PDA

View Full Version : 4E Ruleset v2.0 Coming to Test

Moon Wizard
January 26th, 2010, 23:38
Hello to all the brave souls who like to test the latest and greatest. On Jan. 28, I made the 4E v2.0 ruleset available on the test version of FG. I'd like to let a few of the braver souls have a chance to look through the ruleset to catch any last minute issues before releasing to the general public.

As part of the update, the launcher has been modified to allow you to convert your 4E_JPG campaigns to the recently renamed 4E ruleset with the click of a button on the Load Campaigns screen. However, the conversion is one-way. If you want to change it back, then you will need to modify the campaign.xml file in your campaigns directory manually.

If you need to access the Test Mode Manager tool, information can be found in this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9966).

Here is a link to the release notes (https://fantasygrounds.wikia.com/wiki/4E_Release_Notes_v2.0.0).

Original Test Release - Jan. 26
Latest Test Release - Feb. 2

Cheers,
JPG

Griogre
January 27th, 2010, 23:17
I have a game on Friday so I'd be happy to try it and let you know if we find anything. I've heard good things about the v2.0 and want to thank you for all the hard work.

Kalan
January 28th, 2010, 09:47
While I don't have any games planned atm - once I get my FG updated proper, I'd be willing to have a lookee over it (as I hope to get back into 4E online, and FG in particular).

I'll check out the thread you name above to get more info :)

Moon Wizard
January 28th, 2010, 17:09
The 4E ruleset has been moved to the Test Mode for Fantasy Grounds.

Please report any issues that you find to this thread. Release notes to come.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
January 29th, 2010, 01:47
Moved this thread from publishers forum to test forum where it belongs. v2.0 ruleset release notes are in the works (taking a little more time than I thought to organize).

JPG

Moon Wizard
January 29th, 2010, 08:58
Original post updated with release notes.

Zeus
January 29th, 2010, 09:30
moon_wizard - a couple of minor things I have noticed whilst setting up ahead of my usual Friday night game tonight.

1) The new convert to 4E feature for rulesets doesn't make the conversion permanent until the first time the ruleset is started and then shutdown. Consequently as soon as I convert an older ruleset to the new 4E version, extensions for 4E are not listed but older 4E_JPG extensions are. 4E extensions only appear once you have started the converted campaign and returned to the launcher. Its not a big deal as long as you remember to disable any older extensions, start your campaign once and return to the launcher.

2) The Die Tower icon/panel on the desktop glitches down and to the right when you hover a die over the tower. Seems to be the same in all themes so I suspect the dicetower_drop image is mis-bound/positioned by a couple of pixels.

3) The Notes windowlist tab_title image seems to render at a smaller scale than on the other book windowlists. Looking at the graphic files title_notes.png seems to be much larger than its counterparts (111x661 vs 30x177) not sure what happened there as I thought I had created them all at the same size. I will re-send on a modified notes tab image shortly.

4) Player Name labels under the Portraits on the desktop clip slightly on the lower edge.

Also I had to re-drop PC/NPC's in to the CT (of the newly converted campaign) to refresh entries. I'm guessing some users might also have to? Not sure.

Brenn
January 29th, 2010, 14:47
Loaded it and just goofed a bit. This looks great and the robust effects are a godsend.

I'll actually play it this weekend. Will my players have to do the test mode thing too, since only the ruleset is changing?

tdewitt274
January 29th, 2010, 15:15
In the "Modifiers" window,

When typing in a new "Modifier", the tails on the fonts are cut off. For example, "Flanking" looks more like "Flanko"
Also, If the player has the "Modifier" window open and the GM adds a new Modifier, the blank record is visible. If the GM switches it to "GM" from "VSBL", it still shows in the Player view. However, if you change the value of the modifier, they cannot see the new value until another new item is created, but still visible even in "GM".

In the GM Combat Tracker,

When using the Extended Rest, the monsters don't heal themselves.

The Wounds reflects some odd behavior, not sure if this is expected. After adding enemies through the "Encounter" context, the scrolling through the Wounds (CTRL and Scroll Wheel, not clicking on the Wound cell) works as expected (colors change when you hit the thresholds of bloody and dying, Player tracker is updated onScroll). However, if you go back to the character and click on the Wound cell then scroll again, the colors do not change when you hit the thresholds. You need to click on the Wounds to "register" the colors. Clicking on the cell updates the Player's tracker. Typing the number in works normally.

