PDA

View Full Version : Unable to load or start new campaigns

KyleC
January 20th, 2010, 20:54
I've recently moved to a new computer, and after re-installing Fantasy Grounds, I have noticed that I cannot load or create new campaigns. Specifically, the Start button is disabled. Strangely enough, I can continue existing campaigns by double clicking the campaign name.

Did I confuse FG into thinking I've got a client-only license?
-Kyle

ddavison
January 20th, 2010, 21:37
I have seen that before on one of my re-installs as well. Try filling out everything on the form, including your GM's display name and see if it corrects the issue.

KyleC
January 20th, 2010, 22:31
Adding the GM's display name to a new campaign did the trick. Thanks!

Tenian
January 21st, 2010, 11:45
In previous versions (I haven't checked the latest) the start button would not function if you did not have an active internet connection. It was enabled, it just didn't do anything. Double clicking on the campaign name did work even without the internet connection.

It was reported a while back so maybe this bug got zapped.

Rienen
February 17th, 2010, 18:18
I just started having the same issue.

Unfortunately, filling out Username and password didn't do the trick for me. I'll try re-installing tonight and seeing if that solves the issue.

Rienen
February 19th, 2010, 04:22
As a followup, everything works fine when I'm online, but when I'm offline, I can't open new campaigns. The start button does not open existing campaigns, but double clicking does.

Moon Wizard
February 19th, 2010, 04:34
What is the version information that is shown in the top right corner of the launcher when you run FG?

Thanks,
JPG

Rienen
February 22nd, 2010, 14:13
When I first noticed it happening? 2.6.4
It also happens after updating to 2.6.5
When I'm not connected to the internet, I can't start a new campaign, and can only open an existing one by double clicking on it.
When I'm connected, everything works fine.

Moon Wizard
February 22nd, 2010, 15:26
Rienen,

What license type are you using?
What ruleset are you trying to create a campaign in? Or is it all rulesets?

Thanks,
JPG

Rienen
February 22nd, 2010, 15:50
Full license.

When I click on "Create New Campaign" and name the campaign ("test" for example)
I have set a username and password, since I've seen that has helped others. I have tried the 3.5E, 4E, WFRP2_3.01_final, d20, d_20jpg, and foundation rulesets.
When I click on a ruleset, the Start button lights up, but clicking on it produces no results.
Under "Load Campaign" I have 4 created campaigns. 1 - d20, 2 - 3.5E, and 1 - d20_JPG. Again, when I select a campaign, the start button is lit, but has no effect when clicked. I double click on the campaign, and it opens up.

When I'm connected to the internet, everything works fine (at least, from the limited amount I've been testing).

I should note this behavior started a couple weeks ago, before then, everything worked fine, all the time. I don't recall any changes to my system, other than updating FGII.

I'm currently running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit on an i7 Asus Laptop, 4GB RAM with about 500GB free space. I was thinking about upgrading to Win7 Ultimate this weekend and reinstalling software as necessary. I can hold off if you'd like me to test something, though.

Moon Wizard
February 22nd, 2010, 17:50
No reason to hold off on your update. It seems like the issue is some sort of corner case related to being disconnected.

We'll put it on the list to look at.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
March 18th, 2010, 21:18
By the way, there was a similar issue that was solved. It appears that it was a file permission issue that occurs on Windows after copying files.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11951

JPG