PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about Running local game.

xx19kilosoldier
January 25th, 2010, 18:08
Hello all, great app you have here! I just have a couple of questions before I purchase.

Can I run a completly local game with one license? (Have multiple clients running on the same computer at the same time conected localy to play, kind of like a VTT? Or do i have to purchase a license for each character that will be playing?

Thanks again in advance for any help.

Griogre
January 25th, 2010, 18:59
Hmm. The answer is yes. But it is not likely to work very well for you. That's because you would have to share the input devices (keyboard and mouse) and the players will likely see what is on the GM's screen. The real pain will be sharing the same keyboard and mouse.

It would be like playing a game hotseat. Not too bad for a player and GM but getting much worse when you have more than one player. Without knowing exactly what you are doing its hard to give advice, however I suspect you would do better with two licences and two computers - one for the players and one for the GM.

A client can open more than one character so all the players could use one computer hotseat - or more likely have one player run the computer and have everyone else tell the operator what they want their character to do.

I would suggest you try it before you make a decision. Down load the demo and connect two clients to it on the same machine (the demo is limited to two connections). You will need to have different user names for the host and each client.

The demo is limited to d20 unlike the real versions. Run a small fight and see what you think.

xx19kilosoldier
January 25th, 2010, 19:07
Thanks much for the reply. I really like this apllication a lot. I will give a go with your suggestion.

Thanks.