For "Options",

I had the AutoRoll NPC Initiative set to "On" and moving them from the Encounter context did not roll the Initiative. Moving them individually from the Encounter context did not populate an Initiative either. The "Add NPCs to Combat Tracker" did not populate the Initiative. However, the Group did work correctly in all situations.

If you need screen shots or clarifications, let me know.

I'd also like to say, great work!

Moon Wizard
January 30th, 2010, 02:29
Thanks for the feedback so far.

Zephp, I was able to clean up all the items you noted, though I'm not sure why you had to re-drop the CT entries other than to reset the attacks for NPCs.

tdewitt274,
* Modifier font cutoff. I'm not seeing the fonts getting cut off on my end. Are you using one of the themes? Or can you send me a screenshot?
* Modifier visibility. You caught an interesting bug related to buttons with states and shared windows. I'll need to work a little on this one.
* NPC resting. It's on the wish list for a future version of the ruleset.
* Mouse wheel and wound coloration. Got it.
* Auto-roll NPC initiative set to On, and not working. Got it.

Thanks,
JPG

meathome
January 30th, 2010, 08:36
Hi just tested this. I converted my campaign from 1.5.1 to this version with the launcher. Found some issues:
-very long load time (but i noticed quite a long load time with the previous version too)
-each time i try to roll critical damage (either for a player or npc) fg freezes and quits with a fantasygrounds.exe has stopped working error.
-When entering a new power manually, if i type something into the source field fg freezes with a fantasygrounds.exe has stopped working error.
edit: seems like there is something wrong with my fg/campaign because every time i hold down shift it crashes... i am testing if the issues persist with a new campaign.
When starting a new campaign everything works like a charm.

Moon Wizard
January 30th, 2010, 08:57
Meathome, did you back up your campaign before converting? If so, please send me a PM so that I can get a copy to review.

Cheers,
JPG

tdewitt274
January 30th, 2010, 17:37
* Modifier font cutoff. I'm not seeing the fonts getting cut off on my end. Are you using one of the themes? Or can you send me a screenshot?

Your right, it was a theme. The non-themed works fine. Screenshot of Dungeon attached.
Metal = OK
Wood = Not noticeable, only the very bottom of the "g"
Dungeon = Truncate (possibly making the font size smaller?)
None = OK

Also, as mentioned, it does take a lot of time to load. I was writing it off to my PC being slow (which, well, it's an Atom ;).

Moon Wizard
January 31st, 2010, 20:43
The load times vary considerably, but it seems to be based on how much data you are loading.

If I start a campaign with no modules loaded, then it comes up very quickly. Once I open all of the rulebooks I allow (DMG, PHB, MM, DMG2, PHB2, MM2, AV, AV2), it takes quite a while to load. If you want the game to load faster, you can trim the modules you have open.

Another big data situation is tokens. All of the tokens available are loaded into memory when FG starts. I have a full set of the original Digital Adventures tokens, and I think that affects my load time as well. You should make sure that your shared token directory is very minimal, and should review your host directory. I think the modules contribute to this as well, especially if you have a token linked to every MM entry, which I do.

Regards,
JPG

Ashodin
February 1st, 2010, 05:50
Ok maybe i'm retarded but I can't figure out where to download the test version of this rule set? I'd like to help, I have a game scheduled for tomorrow after noon, and for tuesday night, but I can't seem to find it :P

Moon Wizard
February 1st, 2010, 08:08
Ashodin, remember that this is a test version and that you may encounter problems during the testing, including a few minor bugs that have already been identified. Just a heads up before you dive in with 2 back-to-back game days.

There is a link to a thread about using Test Mode Manager application in the first post of this thread, as well as a link to the release notes for the 4E v2 ruleset.

Regards,
JPG

Ashodin
February 1st, 2010, 15:38
Dually noted, I will probably test this after noons game since it's just two of us, and then if everything seems to run smoothly enough for the way we use it, then I'll play around with it tuesday night.

Ashodin
February 1st, 2010, 15:45
I guess i'll just wait until the final release of the ruleset, for some reason when I click on "test" it switches right back to "releas" oh well.

