PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting Players for 4E game on Mondays.

Desmodaeus
February 12th, 2010, 12:21
As it seems I will never find a stable game to actually play as a character in, I shall do what I do best anyway and run another campaign as a DM. I will be running a 4E d&d campaign set in my own campaign world. All characters will begin at level 1. We will use text only during play as I feel it helps the immersion.

Ok, we are shooting for Sunday at 3 PM Central Time for those interested.

THIS GAME IS NOW FULL UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. Thanks everyone for the interest!

Requirements

Skype (Used to stream music for atmosphere during play)
FG II (Lite)
18 Years old minimum
Ability to make it to most games

Allowed

All races aside from warforged and deva
Powers acceptable from all source books
All classes acceptable from both handbooks
All characters get 20 points to spend at a 1 for 1 increase and stats begin at 10
No stat can be above 18 without a racial bonus

Post here with character class and race if interested.

TBA
February 12th, 2010, 13:07
I'm trying to get into an online game... based in the UK, but kinda limited to 19:00 to maybe 01:00 hours GMT. Sunday can be ok (I play in a table game on the odd sunday), but weeknights is better. Please let me know if this fits with your plans!

I'm a 3.5 vet, new to FG2 and 4Ed but ready to give it a bash. Have the first 4ed players handbook and willing to play pretty much any class or race in it.

edit - I'm getting married in a couple of weeks, so should be able to be actively evolved in earnest from march, until then my plans could be disrupted!

Desmodaeus
February 12th, 2010, 14:46
Hmm. Sounds as if you have a lot on your plate. I am sorry but I really want to get a solid group together that can make it to sessions reliably. Contact me in the future if things change. Good luck with the marriage!

WarLokk
February 12th, 2010, 14:56
I am also a 3.5 Vet but new to 4E and FGII. I would love to hop in a regular game and learn the ropes with a good group. I am 24 years old and in CST Timezone.

What times / timezone are you thinking of the Monday game?

Desmodaeus
February 12th, 2010, 15:14
I'll have a definite answer on times tomorrow. It's fine if you are new to it. What class were you thinking of?

jcdf
February 12th, 2010, 15:23
I too am trying to get into an online game...

I am currently unlicensed.

I can play any day for the next two weeks 14:00 to 18:00 or 19:00 to 2:00 GMT time

I am familiar with D&D 3.5 and 4E

I am more than 18 years old and have a good internet connection, I think that was what you were asking when you said "ability to make it to most games".

I do not have Skype, is it absolutely necessary? I could download it if so.

character class: Rogue (I have no problem being another class)
Race: Human (I have no problem being another race)
str 12
Dex 16
Con 15
Int 13
Wis 10
Char 14

Desmodaeus
February 12th, 2010, 15:30
Hello. Yes skype is necessary as the music really helps to set the mood for different things that are going on. It takes like 2 minutes to setup and download and it is free. As for being unlicensed, not sure what you mean but as long as you can connect then you're good to go. I actually have the server up right now. PM me if you want the code.

WarLokk
February 12th, 2010, 15:38
Not sure on class yet. Will have to look at my 4E books when I get home tonight

Jadryk
February 12th, 2010, 18:02
32yo EST here .. would love to join in if I can (will depend on the time)

I prefer to be either a Human Cleric or 1/2 Elf Wizard, whichever the group needs more. If psionics are allowed, then I'd do a human psionicist instead of wizard.

I played 2.5e years ago, as well as shadowrun, new to FG2 though.

Jad

Desmodaeus
February 12th, 2010, 18:03
No psionics but a wizard is fine.

Jadryk
February 12th, 2010, 18:05
That's fine. I've come to realize that I'm the only person in the world that likes psionics, so I'm used to it :)

Once things get rolling, just let me know which the group could use more. I enjoy playing both classes, so either is fine with me.

