PDA

View Full Version : Do over please? =)

nalo0351
January 17th, 2010, 22:07
My family and I were EXTREMELY impressed with the rapid customer service we received when we made a mistake using PayPal. Truth be told, it was our mistake but the customer service here still helped fix us up in a matter of hours!

This is my order confirmation

Order id: 10255
> Date: 6th Nov 2009
>
> Product listing
> ------------------------------------------------------
> 1 x Fantasy Grounds II Full License ($39.95)
> 6 x Fantasy Grounds II Lite License ($23.95)
> 1 x Complete Minions for Fantasy Grounds ($6)
> 1 x Arms and Armor v3.5 for Fantasy Grounds ($6)
> 1 x The Complete SRD for Fantasy Grounds ($6.5)
>
> Bundle discount: $64.66
> Total price: $137.48

So here is our situation... We have been loosely learning the system, brainstorming characters ect... This weekend we planned on running some beta-tests with the d20 system as the 3.5 system seemed to dislike the combat tracker....

I loaded up my campaign and got an error "could not load base.xml" or something like that. After scanning the forums I have noticed that their is a new edition an "Ultimate" license which allows for an unlimited number of players. I also noted that the d20 chief has apparently joined forces with the FGII and smiteworks alliance creating a triad of supreme power unlike any the VTT universe has seen before...

What are the chances of us having a "do-over" and purchasing an ultimate license instead of the lite & full versions we have?

Is the "merge tool" for the d20 campaigns available? I don't actually have a "campaign" as much as I have a "test" adventure, so its not a big deal if I have to transfer some images to a new campaign.

What are the best "rules set" and modules (like the 3.5 arms and equipment) to run a 3.5 ed D&D campaign?

Thanks in advance for any advice / options!

ddavison
January 18th, 2010, 01:21
Hello nalo0351,

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately we do not have a good mechanism for allowing the switch from a series of licenses to an ultimate license. We are planning on looking into an upgrade from a single full to an ultimate for the difference (or close to it.) There are a number of items above it in priority at the moment, so we do not currently have an ETA for it.

The merge tool is also on the list. I will say that work is being conducted with every effort to maintain backward compatibility for D20/3.5E/D20_JPG based campaigns.

Andugus
January 18th, 2010, 02:20
What are the best "rules set" and modules (like the 3.5 arms and equipment) to run a 3.5 ed D&D campaign?

Thanks in advance for any advice / options!

*shameless plug mode /on*

White Haired Man (www.whitehairedman.com) produces a micro setting and adventure modules specifically for Fantasy Grounds II. Our micro settings are designed to be used in your game world. However, even if you don't run your players through our material, you may find them useful as examples of how you might organize your own adventures and campaign.

KS00-OGL Kith'takharos Setting (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=WHM-KS00)
KS01-OGL Well Met in Kith'takharos (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=WHM-KS01P)

Read what Tenkar had to say about our product organization at Tenkar's Tavern (https://tenkarstavern.blogspot.com/2010/01/review-white-haired-man.html#links).

*shameless plug mode /off*

nalo0351
January 19th, 2010, 16:15
So ... what would you do?

I have the licenses so that's no problem....

but I want to get everyone on the same page.

1) Do the other players have to purchase these add-ons?

> 1 x Complete Minions for Fantasy Grounds ($6)
> 1 x Arms and Armor v3.5 for Fantasy Grounds ($6)
> 1 x The Complete SRD for Fantasy Grounds ($6.5)

2) If I was to use WHM's stuff is that completely independent of FGII? Does it cost anything?

3) What is the best base to use for 3.5, d20? or foundation or 3.5 ... how does the SRD and arms-equipment modules work into the equation?

4) Thanks for helping a slack witted computer neanderthal ! (I wish it was so easy even a cave man could do it!)

Phystus
January 19th, 2010, 16:38
1) Only the GM needs that stuff. The players don't need to buy it.

2) You still need FG for the White Haired Men modules. They do cost money, but not a lot.

3) The best is actually the D20_JPG ruleset. You can get it here (https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/community/community/groups/viewgroup/62-DD+3rd+Edition+FG+Development). It's free, but you do have to register to download it. The JPG ruleset can use the basic d20/3.5 modules that come with FG, so it will probably work with the SRD, etc. too, but I can't say for sure as I haven't tried it myself.

~P

nalo0351
January 19th, 2010, 21:15
I have and am using the D20_jpg ruleset, however since the latest FG update it appears to not be finding the root base xml file?

But it's good to know that the d20_jpg is the best, I will look into WHM when I get a chance.