PDA

View Full Version : Call of Cthulhu - GMT

Cearlan
February 17th, 2010, 07:04
Checking the interest in a campaign for Chaosium's Call of Cthulhu (D%).

I am based in Kent; UK: and would be looking to run this on Sunday evenings from about 7-ish until 10 to 11 depending on interest. I am looking to take on a couple of investigators, maybe three, to round off the party. We have already got a parapsychologist as well as an author and two others, investigators pending, which will take us up to a total of six which I am aiming for.

Classic (1920's) era starting in America - I cannot remember if it starts in either New York or Boston off the top of my head

Hope to hear soon,

Norm

Kalan
February 17th, 2010, 07:15
Checking the interest in a campaign for Chaosium's Call of Cthulhu (D%).

I am based in Kent; UK: and would be looking to run this on Sunday evenings from about 7-ish until 10 to 11 depending on interest. I am looking to take on a couple of investigators, maybe three, to round off the party. We have already got a parapsychologist as well as an author and two others, investigators pending, which will take us up to a total of six which I am aiming for.

Classic (1920's) era starting in America - I cannot remember if it starts in either New York or Boston off the top of my head

Hope to hear soon,

Norm

If this were to end closer to the 10pmish mark GMT than 11, I may be able to swing wife approval to join in. Let me check later today and get back to you :)

Cearlan
February 17th, 2010, 13:07
11 was mooted as a latest time only. In all probability we would be looking at finishing between 10 to half past GMT

Norm

Kalan
February 17th, 2010, 14:46
11 was mooted as a latest time only. In all probability we would be looking at finishing between 10 to half past GMT

Norm

Just remembered I have my own campaigns that date (though a bit earlier in the day)...

I may be able to swing bi-weekly though - weekly could be a bit of a stretch :S

Helios1001
February 18th, 2010, 20:49
I've sent you a PM expressing an interest Cearlan.

The Cruachan
February 21st, 2010, 21:57
Bit late to the party but....

After a very long absence from rpgs I stumbled upon FG2 just recently. I've been scrubbing up on the rules once more and would be very interested in a sojourn into the world of Mr Lovecraft if I'm not too late.

Only one question, do you use purely text or is there some form of voice (SKYPE) or whatever. Have a preference for just text but am willing to try voice as well.

Cheers.

skybluerob
February 23rd, 2010, 17:51
Hello

I'd like to take part if you decide to run this.

Rob.

Cearlan
February 26th, 2010, 22:24
Sorry people I am going to have to let you down,at least a little. Some personal, real-life issues have unfortunately meant the game will be put back 14 days and as a result I am looking to start it off on Sunday 14th March,

Sorry ain't good enough I know, but at the present it is the best I can offer.

Helios1001; The Cruachan; and skybluerob you are in providing you have the "right stuff" i.e FGII patched up and ready to go. and Sunday evenings free (GMT) of course.

I will try and get online about 8-ish on the 7th for those that want to generate characters with me online, but this may not happen due to my 'stuff.' I'll drop a PM to everyone involved and if you reply via e-mail with your addy I can set someting up with you and keep you informed direct.

Sorry again

Norm

The Cruachan
February 28th, 2010, 15:45
No problem to me, have sent the afore mentioned email as instructed.

Cheers.

Mask_of_winter
February 28th, 2010, 17:24
For those interested...

I'm running a Realms of Cthulhu using the Savage Worlds ruleset on Saturday afternoons EST. That might accomodate some of the europeans members. We also use Skype for ooc chat. If you dont have the books it's no problem, we'll get you hooked up.

We played the first game yesterday and had a blast. We have 4 players already.

A dilettante, a thug (cultist slayer), an army psychiatrist and a professor so far.

Let me know if you're interested or have any questions.

Aracon
March 3rd, 2010, 05:34
I'm not entirely sure about re-distribution of work but I have drawn up the Corbitt House in a decent full color map. I sent a copy in for review for consideration as a ruleset enhancement.

As time permits, I will be working up sites in Arkham and NYC.

borusa32
March 13th, 2010, 22:16
This looks very good.
I can't join as the time clashes with our Sunday FG2 group ( UK based).
We are doing C&C currently but I am running Dark ages Vikings when its my turn to GM.
Good luck with your campaign.

Peter

The Cruachan
March 13th, 2010, 23:33
Cearlan,

Just a quick note? Are you still planning on running this at some point. Not trying to be pushy just checking as I didn't manage online last Sunday to check.
Was suffering from the mother of all hang overs at the time...and Monday and a little bit on Tuesday too. Don't really drink so an all day bender was not the best idea I've every had...lol

Cheers

Cearlan
March 18th, 2010, 20:56
Sorry people,

I had connection problems at the weekend and have only just managed to get some sort of stable connection .... I will be online this Sunday evening from 6 to 7 to get investigators etc done and dusted. Looking to really start either after the character sheets are loaded up or the following week.

I sent an e-mail to those whose addy I had ... sorry of you were missed out for some reason. I'll send out another email later with connection details and so forth.

Norm

Cearlan
March 20th, 2010, 20:16
Online now for those who want to add / work on their characters.

If anyone cannot get on then e-mail me on

norman(at)nglogan(dot)freeserve(dot) co(dot)uk

Cearlan
March 21st, 2010, 12:07
I'm online and will keep the computer running all day though I am AFK for most of it - she decided to decorate our bedroom this weekend of all weekends! :mad:

Same login as above

snafusan
March 23rd, 2010, 05:01
Hello

I'd be quite interested in joining this game. I'm on terrible Virgin ADS-Hell at the moment and looking to get a stable connection soon. Skype is a no-no for me (My cat has been chewing cables anyway), but I can handle text no problem so I'll just have to act in character and then do the OOC stuff a little later down the line when I move providors and get a new headset (curse you cat.)

I'm pretty rusty on CoC as it was about 10 years ago since I last played. I've got the rulebook (Think it's a 2nd edition release? I'll double check.) and can give myself a quick refresher.

I'm going to be running a Rolemaster game on Saturdays and it'd be pretty cool if I could, after all these years, partake in something as a player :-)

Let me know if you've got room for another Investigator. I'm ready to dribble my way to the asylum...

snafusan
March 23rd, 2010, 22:01
I tell a lie.. turns out it's Third edition I've got.

Also I'm based in the Midlands. Ex Londoner moved beyond the great border of Watford...

Arnuphis
July 3rd, 2010, 17:49
Hello there. I'm from England but now living in California. I'd be interested in joining a game. 6pm your time equates to 10am here so I could join you if you have space. Just let me know.