Eru the One
February 2nd, 2010, 04:16
Thanks so much for the new ruleset! I have run into two small problems that I'm not sure if it's me or the ruleset, but I was able to work around them:

PC sheet:

* On the Main tab of the Mini Sheet for a PC, I was unable to drag the attack die for any of the weapons to the combat tracker/chat window; it just drags the entire Mini Sheet around.

Options:

* "Remove effect on save success" is set to off, but still removing the effect.

That's it so far, thanks again!

Moon Wizard
February 2nd, 2010, 17:36
Eru,

Are you using the Remove Effect on Save Success option set to off?

It seems that I wrote this option out of the code with all the enhancements I did to the saves over the development. I'm considering taking out the option, and just leaving the "on" behavior as the default.

Saving throws apply to effects in this order:
* If save made by auto-save, then use that effect.
* If save dragged from save mod of effect in CT, then use that effect.
* If only one effect has save expiration, apply to that effect.
* Otherwise, just print message.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
February 2nd, 2010, 21:12
I'm going to remove the option for now, and set the default behavior to remove the effect when saving throw is made, if the effect can be determined.

JPG

Eru the One
February 2nd, 2010, 21:40
Sorry for not replying sooner, that sounds good. I've just had problems in the past when people were deciding which save roll for which effect and then have to open up the NPC sheets to reapply the correct effect each time.

Moon Wizard
February 2nd, 2010, 21:52
Just updated the test version of the ruleset with bug fixes.

Added ability to add messages to chatwindow on launch from global script onInit. (for extension messages)
Removed non-working option to "Remove Effect on Save Success".
Notes list graphics issues (title and upper right corner). Fixed.
Dice tower was shifting when hovering over with dice. Fixed.
Mouse scrolling on wounds when field has focus will now update status color visually.
When NPC auto initiative option was set to On, initiative was not being rolled for NPCs added to CT. Fixed.
Dragging attack/damage rolls from PC mini sheet weapons/implements section caused script error. Fixed.
Effect conditions were being applied, even if they occurred after a AFTER/FAIL tag. Fixed.
Parsing of some powers incorrectly created self-targeted effects, when they should not be. Improved.
Icon cyclers on shared windows owned by the host that were created while the client had the window open were not updating on the client. Fixed.
Effect and modifier labels were being cut off in Dungeon/Wood themes. Fixed.
Name and layout of character list portraits on upper left was cutoff and overlapped portrait. Fixed.
Tab order while inputting character sheet powers was wrong. Fixed.

JPG

Moon Wizard
February 3rd, 2010, 02:45
Another quick usability update:

Clicking on character portrait will perform the following actions:

If main character window is open, bring it to the top.
Otherwise, if mini character window is open, bring it to the top.
If neither is open, open the main character window on the top.
If you are running a client, it will activate that character; very useful for players running multiple PCs.

JPG

Atras
February 3rd, 2010, 04:52
Maybe I'm missing it, but is there a way to get the effects from a PC's powers to default to being "On"? So far, whenever any effect is dragged from a PC to anything, it shows me that it is "Off", and I have to manually turn it on.

I'm also not sure if there is a way to get Shaman Spirit Companion bonuses to trigger on proximity... maybe the AURA keyword, but I can't get the syntax correct.

Moon Wizard
February 3rd, 2010, 06:32
That was a small bug introduced with the last update. I just uploaded a new version to address.

JPG

EugeneZ
February 3rd, 2010, 15:53
I'm also not sure if there is a way to get Shaman Spirit Companion bonuses to trigger on proximity... maybe the AURA keyword, but I can't get the syntax correct.

The AURA keyword is just a shortcut for specifying effect duration: the effect will be set to expire at "Start" (of that actor's turn). The same effect can be accomplished by specifying expire to Start manually. I'm guessing the descriptor was added to support Aura-based powers on NPCs more easily.

To my knowledge, there is currently no support for proximity calculations.

meathome
February 4th, 2010, 07:45
Seem like preparation mode suddenly doesn't work anymore.

Zeus
February 4th, 2010, 09:07
Seem like preparation mode suddenly doesn't work anymore.

Yes, it looks like Combat / Standard / Prep mode on the Charsheets are not working as they should.

If I use a daily/encounter power in combat mode, the power remains listed even when its been ticked as used.

