PDA

View Full Version : Looking for One 4e Player for 'Scales of War' Campaign

willquestion
February 8th, 2010, 10:45
Hey Guys,
I'm running Scales of War on Mondays from 6-10pm Central Time and I'm looking for one more player for our group. We may change the time to 5-10pm. We're about half way done with the first module of the campaign. Three requirements are that you're a social person who's perfectly fine with talking on Ventrilo, will regularly read/post on our group's forum, and also that you have at least a general idea of how D&D 4th edition works.
If you're interested, just post to this thread with a two or more classes you are interested in as well as your real life first name.

Thanks,
Will

MikeParham
February 8th, 2010, 11:20
Good morning Will,

I am interested in your campaign and would like to know more about it. I currently play in a 4th Ed campaign of FG being run by ExNusquam, where I play a hybrid Tempest/Avenger. We use my TS speak server for the game. I also play in a Tuesday eve 3.5 game, and participate both as a DM and player in live sessions on Saturdays.

I am familiar with Ventrilo, located on the East Coast (thus the time shift to 6 eastern would still allow me to spend a few moments with the wife before bedtime), and both my live group and Ex's group have wiki pages for our sessions (our's is here: https://vabchd20teaclub.wikidot.com/ ).

I like to play striker types usually, and favor Tempests and or Avengers, but have been looking over the Druid and Swordmage as well.

Re's, Mike

QuestingWord
February 8th, 2010, 16:41
I would be also interested in joining, I would pick my class based on what the group is already composed of. But, if you press me... I would say that I am perfer to try playing one of the primal power classes... Barbarian, Druid. If that is not possible then I would like to play either a Rogue or Sorcerer.

- thanks, PM me if you want me to come onboard.

P.S. You should know that I have only played one of these classes ever before and that is the Rogue at a low level.

willquestion
February 10th, 2010, 07:16
Just in case anyone is interested. We're a little less than halfway through the first adventure of the series and everyone recently got to level 2. It would be pretty easy to get anyone caught up on what's happened so far.

One other quick thing, I didn't mention it before. But the players and I in our group agreed that we would prefer people who are 20 years old or older.

WarLokk
February 10th, 2010, 20:48
Hey there, I have yet to really play a game on FG (even though I've owned it for years now) and would love to try out 4E ( BIG 3.5 vet). I do own the 4E Players, DM, and Monster Manual 1 on pdf and could pick up some of the others on suggestion also to give the rules a quick re-learning.

Don't know if you have room for a FG & 4E noob but I would love to try it out. CST and 24 years young here :D

QuestingWord
February 10th, 2010, 22:08
I am 36 yrs old. I am still interested... get in touch.

MikeParham
February 10th, 2010, 23:36
52 years young ;)

Looking for a game with plenty of roleplay and the opportunity for great character development and interaction with the environment and society.

KSchade
February 11th, 2010, 09:39
Name: Kurt
Characters: Defender, Striker, have a Hybrid Fighter|Avenger who's looking for a game.
Have Vent, will travel.
95% of all 4e sourcebooks as .mods
Have DDI account, will scrape.
Time: GMT - 5

TheMadHatter
February 11th, 2010, 23:34
Name: Steve
Character: I player Leader, Controller types. Prefer Human Invoker

Getting to know my play type.

I'm not a hardcore gamer, but I like the campaign to move forward. I like working together with other players to overcome obstacles. Roleplaying through an encounter can be as fun as fighting it.

willquestion
February 12th, 2010, 06:08
Hey Guys,
Thanks for the responses. The spot hasn't been filled yet and the players in our group are keeping up with this thread as well because they have a say in who's joining us. So any extra bit of personal information about you would help. If you want to message me anything let me know and I can post it in our groups forum for the players to read. Also I'm looking at meeting with people interested online via a messenger program like Yahoo, Skype, Ventrilo, or whatever else. If anyone else can show up to meet you then they will. We hope to have a player up and ready to role for this coming Monday.
If anyone has any question about our group like playing style or whatever, just post it on this thread and I'll respond to it.

Cheers,
Will

KSchade
February 12th, 2010, 10:12
Hey Will,
Sent you a PM with the requested details. Feel free to share. I'll be sending a second one shortly with contact info. Hope to hear from you soon.

KSchade
February 13th, 2010, 19:54
Hey there folks. Sent some things to Will, hopefully he got everything up on Obsidian. Let me know what you guys think.

kdietri
February 15th, 2010, 01:51
My name's Kris, i'd love to join.

I have been playing via FGII for about a year now. I have experience using Skype and Ventrillo.

I just really enjoy playing so I'm more than happy playing what ever role is needed by the group.

I'd like more than anything to get into a long term campaign.

Kris

Carl943
February 15th, 2010, 16:30
If you would by chance still be looking I'd love join you guys.
I have experience of 3.0/3.5 not alot with 4.0 yet.

I have a good knowledge background from earlier sources of
DnD stuffz and fluffz.

My name is Carl
I'm 18 and pretty mature
I have vent and skype

I play basic classes and occasionally get into some prestige stuff, but nothing crazy. I try to keep classes fair and balanced. (Races too)

Many Thanks
Carl

KSchade
February 15th, 2010, 16:34
-removed, thought this post had gone to a different thread.-

azbo
February 16th, 2010, 21:19
I'm an experienced FG2 4e player who has DM'd a campaign and played in 4-5 4e campaigns on FG. I'm over 30 so I think I meet the age requirements and I'm very open to any class/role. My preferences would probably be controller, striker, leader, defender but I'll definitely adapt to the existing party composition and make a character to fit the needs of the group. I'm very team oriented and diligent about keeping really good notes (one of the problems with FG is maintaining story line continuity). It's sometimes hard for all players in a non face to face environment to stay focused, especially if they miss a session and thus have a two week gap in their real time memory. In my experience, keeping good notes is a really important asset in helping move the sessions along. It gets kind of hard on the DM if the party repeatedly goes silent on vent and no one really knows who should be talking or what the party should be focusing on.

I've not played in the scales of war campaign, so hopefully that's a benefit. I also work from home so barring issues with the significant other I have a really flexible schedule.

thanks,
Brian

willquestion
February 18th, 2010, 06:14
Hey Guys,
Thanks for the all the replies. The group has picked the player. Thanks again for applying.
~Will