Desmodaeus
February 12th, 2010, 18:54
Alright. PM me for server IP as I can bring it up tonight for those who want to get started on a character.

jcdf
February 12th, 2010, 19:19
Hello. Yes skype is necessary as the music really helps to set the mood for different things that are going on. It takes like 2 minutes to setup and download and it is free. As for being unlicensed, not sure what you mean but as long as you can connect then you're good to go. I actually have the server up right now. PM me if you want the code.
You are running the 'Fantasy Grounds II Ultimate License' aren't you? Thanks will give it a try in the next hour or two.

lokibee
February 12th, 2010, 20:57
sounds cool I can definitly play on any night but friday am in gmt -6 am 40 yrs old have headset will get skype.

as far as char. goes hmmm perhaps a eldarin wizard or eldarin ranger

Desmodaeus
February 13th, 2010, 00:10
No, I am running a full license, you will need a lite to play.

Desmodaeus
February 13th, 2010, 00:11
sounds cool I can definitly play on any night but friday am in gmt -6 am 40 yrs old have headset will get skype.

as far as char. goes hmmm perhaps a eldarin wizard or eldarin ranger

We've got a ranger already but no wizard as of yet who is for sure. Unless you want to play a two-handed melee ranger.

lokibee
February 13th, 2010, 00:46
wizard sounds fun to me :)

loafkill
February 13th, 2010, 01:11
I wouldnt mind playing im new, ive had FG2 for quite sometime but could never find anyone to play. Im 29 years old, and I will be in PST time zone for the next 3 months, and then back to EST. as far as a class goes I will get back to you on that if your game isnt full.

Desmodaeus
February 13th, 2010, 01:47
Not full yet. We have only confirmed a Ranger and a Cleric so far. Let me know if you're for sure and I'll send you the code for the server.

loafkill
February 13th, 2010, 01:52
Yeah im in, just need to know what time on mondays. Im starting a class, and i dont see a problem as long as it isnt 9 o clock in the morning, something in the evening would be better

lokibee
February 13th, 2010, 02:04
I am for sure as a wizard

loafkill
February 13th, 2010, 02:08
I have all the 3.5 books are the 4e basically the same, or are they drastically different?

PS.

was trying to get into pathfinder, have all those books to. Anyways, gonna fire up FG and look at the different classes... Let me know if you fg is up and what not and ill connect.

Do i need to get the 4e_jpg license, and how are you going to manage charactors, or are you just going to use 3.5?

WarLokk
February 13th, 2010, 04:58
4E is completely different and new rules.

Desmodaeus
February 13th, 2010, 12:18
Yes, 4E is altogether different in almost every way than 3.5 though both have their merits. I went from being a hardcore 3.5 pathfinder guy to actually loving 4E now. It's really all about what you do with a system that makes it good or bad. D&D has always been meant to be flexible and I think too many people are afraid to experiment or do anything other than "exactly as the book says" and it is why they can't enjoy it. I've heard lots of complaints actually about how you cannot roleplay in 4E which I think is hilarious. How do game rules in any way affect rp? We've had some amazing rp experiences in 4E and I hope to have many more.

Jadryk
February 13th, 2010, 16:48
i've not played since 2.5, and i was really shocked at 4e last night when i was setting up a character, but i'm willing to give it a try.

Kacz
February 14th, 2010, 00:54
I am extremely interested in joining up with you guys.

I'm new to D&D in general. Bought the 2nd edition books long ago and poured over them, tried DMing a few sessions but my friends at the time just weren't that interested. The Penny Arcade D&D podcast and Robot Chicken video's have since stirred my interest and have ordered the players handbooks (should be delivered monday) Already poured over the free quick start rules on D&D as well as created a handful of characters in the character creator.

If you wouldn't mind someone new to the game I would love to join you. Looks as if you have cleric, ranger, and possibly a wizard. Sounds like you need a fighter so thats what I plan on doing.

My only concern is what time on Mondays. Don't think I've seen it posted. I'm in the EST time zone. 7 PM would be ideal start time for me, could possibly squeeze it in earlier.

Let me know if this works for you. Thanks!

KSchade
February 14th, 2010, 11:03
Edit: Just noticed the other thread. Sunday is a no-go, unfortunately.