Eru the One
February 4th, 2010, 09:22
Full/Mini Sheet:

* Con and Dex switch places between the two sheets

Skills:

* I've been trying to find what triggers this problem, but when I uncheck skills that I don't want on the mini sheet, they will reset and display all skills after switching sheets or closing/opening them. (Very hard to notice what triggers it)

namyra
February 4th, 2010, 17:14
CA and GRANTCA don't seem to have any effect.

When I have an effect that gives "CA", once, until end of turn, drag it onto a creature, and then roll an attack roll with that creature, it doesn't add a +2 bonus, and also doesn't disappear immediately.

The same when I make an effect with "GRANTCA", once, until end of turn and drag it onto my target, then roll an attack roll.

Kalan
February 4th, 2010, 17:18
Just played around a bit with it, and I have to say it looks dang slick...

But...seein as I'm a lazy gus, anyone have any modules/stat stuff done up already? I don't see any (not that I was expecting any mind...), but anything would be a help :S

Tenian
February 4th, 2010, 18:09
CA you drag onto the person making the attack, not onto the target of the attack unless I'm mistaken.

Also sometimes the modifiers show up on the roll line and other times they show up on the hit/miss/damage line.

Griogre
February 5th, 2010, 07:36
I messed around and ran a combat and overall it ran very well. One thing I did find irratating was that when I closed and opened the combat tracker in the middle of a fight the monsters were all set to be invisible again.

Also an old 4E campaign didn't convert. Do you have to remove the old ruleset or do anything else special?

Berova
February 5th, 2010, 08:21
After playing around with 4E Ruleset v2.0 for the first time tonight, we were testing multiple characters.

With 3 character sheets open, I really liked the fact that we can now make a character sheet active by clicking a portrait on the upper left corner. However, I found it really inconvenient when the newly activated character sheets "close" all power details (combat and/or descriptions) on the just activated character sheet.

I assume this happens because the same routine is used to open an unopened character sheet (where all powers start in the "closed" position). It would be great if the ruleset could check if the character sheet is opened for the first time or it is currently already open (and thus just made active or the current character sheet) thereby leaving power statuses as is.

Moon Wizard
February 5th, 2010, 19:06
Another test version update:

Changed behavior of Enter key in power fields. If SHIFT is pressed, then a new power will be added. Otherwise, the default behavior of the stringcontrol will be used.
Double-click on campaign effects will apply effect to current identity (active CT entry on host, active identity on client).
Targeting subsection will open automatically when an NPC becomes active.
Clarified which effects support targets. Individual components will each respect the target field as noted.
Updated shortcut icons
Slight color change in hot key font to improve visibility of shortcut hot keys.
Effect Applied By field was getting cut off. Fixed.
Character sheet power mode button was not working. Fixed.
Shift-clicking on CT entry name was not toggling the target for the active CT entry. Fixed.
Cover and concealment were not being applied in some cases. Fixed.
Order of abilities on minisheet was incorrect. Fixed.
Checkboxes set to checked on new entry creation are incorrectly resetting to on, when window closed and reopened. Fixed.
Apply attribute was being ignored for effect conditions (CA, CONC, Dazed). Fixed.

Moon Wizard
February 5th, 2010, 19:10
BTW, congrats to Eru for being the first to notice the mini sheet ability ordering difference. It must have been that way for 2 years, and he was first to report.

Griogre, I sent you a PM to discuss any conversion issues.

Berova, it's true that the portrait click uses the window open code to bring the character sheet to the top. Since the power detail switches are not stored in the database, they get reset when this happens. To fix this, it would require a non-trivial change. My workaround for now is to use the minisheet which doesn't run into this issue. I've added to the feature request list for FG to add a bringtofront function.

Thanks,
JPG

Griogre
February 5th, 2010, 21:23
When I was looking at the 4E ruleset a bit ago I noticed the New button on the "Notes" book is too low. It should be above the bottom curl like the ones in the Story, Personalities, Encounter books. To see this click on Notes on the right side of the FG desktop and look at the new button.

Moon, I responded to your PM.

Darkfaith
February 8th, 2010, 01:08
Okay, so my group decided to give this a go tonight. Things are going pretty smoothly, but I seem to be getting an error when trying to role to hit in a specific circumstance. What's happening is I'm on an NPC that's been marked by a PC, and any time I try to attack a PC (so far I've only tried the PC that did the marking) using host targeting and rolling to hit through any method, I get 'Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_node.lua"]: 76: attempt to call field 'getChild' (a nil value)". Is this something I'm doing wrong, or a bug?

