PDA

View Full Version : Crashing randomly since 2.6.3

steev42
January 19th, 2010, 03:20
So, last time we tried to play (before Christmas), we updated to 2.6.3. Fantasy Grounds crashed on us 3 times in about 20 minutes before we gave up, and called it off until the new year.

Today, we tried again. Updated to 2.6.4. Had some issues with sharing images, one player crashed on his own (something unrelated, we believe, with his computer, but we had to delete the cache and redownload the ruleset for him). After we finally got started, we had two crashes in 10 minutes.

This is, to say the least, unfeasible. Nothing in particular on my end seems to be causing it--every time, I've been, at most, typing in the chat. This most recent time, I've just been watching--I had put down a couple of tokens on the map a little bit ago, but nothing in the last minute or so.

Is there a specific place that errors are logged so I can share? I've been unable to find any.

Moon Wizard
January 19th, 2010, 07:51
Which ruleset are you using?

There is a console.log in the FG2 Application Data Folder available in the Start Menu. Can you check for any error messages there?

Also, do you have any ideas about what actions appear to be causing issues? (Sharing, moving tokens, making rolls, etc.)

JPG

steev42
January 19th, 2010, 20:52
There doesn't actually appear to be a console.log. I thought that was supposed to be somewhere, but I couldn't find it, hence why I asked. I will pass the request on to my players, however, and see if I can get anything from them on it.

I was using the D20_JPG ruleset with a Pathfinder extension of my own construction.

ddavison
January 19th, 2010, 20:56
To further narrow it down, it may be helpful to try a single suspected action/cause of the crash and then type "/save" in the chat window. I saw issues in the past where the system does not actually crash until the regularly scheduled save operation kicks in. Up until that point, the system does not realize some piece of data has become corrupted.