PDA

View Full Version : One of the Ancients return ;)

Kalan
January 27th, 2010, 08:49
Hey gang! Its great to see FG not only alive and kicking - but actually progressing :D

Now i've been out of the loop for some time now...been busy with real life and all that...so I have a couple of questions:

1) Does FG run on some of the Netbooks that are out there? I have an Asus eeePC if that helps...

2) Anyone out there wanting to try out the new Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space RPG? Failing that - anyone in europe (or those in North America) who wants to maybe give a 4E Eberron game a run? (Pending wife approval of course)...

3) What improvements have been made in the last...oh...year or so I need to be aware of? I am thinking of possibly resurrecting a Savage Worlds Shaintar game...but kinda need to know what kind of work I have ahead of me to make things run smooth ;)

I think that's about it right now :) More than a couple of questions...but hey - been away a while ya know :D

Cheers all!

Da Vinny

Valarian
January 27th, 2010, 11:02
1) It's still got the minimum 1024x768 resolution restriction, but it runs fine on my netbook (Acer One). I think that has a higher resolution than the Asus eeePC though. Check the height on the screen.

2) Sounds interesting but I'm committed enough as it is at the moment.

3) There's a Savage Worlds v3 update to the ruleset. Not used it in a game yet, but it looks really good.

joshuha
January 27th, 2010, 11:59
Welcome back bud. If you do start up a game let me know when (and what timezone) and I will see if I can make it.

kalmarjan
January 27th, 2010, 13:58
Same vinnie. I could be persuaded

Kalan
January 27th, 2010, 14:02
I just need to track down a copy of the 4E ruleset then and start planning something...or whatever we decide...once I get the hang of things again :D

In order to accomodate silly time zone differences, it'll likely be on the weekends at some point (mid evening for me, mid-afternoon (I think) for most of you...)

But we'll see...still need wife approval ;)

Valarian
January 27th, 2010, 17:25
As will I ... very tempting though :D
I don't know much about the game. I presume not everyone is a time lord :)

Griogre
January 27th, 2010, 23:11
Welcome back Vince. :)

Doswelk
January 27th, 2010, 23:53
Anyone out there wanting to try out the new Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space RPG? Failing that - anyone in europe (or those in North America) who wants to maybe give a 4E Eberron game a run? (Pending wife approval of course)...

HELLO!

Nice to "see" a friendly face (not that the others round here are not friendly!)

I've just bought that and looking forward to running at out next quarterly face-to-face game (we play Savage Worlds via FGII weekly!)

Foen
January 28th, 2010, 06:21
Good to see you again Vince!

Kalan
January 28th, 2010, 08:09
HELLO!

Nice to "see" a friendly face (not that the others round here are not friendly!)

I've just bought that and looking forward to running at out next quarterly face-to-face game (we play Savage Worlds via FGII weekly!)

The new Doctor Who game is fantastic. I ran it for a bunch of the Danes down at the club this past weekend, and we had a blast. The rules really give a good "Doctor Who" show - which is nice. We had The Doctor (Tennant's incarnation), K-9, Jack Harkness, and a Unit Soldier. It was a really good time :)

The initiative rules take a bit of getting used to, as do the Story Points, but the mechanics work really well :)

So now i'm working on a campaign idea which takes place after the events of the "End of Time" specials :)

Sigurd
January 28th, 2010, 13:32
Welcome back.

Doswelk
January 28th, 2010, 23:33
The new Doctor Who game is fantastic. I ran it for a bunch of the Danes down at the club this past weekend, and we had a blast. The rules really give a good "Doctor Who" show - which is nice. We had The Doctor (Tennant's incarnation), K-9, Jack Harkness, and a Unit Soldier. It was a really good time :)

I am looking forward to see how the group with the combat is "bad" concept in the rules....

On another note my offer still stands to increase the international members of of RPG group, doing a Hellfrost rules but planescape style campaign at the moment.

Kalan
February 4th, 2010, 17:30
I am looking forward to see how the group with the combat is "bad" concept in the rules....

On another note my offer still stands to increase the international members of of RPG group, doing a Hellfrost rules but planescape style campaign at the moment.

When's yer next session? I think before I dive back in and tackle SW campaigns again I think I'd best get a couple of games back under my belt...you guys did some AMAZING changes to the v3 ruleset! (now I wonder what modules I had from my DA days still work tho....looks like Shaintar is a little iffy :( )

Doswelk
February 4th, 2010, 21:40
Every Tuesday 8pm (UK Time)...

I've been running Noble Deceit FGII module in the new ruleset without issue.

Shaintar now that's an interesting one....

The plan was (and may still be...) that Shaintar would become an extension to the SW V3 ruleset, I cobbled a badly hacked version together as a proof of concept and someone else (I'm afraid if "someone" is reading this, I cannot remember your name!) was working on it further...

The idea was that the Modern skin extension I'd done and some other skins may have been released as well but the Shaintar ruleset would have been sold as modules and a "skin" extension...

Kalan
February 5th, 2010, 05:34
Every Tuesday 8pm (UK Time)...

I've been running Noble Deceit FGII module in the new ruleset without issue.

Shaintar now that's an interesting one....

The plan was (and may still be...) that Shaintar would become an extension to the SW V3 ruleset, I cobbled a badly hacked version together as a proof of concept and someone else (I'm afraid if "someone" is reading this, I cannot remember your name!) was working on it further...

The idea was that the Modern skin extension I'd done and some other skins may have been released as well but the Shaintar ruleset would have been sold as modules and a "skin" extension...

Sounds cool then...not too terribly worried as if I run SW, it'll either be my homebrew fantasy world, or my Urban Fantasy campaign based on my novel I'm working on...

And 8pm UK...its a bit late for me ;) Especially on a tuesday :( wifey would kill me I think :D