PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds - Shadows of War

Kalan
February 15th, 2010, 09:19
Good day all!

I am currently seeking a maximum of two players to take part in an ongoing campaign set in a home brew fantasy world using the Savage Worlds system.

The world is one of my own creation, with some inspiration from the Dragon Age: Origins game by Bioware. It is a "dark fantasy" setting, with many of the "special rules" still being worked on (I'm considering tweaking magic a little...just not sure how yet).

I'll be using the core Savage Worlds v3 ruleset, SW:EX, and the Fantasy Companion (which has not been released as a module yet...but if you have it handy in hard copy you can use it).

Our first session, which will include Char Gen, and possibly an introduction, will take place at 14:00 Copenhagen time, Sunday Feb 21, 2010 (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=21&month=2&year=2010&hour=14&min=0&sec=0&p1=69). I plan on running on average 4hour long sessions.

This will be a bi-weekly campaign.

Should you have any questions, please ask away!

kalmarjan
February 15th, 2010, 16:55
Good day all!

I am currently seeking a maximum of two players to take part in an ongoing campaign set in a home brew fantasy world using the Savage Worlds system.

The world is one of my own creation, with some inspiration from the Dragon Age: Origins game by Bioware. It is a "dark fantasy" setting, with many of the "special rules" still being worked on (I'm considering tweaking magic a little...just not sure how yet).

I'll be using the core Savage Worlds v3 ruleset, SW:EX, and the Fantasy Companion (which has not been released as a module yet...but if you have it handy in hard copy you can use it).

Our first session, which will include Char Gen, and possibly an introduction, will take place at 14:00 Copenhagen time, Sunday Feb 21, 2010 (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=21&month=2&year=2010&hour=14&min=0&sec=0&p1=69). I plan on running on average 4hour long sessions.

This will be a bi-weekly campaign.

Should you have any questions, please ask away!
Barring connection problems, I am soooo there!

Sid
February 15th, 2010, 17:23
Hey Vincent,

Your campaign sounds like something I'd be interested in. Do you have any idea how long it will run (I need to confirm if I can fit it in to my gaming/life schedule)?

I run a weekly Hellfrost campaign here in London, UK and I'm also reaching the End Game of a 4e Eberron campaign that I've been running biweekly since the launch of 4th edition. (both are traditional table top games, not FG2)

I'm currently working on converting several adventures from the Lands of Legend (Dragon Warriors) to FGII modules and I'm hoping to run those under the Savage Worlds ruleset at some point later this year. In the mean time, I'd like to sit on the other side of the screen and get more experience with FG2.

Cheers,

Savage Sid

Kalan
February 15th, 2010, 19:22
@kal - Dude, of course you're in ;) I'm running this mostly for you man :D I saved you and Stuart a spot ;)

@Sid - well, not sure how to answer ye mate. I plan on running between 3-4 hours every two weeks for as long as you lot can put up with me ;) There could be occasional missed sessions (due to birthdays, family visits, the like), but hopefully those will be few and far between :) So if you want in - you're welcome to join in :)

Depending on work, I hope to at least put up some of the flavour text for the world up prior to Sunday. I'll post a link to the wiki in the next day or so so that you guys can register.

Tristram
February 15th, 2010, 20:05
Hi Vincent,

If you have room I would be interested. Doorway to Darkness was too brief, I've been waiting to get to be a player again. This fits my schedule and would give me a good reason to get the Fantasy Companion.

-Tristram

jcdf
February 15th, 2010, 20:09
I might be interested in joining though I have never used the Savage Worlds v3 ruleset.

I am willing to learn.

Kalan
February 15th, 2010, 20:17
Hi Vincent,

If you have room I would be interested. Doorway to Darkness was too brief, I've been waiting to get to be a player again. This fits my schedule and would give me a good reason to get the Fantasy Companion.

-Tristram

Well holy smokes! Long time no see :)

You're more than welcome to join in Tris! Doorway was FAR too brief (and damn...someone remembers that one!!)

Kalan
February 15th, 2010, 20:18
I might be interested in joining though I have never used the Savage Worlds v3 ruleset.

I am willing to learn.

You don't need anything Jc other than a willingness to learn :) (and a lite licence! :) )

I'm going to consider this game now full...thanks :)

I'll be sending wiki information to all concerned in the next couple of days.

