can copy/paste into FG once you're connected helps speed things up. :)

Griogre
February 18th, 2010, 03:16
To further clarfiy what Leonal said, there are very few rulesets that allow the lite version to build local characters and the 4E ruleset is not one of them so you'll build your character on the DM's server after you connect and get the ruleset.

Jpasimio
February 18th, 2010, 14:31
Thanks! That's very helpful.

johniba
February 20th, 2010, 20:47
Since today's update already include 4E ruleset with FG2, I believe you wont need to install it yourself :)