Other than that, we had a fantastic time with the set. My players and I didn't notice any other bugs during this session. Great work!

Zeus
February 8th, 2010, 01:53
Ah that looks like the problem i had a few nights ago. I have reported it to moon_wizard. I am sure he's working on a fix.

moon_wizard - this looks like the same problem I had with Murkelmor, the NPC character I had problems with the other night. Thinking back my group were also marking using Marked and Hunters Quarry Marked effects.

Darkfaith
February 8th, 2010, 02:01
Ah that looks like the problem i had a few nights ago. I have reported it to moon_wizard. I am sure he's working on a fix.

moon_wizard - this looks like the same problem I had with Murkelmor, the NPC character I had problems with the other night. Thinking back my group were also marking using Marked and Hunters Quarry Marked effects.
I did some messing around, and that is the only effect I've found so far that triggers that error...and only when using the Host targeting.

ShadoWWW
February 9th, 2010, 12:18
When I write down and send characters ě, č or ř (or Ě, Č or Ř), it converts to strange characters (see the attached image).
https://i50.tinypic.com/2rqir61.jpg
Ě, Č and Ř are characters from our Middle-European language (Czech). They are standard characters in charsets Unicode (UTF-8), ISO-8859-1 and ISO-8859-2. Characters Š, Ž, Ý, Á and É are shown correctly.

Nevertheless, the error occures even in FG2 without 4E Ruleset.
Could you correct the fonts, please? I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance.

tdewitt274
February 9th, 2010, 14:28
The problem in both FG and the 4e ruleset is probably because the font was created only with a specific set of characters. As such, I would guess that any ruleset would have a similar problem.

There is a Font tool on the Downloads page (https://fantasygrounds.com/downloads/) (and someone else is working on another version, but I'm not sure where that is) that could resolve your issue, but I believe that covering all font sets would be difficult. If the fonts themselves are publically available, having the Font Name and Size would help in this.

However, if the font itself does not contain these characters, you're back at square two (at least you know the name). You could find a font that is simililar that works with the characters in question.

Moon Wizard
February 9th, 2010, 18:13
Minor update today:

Added bubble on character sheet upper right corner. Sets active identity on client, adds speaking identity on host.
Updated button on character mini sheet to read "FULL" instead of "MINI"
CT order sometimes different on client vs. host. Fixed.
New button on Notes list was too low. Fixed.
Script error when making attack while Marked. Fixed.
Power reference window text overlap in certain situations. Fixed.
Launcher. If convert button pressed without selecting ruleset, then Start button did not function as expected. Fixed.

Cheers,
JPG

Zeus
February 10th, 2010, 00:27
When I write down and send characters ě, č or ř (or Ě, Č or Ř), it converts to strange characters (see the attached image).
Ě, Č and Ř are characters from our Middle-European language (Czech). They are standard characters in charsets Unicode (UTF-8), ISO-8859-1 and ISO-8859-2. Characters Š, Ž, Ý, Á and É are shown correctly.

Could you correct the fonts, please? I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance.

I think they problem maybe down to the fact those characters that are missing for you are part of the Latin Extended A/B character set. The fonts in the 4E ruleset your using are based on the US/English Basic Latin character set which does not include those 3 characters.

I'm not even sure if FGII supports anything other than the Basic Latin character set at the moment as well.

Either way if you grab the FGFont utility you can create and supplement any fonts/characters that you want. You can then either create an extension to override the default 4E ruleset fonts or you can simply edit the ruleset files directly to use your new fonts.

Darkfaith
February 10th, 2010, 02:48
I know that some DMs like to use the portrait tokens, but prefer to have them as 50x50 rather than the default 32x32. Now that 4E has moved into a .pak that the updater auto updates, if you change the files in the .pak you would have to change them every time it updates. So, in case anyone is interested, I've created a little extension to make the portrait tokens 50x50 without having to worry about changing the .pak after an update. If anyone wants it, please let me know and I'll post it up for everyone.

