PDA

View Full Version : Mongoose Traveller Ruleset vs Extension

follmern
February 2nd, 2010, 04:28
I'm new to this forum and software, but I can say upfront that what I've seen so far is impressive. I've been playing with the software for a couple of days and I can see huge potental due to the fact that I currently play D&D 3.5 and MGT remotely using ooVoo, video chat software, with a friend in the D.C. area...I live in Florida. This software has the potential of adding an aspect to our games that have been missing for several years - interactive maps and effecient combat traking. This aside, I was trying to figure out if there is a ruleset for MGT as opposed to just the extension? The extension pack does not have the personalities or items icons down the left side. I think this limits its use. If anyone can point me to a ruleset, I've checked the Wiki, or a work around to this it would be greatly appreciated. BTW... I use CC3 for my maps and they really turn out nice for use with FG2.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Nick

Valarian
February 2nd, 2010, 04:56
There isn't a full ruleset for the MGT version of Traveller. I had started on expanding the extension in to a full ruleset, but unfortunately I've had to give this up due to work pressures. The extension is usable for a game, I've used it myself. You just keep a piece of paper next to you for tracking the NPCs and combat rather than using FGII. Not ideal, but workable.

follmern
February 3rd, 2010, 02:10
Thanks for the info. I guess I might be able to use the classic traveller ruleset and just shoe-horn the MGT into it. It's not that far off.

Nick