PDA

View Full Version : Is it compatible with windows 7 ?

Haerilir
January 15th, 2010, 23:42
hello, we have not used FG2 since months ,recently updated it and now encounter some issues with it.
Our GM installed it on a brand new pc with windows 7 , custom maps and tokens and hardly anything transfer, maps are not loading , half the character portraits dont appear.
We checked if port 1802 was opened , it is , we checked no firewall was still on, and router in DMZ mode so everything should be opened. Yet impossible to transfer anything.
I tried myself to DM, i still have my old pc on windows xp with FG2 now updated.. and zero problems everything transfers even huge maps.

So anyone has any idea what could be wrong with my friend setup ? is the some built in feature in windows 7 blocking transfers or something else we are not aware of ?.

Thanks

Oberoten
January 16th, 2010, 00:06
It is mostly a question of bandwith. If the GM reinstalls this means everything you have pushed over so far will be re-transfered and FG tends to not do very well with large file transfers.

Best option is to prune down the number of images, tokens etc transfered and transfer little by little or do a local connect first and let everyone download the resultant cache file.

- Obe

grimm182
January 16th, 2010, 00:50
I am using Win7 64, and it has worked fine for me and the clients. Another game i was hosting a friend was having connection issues...he was torrenting files in the background...so i would make sure when transfering nothing else is going on for all parties. :)

Hedgewriter
January 16th, 2010, 03:27
At least 3/4 of our group is on Windows 7 and we haven't had any issues.

Izumneth
June 25th, 2010, 21:08
I'm currently hosting and running simultaneous player mode on a Windows 7 x64 box with no issues.