PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds Ruleset - Multiple Characters?

Uthred
February 11th, 2010, 18:30
Using the SW ruleset last night, my group encountered something that I cannot find any details on anywhere. The host server contains several generated characters, all of which were cleared of ownership by the GM. When connected via the client, each player can choose 1 character to play, but no more than that. Is this a bug, or deliberate by design? All the other rulesets we have used have allowed one player to control multiple player characters. I don't see why this feature would be restricted for Savage Worlds. Thanks!

ddavison
February 12th, 2010, 05:14
This is a bug that came to light recently and is being worked on for the planned update to version 4. This issue has not been resolved yet, but we will probably release a hot fix for it as soon as it is fixed. Other changes will go into effect for version 4 to coincide with the release of Deadlands Reloaded.

Doswelk
February 12th, 2010, 12:31
Just to keep them all in one place (just in case I've forgotten to tell Andy about any of these!)

1) More than one PC no longer selectable (Andy and I were testing and discussing this at length the other day)
2) Snap to grid no longer works (this was caused by FGII update)
3) Dice in the Power Tab of the PC sheet do not explode (the weapon sheet dice do)
4) Group icons (in combat tracker) are not selectable by players (I have to create separate entries right now hence long tracker lists in big fights)
5) Think there is one more but I cannot remember it right now...

I've dug out of the "Dev" version I had and used for over a year before it was tweaked and became the V3 version, this did not have some of the bugs above and thus I sent to Andy (of course this did not have all the cool functionality either!)

Uthred
February 12th, 2010, 15:45
Thanks for the update! Really looking forward to Deadlands as well. One other question comes to mind - will v3 owners be updated to v4, will it be a new purchase?