Griogre
February 10th, 2010, 03:35
When I write down and send characters ì, è or ø (or Ì, È or Ø), it converts to strange characters (see the attached image).
Ì, È and Ø are characters from our Middle-European language (Czech). They are standard characters in charsets Unicode (UTF-8), ISO-8859-1 and ISO-8859-2. Characters Š, Ž, Ý, Á and É are shown correctly.

Currently FG only supports ANSI internally, not unicode so all rulesets would have the problem. I do believe unicode support is on the wish list I don't know how high a priority it is.

DNH
February 10th, 2010, 09:22
It may be that I am being naive here and that this is a feature of the test environment but it seems to me that moon_wizard is able to deliver fixes and updates very easily through the updater app. Given that, is there not a case for moving v2.0 of 4E_JPG out of Test and into Release?

Darkfaith
February 10th, 2010, 12:49
It may be that I am being naive here and that this is a feature of the test environment but it seems to me that moon_wizard is able to deliver fixes and updates very easily through the updater app. Given that, is there not a case for moving v2.0 of 4E_JPG out of Test and into Release?
Being that this is an official produce now, the purpose of the test environment is to make sure that the produce is as bug-free as it can possibly be before he releases it to the live environment. When he's satisfied that he's gotten everything he can (which, generally speaking, will probably be everything that's reported here plus anything he finds himself in the meantime) I'm sure he'll release it to the public. I don't think there's much, if anything, in the way of fixes needed though, but I don't know if anyone has reported anything else in PM.

Moon Wizard
February 10th, 2010, 19:00
As Darkfaith mentioned, it boils down to when I feel that the ruleset is ready for prime time. Given that this version of 4E will see a huge increase in distribution, I want to spend a little extra time in testing.

Right now, it seems like the ruleset is settling in nicely. There were a few underlying issues to iron out, with a few more bugs shaken out, which I'm glad that I was able to address before release. Based on the information I'm seeing, it will probably be another week or so before it's ready (barring any major issues).

I want to keep the release version as stable as I can, without having to update the code every couple weeks with fixes.

A big thanks to everyone that has helped test so far!

Cheers,
JPG

Lowlander
February 17th, 2010, 12:39
I am in the process of figuring out what all I can do with the fancy new effects. Quite a few things are still unclear to me and maybe a wiki page with examples dedicated to this might be a good idea when it's released :)

Here is one thing I was wondering about:

The dragon soul feature that a dragon magic sorcerer has lets a power ignore a certain amount of resistance.

"Your arcane powers ignore any target's resistance to that damage type up to the value of your resistance."

Is there any way to do this using the new effects? I tried giving the target both a RESIST: 5 cold and a RESIST: -5 cold but they don't seem to cancel each other out.

Also I saw the RCHG effect in a screenshot on your blog, but it's not noted in the release notes. It could be that it was already in though :)

Moon Wizard
February 17th, 2010, 22:30
There is no capability to bypass or negate resistance with the new effects system. My primary focus was on PHB and MM power effects, and that type of effect was very rarely used.

The RCHG effect was already in the v1.5.1 version of the ruleset.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
February 18th, 2010, 09:09
Minor update. Plan to release this weekend, if no major issues arise.

The viewport (position and zoom) of images will now be remembered between sessions.
If disease information is missing in a library module, then "+0 vs. -" will now be shown instead of a blank attack.
Item powers were being added to Daily power list, instead of Item power list. Fixed.

Cheers,
JPG

Tenian
February 18th, 2010, 11:16
If you're saving map information...it'd be great if remembered that I locked the tokens between sessions.

Moon Wizard
February 18th, 2010, 22:48
You're never satisfied, are you Tenian? ;)

JPG

Tenian
February 19th, 2010, 11:29
Remind me again which one of us decided to rewrite the entire targeting system before releasing 2.0? :)

Oberoten
February 19th, 2010, 12:05
Staaaaay on target!

Emilio
February 20th, 2010, 12:31
Hello FG community,

Have recently update FGII to v 2.6.4, because I wanted to try out the new 4E ruleset, thanks to the genial Moon_wizard.
When I want to start a new campaign with the new 4E ruleset, i get the could not load included file reference.xlm error. Is there a way to fix this ?

Moon Wizard
February 20th, 2010, 17:24
Emilio,

It sounds like you are missing files in your installation.

What version of Fantasy Grounds are you using?
How did you install the 4E ruleset?

