PDA

View Full Version : New License Question

fildrin
January 30th, 2010, 22:42
Ok, so i just ordered this and rant he installer from the download. Now, when I go and look through the fantasy Ground II folder I has no folders in it at all. No rulesets, images, token, personalities, etc. The it has ruleset 3.5 just out in the open. Now, I thought it said full licenses come with tokens, maps, etc. How do I go about downloading them if they did not come with the download I got in the email? Also, I downloaded Ad&d and 4E but they have their own folders and the game is recognizing them as rulesets. Do I need to make all these folders myself or should it come premade and I got sent the wrong thing?

fildrin
January 30th, 2010, 23:45
I found where the "hidden" application data, gratz vista, but I came with no tokens, images, etc. Was I just crazy that we were to be given these or do i need to download them from someplace?

ddavison
January 31st, 2010, 00:57
You can get a lot of these for free at www.fouruglymonsters.com or you can buy commercial product packages on this site or through RPGNow that are compatible with Fantasy Grounds. You can also create your own tokens or use images from the web or other sources.

Valarian
January 31st, 2010, 08:36
There's also the Community Wiki (https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/Category:Rulesets), accessible from the downloads page.

FGII comes with the D&D 3.5 ruleset. There are a number of others available as either commercial or community offerings. You have to load these in to FGII by placing them in to your rulesets folder. Likewise, there are a few generic tokens offered but you can add more by placing images in to your tokens folder.

The Four Ugly Monsters website linked above is a good place for tokens. Devin Night's top down fantasy tokens are great.