PDA

View Full Version : Eberron 4E - Echoes of the Last War

Kalan
February 4th, 2010, 08:05
Good morning all!

I am looking to start a new 4E campaign in the near future (I'm eyeing somewhere around Feb 18-21). This will likely be a bi-weekly campaign.

If we play during the week (I'm available Thursday and Friday evenings), we would start after 18:00 CEST (I live in Copenhagen, Denmark), if it is on Weekends, anytime after 13:00 CEST works for me. This is all pending Wife approval ;)

Premise of the campaign is:

You find yourselves wondering what possessed you to join as guards on this simple caravan run between Zilargo and Darguun. Feeling the heavy weight of your coin purse on your belt though, you remember all too well the reasons behind it. You begin to think to yourselves, that this milk run would be all too easy...

If you're interested, please post below :)

Thudar
February 4th, 2010, 17:20
I'm interested in a Thursday game, but not sure what that time would be here in USA central zone. Is it starting off 1st lvl?

Kalan
February 4th, 2010, 17:35
I'm interested in a Thursday game, but not sure what that time would be here in USA central zone. Is it starting off 1st lvl?

Central US time puts you about 7hrs behind me if I recall right...could be totally wrong...

Start Time on Thursday/Fridays (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=18&month=2&year=2010&hour=18&min=0&sec=0&p1=69)

And yes - 1st level...just need to get some modules for the ruleset together :)

Karver
February 4th, 2010, 19:59
I'd like to join but I have literally zero DnD experience. I'm trying to find a first game.

I don't want to drag you down if you were planning to have an experienced campaign or something :)

Kalan
February 4th, 2010, 20:05
I'd like to join but I have literally zero DnD experience. I'm trying to find a first game.

I don't want to drag you down if you were planning to have an experienced campaign or something :)

LOL - no worries, as I've been out of FG for a LONG time now, it'll take me some time to get back into things :)

And don't worry about having no experience, I'm just looking to have fun :)

Karver
February 4th, 2010, 20:09
Then sign me up as one of the interested :) I'm GMT so I'm not that far behind you, so I should be find with those times :)

... now I have some research to do before the start date :)

Kalan
February 5th, 2010, 05:35
Then sign me up as one of the interested :) I'm GMT so I'm not that far behind you, so I should be find with those times :)

... now I have some research to do before the start date :)

You got plenty of time, as I still need to learn the ruleset :D Looks like the 4e ruleset has a lot of toys in it that I gotta get myself up to speed on...

Kalan
February 5th, 2010, 13:19
I still have some room for a few more players (I'd ideally like at least five in total).

Times would be as follows:

Thursday and Friday Evenings (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=18&month=2&year=2010&hour=18&min=0&sec=0&p1=69)

Saturday and Sunday Afternoons (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=20&month=2&year=2010&hour=13&min=0&sec=0&p1=69)

These are suggested start times/earliest I can start on those dates. The longest I can play on the weekdays is for four hours, whereas Saturday and Sunday can go a little longer...

Hope to hear from a few more :)

spacht
February 7th, 2010, 23:24
A 4E campaign at GMT times is just what i've been waiting for so I'd very much like to join up for this.

I have some roleplaying experience but i'm new to FG and rp'ing over the internet in general. This would also be my first 4E game although i am familiar with the rules and the Eberron gameworld.

Kalan
February 8th, 2010, 05:32
So that gives us two confirmed, and one possible. While I don't mind running a 4e game for just two players, I'd like at least one more confirmed (just helps round things out a little more).

Any other takers who can join in on a 4e GMT(ish) timezone game?

savevsdeath
February 11th, 2010, 01:21
I might be interested in Saturday and/or Sunday afternoons. Either would work for me, though i have to put in a disclaimer: Im in the U.S. military so ever so often i may be unavailable for long stretches of time. March 1-12 for example i'll be without internet. Other than that im an experienced D&D player, i love 4E, and i've used FG a few times on the player side.

QuestingWord
February 11th, 2010, 02:09
I am also interested and can participate in any time or day. I am familair with 4e and Eberron. 36 yrs old.

Kalan
February 11th, 2010, 05:39
Okie then :)

How would Friday Feb 19, 2010 @ 19:00 Copenhagen Time (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=19&month=2&year=2010&hour=19&min=0&sec=0&p1=69) work for you guys as our char gen session? This can be moved up one hour to 20.00 my time, but I don''t want to start any earlier for fear of my boss at work screwing up my Friday plans (which happens fairly often)...

KSchade
February 11th, 2010, 09:09
I'm game. Have a Warforged Hybrid Fighter|Avenger I'm dying to try out. Time is GMT -5, so no problems with the hours. Would prefer a Thursday game. Have Vent, will travel. Would prefer a game starting at above 1st level, though. Have pretty much all of the published sourcebooks as .mods, too.

Kalan
February 11th, 2010, 09:13
I'm game. Have a Warforged Hybrid Fighter|Avenger I'm dying to try out. Time is GMT -5, so no problems with the hours. Would prefer a Thursday game. Have Vent, will travel. Would prefer a game starting at above 1st level, though. Have pretty much all of the published sourcebooks as .mods, too.

I'd love to do a Thursday game, but work right now is not conducive to plans during the week. Even Fridays is stretching it a little bit...

