PDA

View Full Version : A couple of Questions

HDresden
January 21st, 2010, 00:17
Is there a way to export maps from a Module?

And is there away to adjust the color of the grid? The grid is great but most of my maps it' can't really be seen on.

tdewitt274
January 21st, 2010, 01:30
Is there a way to export maps from a Module?
Rename the .MOD file as a .ZIP and extract to view the contents.

And is there away to adjust the color of the grid? The grid is great but most of my maps it' can't really be seen on.
Not to my knowledge...

HDresden
February 3rd, 2010, 03:02
One more question is it possible to export a map drawn in FG from one Campaign to another. I'm trying the export function but every time it's a blank map when I load it up.

tdewitt274
February 3rd, 2010, 03:12
One more question is it possible to export a map drawn in FG from one Campaign to another. I'm trying the export function but every time it's a blank map when I load it up.

Not sure I understand.

If you're trying to use the same map in another campaign, the easiest way is to copy it and paste it into the appropriate subfolder.

If you're trying to copy fog of war, tokens, etc, I don't believe that is possible through a module. There are imge files that keep the masking and one of the XML files maintains the token and map information.

HDresden
February 3rd, 2010, 03:17
Say I drew a quick and dirty battlemap that came out really well. I wanted to use it in another game. I tried to export the campaign however that map came through as blank.

Foen
February 3rd, 2010, 06:07
Although commonly confused, maps and drawings are different and drawings don't export under FG (to the best of my knowledge). The only thing I can suggest (and it is a bit clunky) is that you take screenshots of the drawing while running FG and save those instead.

cpbs
February 3rd, 2010, 16:45
If you drew the map inside FG then the map should be inside your drawing folder within your campaign.

If you are using Vista or Windows 7 is should be:

Desktop/[User]/AppData/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds II/[Campaign Name]/Drawings

The picture will be in contrast though, white lines black back ground. You will have to switch this I believe in some painting program if you want black lines. It also saved to PNG file as well.

I hope that helps.

cpbs

Griogre
February 5th, 2010, 01:51
Stuff you draw in the program uses inverted colors and as Foen has said resides in the campaign's drawing folder in App Data. If you drew something free hand it will be in the main campaign's drawing folder. Just go through the drawings until you find the one you want.

Then right click on it and select "Open With" and choose Paint. Paint's a free bee light weight art program that comes with Windows and normally is installed. Once you have the drawing loaded in Paint, pull down the Image Menu and select "Invert Colors" then save the file with a real name.

Once you do that, move that file from Drawings to Images in the campaign you want to export and you'll be good to go.

HDresden
February 5th, 2010, 03:32
Thanks guys!