PDA

View Full Version : Looking to Start a 4E Game Details inside.

HDresden
January 20th, 2010, 20:59
Hey All,

Just purchased Fantasy grounds not too long ago and I’ve spent the last week or two going over the game, and learning the 4e Ruleset ;) I’m getting prepared to run a homebrew setting game and wondering if there was any interest.

Details:
Home brew setting with background stolen quite liberally from certain book series:
Day’s/Time: Tuesday or Wednesday 6:30-10:30 CST bi-Weekly
I’m looking at a start date of 2/1 or 2/2. (May move out a week or so if it takes more time to find players)

Vent will be used for voice, Hamachi for connecting.

Mechanical Details
Staring at Level 1
Normal Point Buy
Inherent Bonuses Option

Please accept the list of acceptable classes/races as the setting does not contain everything.

Classes
Any PHB1 or 2 excluding Divine Types, including Swordmage

Player Races in the Setting

Human (Note I give humans +2 to two stats as they are the primary race in the setting)
˝ Elf * (Offspring of Elf and Human)
Tiefling (Not a race but a hybrid)
Dwarf
Halfling
Elf
Eladrin (High Elf –Elves who still maintain their ties to the deep magical traditions that they once held)
Changeling (A rare birth happenstance… )
Goblin

Once we have the full group I’ll send background information and then characters can be built as a group. (I’ve found this works better in 4e )
Website (https://sites.google.com/site/fourlands/Home)

If you are interested please pm me or reply here.

Thudar
January 20th, 2010, 21:16
I'd like to play. My work schedule will allow me to play every other Tuesday, and every other Wednesday night. I have a lot of Role-playing experience,b ut none on FG.

Todd

Destructonomicon
January 21st, 2010, 00:34
I, too, would like to join the foray. I'm good for either day and the times. So yeah, throwing my hat in there.

steelonice
January 21st, 2010, 01:33
I would definitely be up for this game, however i will be unable to play past 9:00 CST on Tuesdays. I like to play either rogues or mages, if those suit the campaign, if not, i will play anything that is necessary. I have a decent amount of experience creating characters in FG, but i have never actually played a full game in it. I do however have a nice amount of experience playing 4th ED

Also, would the halfling race be available

-Hayden

HDresden
January 21st, 2010, 01:47
Wow good set of responses.. Looks Like Wednesday seems to be a winner so far.

And

Allowable Races
Human (Note I give humans +2 to two stats as they are the primary race in the setting)
˝ Elf
Tiefling
Dwarf
Halfling
Elf
Eladrin
Changeling
Goblin

And Classes

Fighter
Ranger
Rogue
Warlock
Warlord
Wizard
Barbarian
Bard
Druid
Shaman
Sorcerer
Warden
Swordmage

steelonice
January 21st, 2010, 01:49
Hm... Ok i would probably be a Halfling Rogue

rigas
January 21st, 2010, 02:04
I am playing a campaign on Sundays so I would like to get one for the week. Let me know when you will be having everyone online to talk details.

Marty

l1wolf
January 21st, 2010, 03:00
I would like to play. Human Wizard would be my choice.

Destructonomicon
January 21st, 2010, 03:40
A Rogue and a Wizard? I'll go with a Human Bard. You'll all have to endure my poor singing prowess!

Dredcythe
January 21st, 2010, 03:55
I'm also interested and would play any role that best rounds out the group. I'm new to FG but not to D&D and would love to join. I have the 4E reference material, and mic for voice communication. Thanks.

steelonice
January 21st, 2010, 04:06
I don't think i have ever played with a bard, that will be cool, also, i have all of the material (4th ed) and several mics

Destructonomicon
January 21st, 2010, 04:32
I haven't played a Bard either, thought it might be a fun experience... also saw that we didn't have a Leader archetype yet! So yeah, strategy!

Mics are a go, too.

l1wolf
January 21st, 2010, 12:32
I will play anything needed if it helps the group. I just thought of wizard first because i haven't played one in a while. I definitely do not want to play a swordmage, I am currently playing one in two different campaigns.

HDresden
January 21st, 2010, 13:27
Allright guy's looks like we got

Thudar
Destructonomicon
Steelonice
Rigas
l1wolf
Deadscythe

So to confirm go ahead and drop me an email. [email protected]
And we can get the ball rolling and set a time to perhaps hop on fg and vent to hash out characters.

Tylanis
January 22nd, 2010, 00:48
I would like to join your campaign if someone drops out

HDresden
January 22nd, 2010, 15:28
Allright Sitting at 4 Solid Confirmations right now. If I don't have the last two by say Sunday I'll open the spot's back up.

I've set up a quick BBS so that we can hash out stuff on.

https://shadowfourlands.proboards.com/index.cgi

Also if your interested in joining pop over and post there as I probably won't keep popping in here.

I'm going to be going for 6 players that way we should always be able to scrape the minimum 4 to play!

HDresden
February 2nd, 2010, 17:50
Allright we had one person comitt who actually couldn't comitt. So we have a spot open We currently have A Starlock, Rogue, Bard, Warden and a Wizard! So we could probably use another Leader or Defender. (Please note, there are no clerics or paladins in the setting!)

https://shadowfourlands.proboards.com/index.cgi

is the website.. and yes I know I am looking for people for a Monday Game as well... (What can I say I prefer to gm!)

Stee Jans
February 2nd, 2010, 18:01
Count Stee Jans in as a Human Warlord who has served in the Border Legion and was a member of the Free Corps. Know as Posey on your message boards.

HDresden
February 2nd, 2010, 19:08
Sorry Stee this is a Seperate Game from the Monday one. Same Setting Diffrent group of folks!

Stee Jans
February 2nd, 2010, 19:28
Thanks, I saw that after I posted. I belive we are square now. :)

thefallen
February 5th, 2010, 00:47
Hey HDresden, is the spot still open? What time are you guys playing, I think I would like to join in.

Ksathra
February 11th, 2010, 10:34
Think I posted at the wrong place. If your still looking for someone on your Wednesday game it seems to fall right in the slot I wanted to fill.

I'd like to play a Human Fighter.