Cheers!

Sid
February 15th, 2010, 20:49
I mainly asked about your timetable because I've got a holiday coming up in a few months. If thats not a problem, I'm game.

Kalan
February 15th, 2010, 20:58
I mainly asked about your timetable because I've got a holiday coming up in a few months. If thats not a problem, I'm game.

That shouldn't be a big problem I thinks :) One of the joys of running a biweekly session.

Worst case your character sits out for a session (or two at most) - or we pick up something else for a couple of weeks to give a bit of a break.

Kalan
February 18th, 2010, 09:41
Hey guys!

Not sure if everyone has or not, but there's now a little more information up on the wiki (https://gaming.kalanskorner.com) now with regards to the setting. While I still have a fair bit to go (statting the races fx), I think there's enough there to get the creative juices flowing. While I have the "edit wiki" function disabled for now, I believe you guys can comment - or use the forums for discussions.

I think that's it for now...

See you guys sunday!

Kalan
February 18th, 2010, 11:36
The wiki will not let me register ?

Hmmm...what error are you getting mate? (maybe send me your email details and I can set you up manually from this end)

Stuart
February 18th, 2010, 11:37
Ok - fixed, waiting activation.

Kalan
February 18th, 2010, 11:38
Ok - fixed, waiting activation.

All done :)

Kalan
February 20th, 2010, 20:54
Connection info is now up at the Shadows forums :)

See you all tomorrow!

kalmarjan
February 21st, 2010, 17:03
Thank you to Vinnie who ran a great game, even if we were all rusty. Shame that the barman had to die...

Seriously looking forward to 2 weeks from now.

Kalan
February 21st, 2010, 17:38
Thank you to Vinnie who ran a great game, even if we were all rusty. Shame that the barman had to die...

Thank you all who showed up...it was a good time, and it was a good thing to get all the rust off the wheels!

Now I wonder what the barman was going to reveal.... :ninja:

jcdf
February 21st, 2010, 18:27

You did WHAT! :eek:

I am Irish and the one thing I will NOT condone is the killing of the man that provides the drinks. You never EVER EVER EVER kill a barman. What you did was disgusting, BAD! :mad:

If this sort of behaviour is going to be the norm in your party then you can count me out.

Repent, NOW or else. :dead:

kalmarjan
February 21st, 2010, 19:54
You did WHAT! :eek:

I am Irish and the one thing I will NOT condone is the killing of the man that provides the drinks. You never EVER EVER EVER kill a barman. What you did was disgusting, BAD! :mad:

If this sort of behaviour is going to be the norm in your party then you can count me out.

Repent, NOW or else. :dead:

Uhh, Fasonestame had this to say:

Well, 'twas not us that killed the Bar Man, it was Miri... who ran away. Something about Ariyana and her not being pleased.
Seriously though, had some fun times bowling with the dwarves, even if the shoes were not exactly... fashionable.

I know that the dwarf that was fighting with us took exception to that remark, but hey, what's one to do on that? They end up all lookin the same anyway! (No offense Grydor!)

Now, if I could only find that cursed Helystareon, and how he was involved...CURSE HIM!

Sid
February 22nd, 2010, 06:53
Our short little friend exhaled a plume of smoke, levelling his pipe at Fasonestame;

The name is Gryndal, you long legged lout!

kalmarjan
February 22nd, 2010, 13:34
Fasonestame smirked, then waved his jands as if suggesting the smoke was offensive.

Just my luck, a dwarf, AND a dirty smoker! Just quit that filthy habit 2 summers ago. Can't you take that outside? Your expensive pipeweed with the stench of death makes me regret spending my last copper on that stew!

Kalan
March 10th, 2010, 11:20
So now we are a couple of sessions in, and things seem to be going well for the group...thus far.

I do have room for one more player - our next session is: Sunday March 21, @ 14.00 Copenhagen time (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=21&month=3&year=2010&hour=14&min=0&sec=0&p1=69).

If you're interested, please PM me, and feel free to sign up at my Wiki (https://gaming.kalanskorner.com) for more information on the world.

Take care!

kalmarjan
March 10th, 2010, 11:43
Says the great Fasonestame:

Aye, if we are to catch the elusive death agents of Helystaeron, we are needing another body. Must be able to handle a little killing, and must enjoy a good supper and fine ale! Sissies need not apply!