PDA

View Full Version : Gauging Interest in Revenge of the Giants (D&D 4E)...

leozelig
January 21st, 2010, 05:18
Greetings Gamers,

I have been considering DMing the published module Revenge of the Giants and am testing the waters for community interest. I am looking for 4-6 mature players. I have been DMing games on FG since the release of 4E and have been playing D&D for much longer. I am in my mid-30's and play for fun.

My availability is 8:30pm-11:30pm ET (GMT-5), preferably on Sundays. Other nights might be feasible, but this would be a weekly late night game. A solid grasp of 4E rules is necessary, but you don't have to be a rules expert. Players new to FG are welcome. The adventure should take an estimated 6 months to complete (levels 12-18).

Since this is a published module, I want to emphasize a few points about the game experience...

The story arc is fairly linear.
Players seeking an open-ended campaign built around their specific character motivations might find this game a poor fit.

The plot hooks leave much to be desired.
Consider it a viable reason for you to be involved in the adventure, nothing more. Those who maintain high standards for plot hooks might find this aspect of the game largely unsatisfying.

The adventure is combat-heavy.
But it does include some non-combat encounters and a structured plot. A basic character personality or motivation to add flavor is encouraged.

Reply to this thread if you are interested.

Cheers,
Z

Thudar
January 21st, 2010, 06:33
I'd love to play. I think my schedule will work especially if it's a lat night game. I sometimes have to work til 9pm central time.

Todd

leozelig
January 21st, 2010, 13:18
I'd love to play. I think my schedule will work especially if it's a lat night game. I sometimes have to work til 9pm central time.

Todd

Todd,

If you can make it at the regular time most weeks, then I am alright with that. We can discuss which day and time works best for everyone before we start.

The game will probably not start for a couple weeks. I want to avoid the usual situation in which a new game fills quickly, and players who don't happen to be on the forums for a couple days can't get in. Always frustrating...

So far, things look good, but more are needed. I will post regularly with updates during the next several days...

Z

leozelig
January 21st, 2010, 13:48
I use Ventrilo for my games, so a mic is strongly recommended but not essential. You can still listen to the voice chat without a mic. I find that Ventrilo greatly improves the flow of combat.

I use miniatures tokens and have several portraits available if you need one. I have library modules with feats, powers, etc to facilitate character building. I do not use Hamachi. We will plan a test run sometime before the first game to download files and grab the maps.

I will use a website for announcements, adventure summary, and experience/treasure totals. I'll probably use obsidian portal or create a google group for this.

Raznok193
January 21st, 2010, 14:06
if u decide on another night other than Sundays i would be willing to play, my best nights r Saturdays and Mondays

leozelig
January 21st, 2010, 23:29
Ok, Raz...

I am fairly flexible with the game night. I can't do Friday or Saturday nights.

For any other potential players... Let me know if you are interested but not available on Sunday nights (and which nights you are available).

Z

mekage
January 21st, 2010, 23:34
If you still got room I would be interested in playing.

leozelig
January 21st, 2010, 23:54
So far I have heard from 4-5 potential players, including mekage... some of those have expressed interest in other games as well, so we'll see.

If you are interested, post here.

Tylanis
January 22nd, 2010, 00:46
I would be interested in joining

Raznok193
January 22nd, 2010, 03:36
i can also do Thursday nights if that works better for other people

Dagnalis
January 22nd, 2010, 03:51
Sunday nights are good for me and im interested in playing a character higher then 10th level it should be fun pm if you need another

RiverRat
January 22nd, 2010, 14:54
I would be interested in playing as well. Sunday nights are best for me. I could also do Monday, Tues, or Thurs. if necessary.

Ken

kcheu
January 22nd, 2010, 15:25
I would be interested. I run a regular game once a month and need some game time. I also have a friend that might be interested too if there is still room. Sunday nights work great for me.

Hudson

leozelig
January 23rd, 2010, 12:34
So far I have heard from...

Dredcythe
Thudar
Raznok193 (available M-Th-Sa)
mekage
Tylanis
Hye Jedi
Dagnalis
River Rat (available Su-M-T-Th)
kcheu (+ friend?)

I will send everyone a PM to solidify interest in this game. We will figure out which day works best for everyone. I can take up to 6 players... I will consider running 2 groups if interest remains strong. I want players who can show up consistently (occasional absences are fine), so if you know you are unlikely to stay with it for the long haul (approx 6 months) or have scheduling conflicts already, please do not take up a spot.

Look for a PM from me later today!

Z

Orpheus
January 23rd, 2010, 14:01
I would be interested, but more so in the Sunday time slot.

leozelig
January 24th, 2010, 13:41
PM has been sent to everyone.

Nuah
January 25th, 2010, 00:45
well on the off chance that you do end up making a second group for this Im good from Mon-Thurs (Central time zone)

leozelig
January 26th, 2010, 11:58
It looks like we have a group! The following people are confirmed:

Dagnalis
Dredcythe
Orpheus
RiverRat
Thudar
Tylanis

Right now, it doesn't look like there are enough players for a second group. I included the link to the Obsidian Portal site in the PM I sent. Take a look for instructions on creating characters (pretty standard).

I will have the server up Thurs-Sun this week at 9 pm for an hour or two so you can test the connection. PM me with any difficulties. I have hosted many games in the past, so I don't anticipate any, but you never know.

We will try to start this Sunday, Jan 31 at 8:30 pm. There will be no game the following week (Feb 7) because of the Super Bowl.

Right now, people have expressed interest in playing a barbarian, warlock or rogue, cleric or warlord or swordmage, and druid. Let me know if you have any questions, either by PM or on the Obsidian Portal site forums.

Z

leozelig
January 27th, 2010, 06:46
Brave adventurers,

Refer to this link (https://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/rotg) for additional details about the game.

I will have the server up Thursday through Saturday night starting at 9 pm to test the connection and download the files. You may create your character at this time as well.

PM me with any technical issues.

Z