PDA

View Full Version : new player looking for 3.5 fantasy

dbaet
February 8th, 2010, 10:01
Hi all, I am new to FG. I have some experience with 3.5 through play by post. I don't have any characters ready but I am willing to make any human (maybe elf) with any class and level (prefer low level though, as I am not so experienced). I don't have any books except monster manuals and forgotten realms campaign book. I live in Europe, GMT+1. I am never free on wednesday evening, tuesday and thursday morning and afternoon. Other times it depends. Please message me or reply here. Thanks!

Daeghrefn
February 16th, 2010, 00:51
I'm not sure if you're still looking, but I have a game that needs a couple of players.

D&D 3.5, Pirates theme, Monday and/or Wednesday 7-10pm EST (UTC -5).

PM me if you're interested, or pop into the game @ dravidia.homeip.net

I have an ultimate license if you don't have your own.

dbaet
February 16th, 2010, 09:41
Thanks for the invitation. I am indeed still looking because you are the first to reply. Unfortunately 7-10pm EST would be 1-3am (GMT+1) where I live, so this is really not possible for me :cry: If you could change the hour, I would love to join. Mondays I have lots of time and Wednesday too except for my evening. Other days would be possible as well (Tuesday most difficult).

I am starting to consider to try and learn D&D 4.0, to increase my chances at finding a game. I was wondering if I could learn enough to be able to play a simple character without having to buy books hehe. For example there's this site https://dnd4.com/phb with some preview version of the phb with a lot of stuff. Would that be enough to be able to participate as a player, without slowing down the game too much with all my questions and mistakes?

WarLokk
February 16th, 2010, 22:27
I'm kind of in the same boat. I am just jumping on the FG wagon and really have no exposure to 4E. I have played a ton of 2nd and 3.5 though. If you find a good teacher let me know :D