PDA

View Full Version : Magic Itens problem. [PASER + 4E_JPG]

almeidafreak
February 17th, 2010, 20:20
Hi guys, I'm sorry if this' the wrong place! I've really got no clue, i'm pretty new to the community.

First thing, congrats on the community, people really seem to work hard to improve the program, which, btw, is absolutely wonderful.

I got a lil' problem with the 4E_JPG and Parser.

See, I got the whole Parser thing and 4E_JPG works wonderfully overall, but there is this thing on magic itens I just can't get to work.

Some of them are generic and can be made into any kind of weapon, like Parrying Weapon. When I make that weapon I get no damage dice, since it can be any weapon. And when I change it manually at the itens tab of the character window (I'm the DM), it doesn't show the dice at the combat tab. I'm sure i'm usen the correct formatting, because when I click the "1d4 damage" I typed, it rolls the 1d4, but it doesn't show. When I double-click the parrying weapon on the combat screen, it rolls a 1d6 BUT when summing up it counts 0+modifiers.

I dunno if I was clear, it seems rather confusing, really.

Well, if anyone has any insight on this, make your check cause for me this' been a DC 50 insight/perception check (lame, so lame...)

Thanks in advance!

Griogre
February 17th, 2010, 22:31
In the 4E ruleset the DM has to make certain items in two steps. 1) Open up the Item's book on the FG desktop then, Drag and Drop the magic item, say a +1 Magic Weapon, onto the items list. 2) Open the item, +1 Magic Weapon, in the list and then drag and drop a weapon onto the open item, say a long sword. If you do it right you would end up with a +1 Longsword with the correct damage dice and proficiently bonus.

In the case of players buying or making a weapon/armor item just have the player drag the item into their character's inventory and the DM can drop the correct armor or weapon type on the item to finish building it.

Moon Wizard
February 17th, 2010, 22:42
Here is how to make magic weapons using the 4E ruleset and the data from the parser. This process is necessary since the magic weapon entries are generic and not tied to a specific weapon.

* Open the campaign Items list.
* Open the library containing your magic weapons list.
* Drag the magic weapon entry from the library to the campaign Items list.
* Open the new magic item entry in the campaign Items list.
* Open the library containing your standard weapons list.
* Drag the standard weapon entry from the library to the new magic item entry.
* The details of the weapon will be applied to the magic item entry, and the "Weapon" in the magic item entry will be replaced with the type of weapon.

* Open your character sheet to the Combat tab or the Inventory tab.
* Drag the magic item entry link to the Weapons/Implements section of the Combat tab or item list section of the Inventory tab.

When I follow these steps, the item is correctly added to the character with all the appropriate dice, damage types, critical dice, etc.

You can follow similar steps to create specific magic armor.

Cheers,
JPG

almeidafreak
February 18th, 2010, 00:35
You guys rock, really. Damnit, you guys made it so simple and easy that I feel dumb to have asked!

Thanks a lot, really! And Congrats on the awesome work!

EDIT: Hm, I may have come up with a decent question this time. Does the Weapon Focus bonus apply automaticaly or need I proceed in a similar way to determine the weapon group I made my choice?

Moon Wizard
February 18th, 2010, 09:05
Most feats and effects are not applied automatically. The character sheet provided in FG does a lot of work for you, but it is not a full-blown character generator which would require permission from Wizards.

You need to explicitly add the bonuses to the correct part of the sheet.

For your example, if I added Weapon Focus to a character in my campaign, I would:

* Open the Abilities tab of character sheet.
* Add the feat to the Feats section (via library module or type in)
* Go to the Combat tab of the character sheet.
* Add +1 to the damage field of any weapon in the weapon group you picked for your feat.

Cheers,
JPG

almeidafreak
February 18th, 2010, 11:41
That's beyond perfect man, I just asked because I did put ALL the bonuses, but the character sheet considers some of them. I was getting some high bonuses and wanted to make sure which ones werer automatically applied!

But now everything's working perfecly! And you can specify bonuses for EACH POWER, which is awesome and extremely handy! (I didn't see that before XD)

Thanks again for the help!