KSchade
February 11th, 2010, 09:16
Sadly unable, then, as scheduling only allows for either a Thursday or Monday.

lokibee
February 11th, 2010, 14:28
would like to play anytime if you still need someone

Kalan
February 11th, 2010, 14:40
No problem :)

Over the course of the next couple of days I'll be posting information in relation to the campaign once I've had a little more time to sort things out.

spacht
February 11th, 2010, 19:01
Feb 19, 19:00 sounds fine to me.

As i'm new to this i don't know if it's better to post some character ideas beforehand or to work it out as a group, but my first idea was to play an Eladrin Wizard. But i can be flexible in case someone wants to play something very similar.

One thing i wanted to ask is if voicechat is a requirement.

Kalan
February 11th, 2010, 20:01
Feb 19, 19:00 sounds fine to me.

As i'm new to this i don't know if it's better to post some character ideas beforehand or to work it out as a group, but my first idea was to play an Eladrin Wizard. But i can be flexible in case someone wants to play something very similar.

One thing i wanted to ask is if voicechat is a requirement.

I think if we try to do things in game and decide it will serve a couple of purposes:

1) Get to know each other before hand
2) Plan the group a little more

And no - voicechat is not required (nor do I use it).

TheMadHatter
February 11th, 2010, 23:46
This set up might work for me. I play Invokers.

lokibee
February 12th, 2010, 04:58
been playing with char builder i'm liking the looks of razerclaw shifter druid :p

TBA
February 12th, 2010, 13:19
Are you still looking for players?

I'm UK based, looking for an online game, Weeknights from 19:00 GMT is great for me, I get married in a couple of weeks, so its going to be around the 10th March before I can start.

I'm a 3.5 veteran, new to FG2 and 4ed, have the basic 4ed books, and willing to give anything a bash...

Kalan
February 12th, 2010, 13:25
Are you still looking for players?

I'm UK based, looking for an online game, Weeknights from 19:00 GMT is great for me, I get married in a couple of weeks, so its going to be around the 10th March before I can start.

I'm a 3.5 veteran, new to FG2 and 4ed, have the basic 4ed books, and willing to give anything a bash...

I think you're the last one mate :)

If you can make it to next weeks hookup/char gen session that'd be great, otherwise waiting til Mar 10ish should be fine for the "firm" start date.

I'm hoping to run this bi-weekly on Friday nights from around 19.00ish GMT til around 22.30-23ish GMT...

I'm in the process of putting up a wiki to support this (and my other campaigns), so expect more info between now and next Friday.

Cheers! (And grats!)

TBA
February 12th, 2010, 13:41
Thats great to hear... I 'should' be able to make next week (pending my girl suprising me with another organisational meeting). I'll confirm asap!

Better go swat up on 4E and FGII! :)

Karver
February 12th, 2010, 15:00
Oh yes! I've been reading for a while, but forgot to mention that I'm available for that character session. Looking forward to it now :)

TBA
February 14th, 2010, 20:42
I'm told that I'm good for Fridays meet up, not sure if I'll be on time (if its starting at 18:00 GMT, but I should be by 19:00.

Have been rereading the 4e PHB, looking forward to it!

Kalan
February 15th, 2010, 08:50
Okie - so I have the following people expressing interest in the campaign:

Karver
Spacht
Savevsdeath
Questingword
lokibee
TheMadHatter
TBA

Now this is slightly more than I had planned on :S

Based on posts, those who have confirmed are:

Karver
lokibee
Spacht
TBA
TheMadHatter

I'm going to ask that everyone who wants to join in please confirm by replying to this thread asap. Our char-gen session will be Friday Feb 19, 2010 at 20:00 Copenhagen time (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=19&month=2&year=2010&hour=20&min=0&sec=0&p1=69).

I'm only confident enough to run a game for five players unfortunately, I didn't think I would have so much feedback in such a relatively short time!

Thanks all!

Karver
February 15th, 2010, 09:36
I'm in. Looking forward to it :).

Of course, I'm the newbie, so I dont' mind stepping out if someone's desparate to play :)

lokibee
February 15th, 2010, 09:41
lol Kalan you just have cha

TBA
February 15th, 2010, 13:51
Great, I'm in for Friday, I'm new to 4e and FG too, so I guess me and Karver will learn together ;)

spacht
February 15th, 2010, 13:58
I'm in, too, the third newbie eager to learn.

Kalan
February 15th, 2010, 15:54
I'm in, too, the third newbie eager to learn.

When it comes to the FGII 4ed ruleset - I'm a newbie too, so we're in for some fun ;)

Though I'm NOT new to running in FGII...just never run 4ed before ;)

TheMadHatter
February 15th, 2010, 16:17
I have the utmost confidence in you. Confirming for friday.

Kalan
February 18th, 2010, 09:55
Hey again guys :)

The wiki (https://gaming.kalanskorner.com) is now up and running more or less. While there isn't anything in relation to this campaign as yet, feel free to browse the other areas of the wiki to see what else is going on in my gaming life ;)

Also - there are forums there where there has been some good discussions so far with regards to the characters, so please have a visit :)

I will be posting connection info later tonight, early tomorrow on the wiki, so keep an eye out there :)