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
February 20th, 2010, 18:04
I plan to release the updates to the Live version shortly.
JPG

tdewitt274
February 20th, 2010, 19:50
Say, just wondering, but can a "GM Mini Sheet" be created in a future version? It'd be nice to have a small, compact sheet for the GM.

Possibly tabbed along the right with different sheets. Maybe not in the example image, but something like that.

Moon Wizard
February 20th, 2010, 20:46
That is definitely on the wish list for the ruleset. It will probably be more like a party sheet with the pertinent information.

Cheers,
JPG

tdewitt274
February 21st, 2010, 01:01
I didn't see this before, and I'm probably splitting hairs, but I was messing with the WotC Character utility and saw that Second Wind is a Utility Power.

Also, the "Range" field on the Powers tab, when you click the magnifying glass, does not have a tab stop.

Again, thanks!

Moon Wizard
February 21st, 2010, 02:07
Technically, Second Wind is not a power, and thus does not have any classification as to power type. It seems that Wizards decided to do something similar to what I did which was to choose a location for Second Wind to reside as a power. I just picked a different location.

Thanks for the note on the tabbing bug. It works backwards, but not forwards. I'll add it for the next ruleset patch release.

Thanks,
JPG

tdewitt274
February 21st, 2010, 02:36
Technically, Second Wind is not a power, and thus does not have any classification as to power type. It seems that Wizards decided to do something similar to what I did which was to choose a location for Second Wind to reside as a power. I just picked a different location.

I think the Encounter power makes more sense, that way you don't forget about it sitting in the Utility section.

Scarlett
February 21st, 2010, 05:54
This may have been brought up before, but I didn't see it. When running more than one character, when you click on the portrait and bring the character sheet to the front, all of the powers that you may have had opened are closed as if you just opened up the character sheet. Is there something in the works to change this? or a way to make it not happen like this?

Griogre
February 21st, 2010, 06:26
One of my players reported the same thing, Scarlett. Moon said there isn't anything he can do about it right now because the expand/contract power position is not remembered in the database and probably not worth the effort to add at the moment.

He suggested keeping the mini sheets open for each character so this would not be an issue.

Moon Wizard
February 21st, 2010, 07:06
Yes, it's a byproduct of the fact that there is no bringToFront() function. The only way to get a window to the top is to close and re-open it. I hope to add a bringToFront() function to FG in the near term.

Cheers,
JPG

Scarlett
February 21st, 2010, 07:30
OK thanks guys for the quick answer!

Emilio
February 21st, 2010, 08:04
Hello Moon_wizard
I use version FG 2.6.5 en i try to create a new campaign in the included/packaged 4e ruleset (v.2.0).

Moon Wizard
February 21st, 2010, 18:54
Emilio,

I'm unclear from your message as to whether there is an issue or not.

JPG

demadog
February 21st, 2010, 22:45
First off, let me thank everyone for their work on the new ruleset it looks like its going to be a great addition to FG.

Second, I ran into a strange problem with the desktop space limitations in the new ruleset. I am lucky enough to be running two monitors in 1680x1050 resolution. If I first stretch the window to the size of the screen vertically, then I can only extend it about 75% of the way onto the second monitor. If I first stretch it horizontally across both screens, then I can only extend it vertically to about 75% on both monitors. However, the issue is only present when I run the monitors in "dual view" mode. If I change it to "horizontal span" then I can stretch the window to fill the screen on both monitors without problems, so its a pretty easy work around. Still, the previous ruleset didn't have the limitation and it would be nice to run that way, for me anyhow.

Thanks again,

Al

Moon Wizard
February 21st, 2010, 23:34
Demadog,

What previous ruleset are you referring to?

The 4E ruleset is the same base code as the 4E_JPG ruleset. There have been no changes that I am aware of that would influence how much that you can open the main Fantasy Grounds window.

Thanks,
JPG

demadog
February 22nd, 2010, 00:17
Sorry, must have been something on my end. Good old reboot cleared things up, for whatever reason.

Griogre
February 22nd, 2010, 03:00
Is there a connection between the IMMUNE/RESIST/VULNERABLE on the Character and giving a character elemental resistance? I tried RESIST: 5 fire, ect and it didn't seem to work.

Moon Wizard
February 22nd, 2010, 03:58
No, effects are only applied if they are specifically added to the CT entry.

JPG