PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Rulesets

Kerp
February 14th, 2010, 07:24
I'm sure there is a pretty simple fix for this but I cannot figure it out. I'm trying to find where to put new rulesets, specifically the community ones.

I don't see a folder or anything in the program file and the User Manual didn't have any helpful hints. Is there an extractor or something specific you need to have to make community rulesets work?

Oberoten
February 14th, 2010, 08:07
Start-Menu--->Programs--> Fantasy Grounds II --> Application Data

Drop ruleset main-folder in the ruleset folder.

And you are done.

- Obe

Kerp
February 14th, 2010, 08:10
I swear I don't see that anywhere. Did I maybe install it wrong or something?

Oberoten
February 14th, 2010, 09:13
Under windows XP
c:\Documents and Settings\<yourusername\Application Data\Fantasy Grounds II\rulesets

Windows 7, Vista
c:\users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\Rulesets\

Kerp
February 14th, 2010, 09:27
I seriously have no idea what's wrong. The path you provided (I use Windows7) doesn't exist. There's no AppData Folder under my Username or Public and certainly not under FG2 in my Programs. I un-installed and re-installed for the hell of it, didn't mess with any options and got nothing. Searching for it also brought up no winners but the Windows 7 Search seems to be slightly terrible.

This is getting pretty annoying.

Oberoten
February 14th, 2010, 09:39
Ah, the appdata folder is a hidden one, you might have to turn on visibility for hidden files and folders.

... blame microsoft by the by. They are the ones that decided that "best practice" is to not have data files in the program folder.

Kerp
February 14th, 2010, 09:45
Damnit! That was exactly the problem, I must have forgotten to view hidden when I upgraded from Vista.

Thanks, you have been a huge help. Probably saved me sending a rage filled e-mail to customer support.

Oberoten
February 14th, 2010, 11:39
Glad to see you got it working. If you want/need more rulesets etc make sure to check out my FG-Wiki.

- Obe

Oberoten
February 14th, 2010, 11:44
Hmm... Since this seems to be THE most common problem I added it to the wiki main-page.

- Obe