PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Connect - Even via Local Host

adminwheel3
January 17th, 2010, 18:51
I don't know if this is a symptom or the core issue, however we experienced a variety of problems with my game today and eventually had to call it.

Without listing the various issues which we experienced which could be related to any number of other problems, the main issue now is that no one can connect to the campaign. This happened after I asked everyone to log out due to a map only showing tokens and a grid with no actual image.

Once they were all disconnected I then shut down gracefully. I then launched the game and launched a session connecting via local host (as one of the players was missing).

I received a message of 'Connecting....' and then it just sat there. No one else could connect either.

Now having experienced issued with FG eating my campaigns in the past I made not one but two backups just before we started.

I asked everyone to stop connecting and then launched the backup campaign. I then attempted to start a local connection. At this point the local host connection generated an error message

"Could not connect to the host. Check the address and try again."

At that point I went back to my launcher and thought I would try generating a new alias (which I did). However I then clicked on 'Connection test' which generated a 'Failure' message.

I can connect to the Fantasy Grounds website just fine and was hosting a game not 10 minutes earlier. There were no known changes to my system or firewall during the time I was trying to actually run a game.

I have three copies of my campaign and not one of them can be connected to. We are running v 2.6.3 .

adminwheel3
January 17th, 2010, 19:02
FG 2 had another stealth instance running in the background. Bringing up Task manager showed it sucking up nearly a gig of memory. I killed it and players can now connect. Now to solve the other problems...