PDA

View Full Version : Crash with text selection Ctrl+Shift+Arrow-Keys text selection

MindWorX
January 13th, 2010, 05:39
Version: v.2.6.4 ULTIMATE

The software crashes instantly, and has done so a few times, I've found a way to reproduce the bug, so you can find out the cause. Here's the steps

Create a new campaign, i dubbed mine Bugfinding.
Create a new story,
Enter some text, multiple words make a difference, add a newline
Place the cursor on the first line, before the first word
Hit Ctrl+Shift+Right until it reaches the end of the line
When selecting the last word, FG crashes.

Same thing happens without the Shift key.

I'm going to assume it's a problem finding the right caret position due to the newline, but I'm going to leave that to the developers.

cpbs
January 13th, 2010, 17:26
I was able to reproduce this same error using full version of FGII v.2.6.4. I am guessing you would use this so that you can highlight the words to change them while making a story.

Just trying to figure out why that combo would be used. But yeah, it looks to be an error.

MindWorX
January 14th, 2010, 18:59
Actually, it's a very bad habit of mine, selecting to change the paragraph type, completely unneeded, but a serious bug indeed.

cpbs
January 14th, 2010, 20:43
I typically type all the information into google-documents or into word, then just copy and paste. But because its a limited error, I doubt its on the high priority list to fix anytime soon. But I can see how it could cause problems if someone was not using the mouse that often.