PDA

View Full Version : Basic Roleplaying (BRP) for Fantasy Grounds II

Foen
February 6th, 2010, 21:41
I have been working on the ruleset documentation and I thought it also works quite well as an overview of the ruleset.

I've finished the first of three sections (the players' guide) and attach it below. The remaining two sections are a GM's guide and a section on adapting the ruleset to work with your own BRP campaign.

Cheers

Foen

Foen
February 7th, 2010, 09:14
The Gamemaster's Guide is now finished, and this gives a bit of a better oversight into the capabilities of this ruleset, including the treatment of hit locations.

Foen

peterb
February 7th, 2010, 10:57
On page 21 in the GM manual you say:
Finally, the wounds field is only editable if the hit location option is disabled. With hit locations
enabled, wounds are recorded for each of the individual locations.

How would I handle general HP damage (e.g. from drowning) when using hit locations? I guess PC's could use the wound field on the character sheet. But how would I do it for NPC? I fear we will need to be able to edit the wounds field even when hit locations are enabled.

Foen
February 7th, 2010, 18:22
Good point! I'll decouple the wounds field from the hit locations, although that will mean that folks will have to remember to apply damage both to the individual locations and to the total wounds (currently the total is automatically updated).

Cheers

Stuart

Invain63
February 8th, 2010, 03:42
Have I mentioned lately that I think you are a god, Foen? The ruleset looks awesome, and I wish every ruleset had manuals like the ones you are developing. Thanks for all of your hard work!

-Kevin McD

Foen
February 8th, 2010, 05:05
:D

Thanks Kevin, I have to amit that this one is a labour of love.

Stuart

Foen
February 8th, 2010, 18:30
The final instalment in the User Guide is attached below, giving details on how to modify the ruleset to work with different BRP genres and options.

I'll separately post the full User Guide (including a correction to the way wounds operate).

Cheers

Foen

SpaceCommander Zax
February 8th, 2010, 18:56
Sounds really interesting. I'm using the COC ruleset right now to run BRP rules games. Where can I get the BRP ruleset?

SCZ

Foen
February 8th, 2010, 18:58
It hasn't yet been released yet, hence I'm still writing the manuals, but it shouldn't be too long now. It will be published by SmiteWorks and be available from this web site.

Cheers

Foen

SpaceCommander Zax
February 8th, 2010, 19:02
Great! Thanks - looking forward to it's arrival.
SCZ

Foen
February 8th, 2010, 19:38
This is the revised version, including all three sections and some corrections.

It is uploaded as a ZIP file because I couldn't upload it as a straight PDF. Sorry :(

Foen

Kalan
February 8th, 2010, 19:57
Nice mate!! Lookin forward to this! Might just have a crack at using it to run the old Chaosium version of Hawkmoon! :D

Invain63
February 8th, 2010, 20:08
Thanks for including the modification section of the manual! It is very informative and clearly written. This really goes the extra mile to help users get the most from the ruleset.

-Kevin McD

peterb
February 9th, 2010, 11:00
Where are you now in the development process? Is there an ETA?

Foen
February 9th, 2010, 21:53
We are at the tail end of the process, but this is where timescales get really tricky. Mainstream development work is complete, and all the functional build is finished, so you might think we are nearly home and dry.

But...

Firstly, playtesting can throw up bugs or product problems, and if they haven't been found until this stage they are likely to be difficult to find and fix. Secondly this is where the license holder is given the first real look at the product (it isn't usually fruitful to talk about the vapourware which precedes this stage) and hence there is a degree of uncertainty about how it will fit in with expectations, branding, product-positioning etc.

When we are twelve months out from completion, it is relatively easy to say 'about twelve months', but when we are within spitting distance the ability to estimate goes out of the window.

Sorry for an answer you might not have wanted, but it really could be anything from four weeks to four months.

Foen

Bleddyn
June 23rd, 2010, 09:02
Awesome thanx