PDA

View Full Version : Against the Orcs?

sunfest
February 17th, 2010, 12:33
Hello folks,

I just purchased FG2 with the SWEX ruleset but cannot find the added adventure against the orcs. How do I get the adventure loaded? Any ideas?

Thanks a lot
sun

Doswelk
February 17th, 2010, 13:03
Was there a .mod file included in the zip file?

I've not bought the SWEX ruleset so I do not know exactly how it comes packaged up, but check to see if a .mod file is not in the modules folder.

sunfest
February 17th, 2010, 14:46
Yes, there is a .mod file in the zip folder. But by default there is no "modules" folder in my FG folder let alone any other folder like "campaigns" or "characters". I just created a "modules" folder in the FG folder and dropped the .mod file there - but with no results...

It might be a stupid question but is there any difference between the lite and the full version when downloading it? To me the .exe files seem to be exactly the same. Maybe I mixed it up (I downloaded 5 lites and 1 full) and in the end installed the lite version, what could be an explanation for the fact that there are'nt any of the folders mentioned above by default in the FG folder...

Kalan
February 17th, 2010, 14:49
Yes, there is a .mod file in the zip folder. But by default there is no "modules" folder in my FG folder let alone any other folder like "campaigns" or "characters". I just created a "modules" folder in the FG folder and dropped the .mod file there - but with no results...

It might be a stupid question but is there any difference between the lite and the full version when downloading it? To me the .exe files seem to be exactly the same. Maybe I mixed it up (I downloaded 5 lites and 1 full) and in the end installed the lite version, what could be an explanation for the fact that there are'nt any of the folders mentioned above by default in the FG folder...

Depending on your OS, it gets put in diff places :)

For XP/Vista (at least in my experience), clicking on Start -> Programs -> Fantasy Grounds, should bring up a listing of icons, one of which should be called "Application Data Folder". Clicking on that will bring up a folder where all "optional" data for FGII is stored, one of the folders in there is called Modules, which is where you would put the .mod file (and if I recall correct, it should be the same whether you have the Full or Lite installed).

Hope that helps :S

sunfest
February 17th, 2010, 15:35
Thanks Kalan that really helped! :- )