PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Fantasy 2nd Ed: Looking for Players

Emorainbow
January 30th, 2010, 01:18
Hi, I'm looking for 4-5 players interested in a Warhammer Fantasy 2nd Edition Campaign.

My plan is to run the introduction adventure from the Rulebook and than the adventure modules which it rolls into. After that if there's interest we'd keep going with custom adventures.

Game Type:
This will be a game intended for fun above all. Warhammer is a very random system and half the fun is random crits/fumbles, Magic Mishaps and consequences of a badly botched Skill Test. There will be plenty of roleplaying opportunities but think of it as a casual game with friends over a very serious 100% in character game.

Do not get attached to your character. Warhammer Characters die all the time and it's not to big of a deal. It's more important to go out in a memorable way and keep the fun going.

Rules:
Standard 2nd Ed rules, with most of the "advanced" options like expanded combat moves. No encumbrance, common sense prevails there. Magic is allowed and encouraged.

Characters:
Characters will be of your own making, or I'd be happy to make one for you if you like something a bit more random. Please generate your career randomly, you may choose your race. No Elves, personal hatred. :]

Availability:
I'm shooting for Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Fridays would need to be in the afternoon or early evening, Sat/Sun are good anytime.

If you're new to Warhammer Roleplay this would be a great game to learn in and can provide good fun even if you know the game.

Contact me at [email protected] if you're interested/want more information, or of course post here. Thanks for reading!

mekage
January 31st, 2010, 03:12
I would be very interested in playing. Just let me know where and when.

Emorainbow
January 31st, 2010, 03:22
Awesome, have 3 people so far. 4 would be fine, I'm already putting the maps and such together.

mdavis15
February 1st, 2010, 02:05
I'm not very familiar with the system, as I've done nothing beyond reading the books before. I should be available most of those days around the necessary times, except for Sundays after 6pm.

Emorainbow
February 1st, 2010, 02:08
Excellent. I'll get in touch with everyone later in the week, depending on how my work/school goes we'll play this week or next if people are available.

I wouldn't mind one more player if anyone wants to join. Thanks for the replies guys.

mekage
February 1st, 2010, 02:32
I am good for most days but Saturday which I have another game on. Other than that pretty open.

IAJTrooper
February 1st, 2010, 18:14
Assuming you still have room, I would be highly interested in joining. I have no experience with Warhammer, but I've downloaded the second edition books. I'm free all days after 6 PM EST except Monday.

Emorainbow
February 1st, 2010, 20:16
We have room, that makes 5 unless anyone has to back out. I'll send out a PM in a bit to find a common time everyone can play.

Sillius
February 3rd, 2010, 01:08
If anyone backs out or you have room, let me know. I am very experienced with Warhammer frp and am kicking myself for not checking this board more often now.

Sillius
February 17th, 2010, 22:42
So. Has anybody heard what happened?