PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds v3 Ruleset

Kalan
February 8th, 2010, 10:14
Good afternoon all!

Does anyone have a quick overview/how to on the v3 Savage Worlds ruleset? Its been ages since I used Savage Worlds for FG (I more or got out of FG right before the v3 release), so I'm not sure what all has gotten in since I used the v2 Savage Worlds...

Any help you guru's can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks all!

Stuart
February 9th, 2010, 15:41
Welcome back Vince ! Umm ... cannot help you there bud as I've been out of the loop too ... new hobby as well:

SoSkAn (https://www.soskan.co.uk/17th-virginia-infantry.html)

Grown up yet? Hell no!

Kalan
February 9th, 2010, 15:44
Welcome back Vince ! Umm ... cannot help you there bud as I've been out of the loop too ... new hobby as well:

SoSkAn (https://www.soskan.co.uk/17th-virginia-infantry.html)

Grown up yet? Hell no!

LOL - well...I'm still in the same hobby, just been more heavily involved with our local gaming club :)

That and the devil that is work has been evil of late...well...the past year...but anyways...

It IS good to be back :D

So you're not running RM then huh? :D

Stuart
February 9th, 2010, 16:04
My firewall/Vista/router have absolutely defeated me re hosting a game. As soon as I replace the router and move to a desktop ... RMC :D

Solomon Kane film released this month in the UK I believe ... now, if anyone was thinking of running a game .... ;)

Kalan
February 9th, 2010, 16:07
My firewall/Vista/router have absolutely defeated me re hosting a game. As soon as I replace the router and move to a desktop ... RMC :D

Solomon Kane film released this month in the UK I believe ... now, if anyone was thinking of running a game .... ;)

LOL

Well...lemme run it by Sandeman - I know he was lookin for a Sunday morning his time game (which would put it in our early afternoon)...

I had my heart set on some Savage Fantasy - but I may be persuaded to run some Solomon Kane instead at some point...

Stuart
February 9th, 2010, 16:36
Heck, I'll play any Savage setting; very impressed with the Hellfrost setting - Shaintar still very very good but lack of support material. :(

Kalan
February 9th, 2010, 18:16
Heck, I'll play any Savage setting; very impressed with the Hellfrost setting - Shaintar still very very good but lack of support material. :(

Well the prob with Shaintar is that there is a lot of support material - you just gotta know where to look. Now that the author has moved to Reality Bytes with Shaintar, I suspect you'll see a LOT more support (as of now, I think we have around 200pgs of world book material).

I could run Shaintar, though I'm not 100% sure if the modules work proper in the v3 ruleset :( Heck I dunno if any of my old SW reference modules work (they seem to open fine, but I dunno if they'll break anything with the new coding...as all the modules I have are from when I was working with you lot) :D

Doswelk
February 9th, 2010, 23:06
Good afternoon all!

Does anyone have a quick overview/how to on the v3 Savage Worlds ruleset? Its been ages since I used Savage Worlds for FG (I more or got out of FG right before the v3 release), so I'm not sure what all has gotten in since I used the v2 Savage Worlds...

Any help you guru's can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks all!

You know there's always a "seat" for you on my games (which I have just finished running tonight!)

I'm around (not sure what time on Thursday if you want to try then)

Kalan
February 10th, 2010, 05:38
Hmmm...I may actually be free Thursday this week so I may take you up on that mate. Will 19.00 your time be too early for a quick run through on Thursday?

I'd love to sit in on your Tuesday game bud - but its just a smidge too late in the eve for me here considerin the silly times I gotta be up in the mornings :S

Doswelk
February 10th, 2010, 11:53
Thursday at 7pm would usually not be a problem but of course this week I might be later...

I'm supposed to be playing my first game of squash (in 15+ years) at 17:30 pm so say finish that at 18:30 ish home by 19:30ish.. Start at 20:00 ?

I'll fire up GMail/Skype as soon as I get there...

Stuart your more than welcome to join us!

If there is a change of plan (like booking problems like last week I'll let you know and 19:00 should be fine!)

Kalan
February 10th, 2010, 12:14
Thursday at 7pm would usually not be a problem but of course this week I might be later...

I'm supposed to be playing my first game of squash (in 15+ years) at 17:30 pm so say finish that at 18:30 ish home by 19:30ish.. Start at 20:00 ?

I'll fire up GMail/Skype as soon as I get there...

Stuart your more than welcome to join us!

If there is a change of plan (like booking problems like last week I'll let you know and 19:00 should be fine!)

That puts it 21.00 for me - which may be a bit of an issue :S But I'll sweet talk da boss lady and let ya know :)

Doswelk
February 10th, 2010, 14:15
That puts it 21.00 for me - which may be a bit of an issue :S But I'll sweet talk da boss lady and let ya know :)

It may be earlier (by about 30 mins)...

Doswelk
February 11th, 2010, 00:25
Right I have put 5 pregens for Thursday... here's the url to view all 5:

https://homepage.ntlworld.com/kevin.doswell2/

You two can decide who plays what...

(note the burgler should have a firearm).

Also if anyone else wants to join us let me know....

Kalan
February 11th, 2010, 05:41
Right I have put 5 pregens for Thursday... here's the url to view all 5:

https://homepage.ntlworld.com/kevin.doswell2/

You two can decide who plays what...

(note the burgler should have a firearm).

Also if anyone else wants to join us let me know....

I really wasn't expectin to play a whole lot mate - at most startin when we are I can go for an hour or so (it bein a school night an all ;) ) Especially with needin to d/l the ruleset :D

Doswelk
February 11th, 2010, 07:44
Oh I know...

Just thought we'd have some tests...

It's just a one-off I going to run (at some point)

I'll upload the cache file to the same url to speed up connection...

Done DarkMatter.zip

Kalan
February 11th, 2010, 07:58
Oh I know...

Just thought we'd have some tests...

It's just a one-off I going to run (at some point)

I'll upload the cache file to the same url to speed up connection...

Done DarkMatter.zip

Sounds like a plan mate :) See you then :D

Kalan
February 11th, 2010, 17:42
Ok stupid question of the day...

Where do you put the cache? ;)

Kalan
February 11th, 2010, 18:18
Ok stupid question of the day...

Where do you put the cache? ;)

Nvm...founded it ;)

Doswelk