PDA

View Full Version : New D&d 3.5 Game on Wednesday

Ksathra
January 12th, 2010, 20:34
Hey all I'm Relatively new to FG but I've gone over the GM stuff and I'm ready to try and Run my First game on it. I ask any that do join the game be a little understanding if my maps kins of suck or I dont know what I'm doing all the time.

I'll be running D&d 3.5, allowing all the hardcover 3.5 books except Book of Nine Swords.

I'll be running my campaign in a world my friend made, though lots of stuff is ad hoked.

Characters will start at level 2 (1000xp) 900gp each, and can gave a level adjustment of one. I'd rather not have anyone make anything too cheesy because I'd like to keep all the players on the same level.

Your allowed 2 flaws, If you don't like the ones in the book you have to run the ones you want by me and I'll accept/debate changes but you don't need to take flaws if you don't want to.

During play time I'd like to use Skype for an online talking to each other as well as the FG chat for IC talk. keeps the chat in FG lot cleaner.

Running time will be every Wednesday starting at 5pm my time till probably 10 or 11pm if the group last that long.

I'd like to warn players that if they make powerful Pc's with strange and obscure feats or abilities, I'll look them up and might end up using them against the party as well.

House rule about Gaining Feats is that you gain one every odd level instead every level divisible by 3 after 1.

I'll be rolling the Ability scores for all the plays with the same dice. 4d6 remove lowest you place them as you wish.

If you have questions ask them here though if you want to know about the world history and stuff send me a private message on here and I'll set it to you.

Johan
January 12th, 2010, 20:55
*froths at mouth* D&D game, rawr.

Dicax
January 13th, 2010, 00:19
I'm game but what time zone are you in?

Ksathra
January 13th, 2010, 01:12
I'm in the EST time zone. which means its 8:12 pm right now when I post this

Dicax
January 13th, 2010, 04:26
I was hoping you were PST. I wouldn't be able to start at 5 pm EST so I guess that leaves me out.

Thanks anyway

Pheonix-IV
January 13th, 2010, 09:38
Hmm, that's in the morning for me, i can totally make this.

l1wolf
January 13th, 2010, 21:03
Humm this sounds interesting. You get to roll the stats for us? Are there any re-rolling posibilities and such? Also do you have any takers yet to know what the party might have? How far do you plan on taking the campaign? Would it be ok if people can't make it right on time at 5pm, I don't get off work until 4:30?

Ksathra
January 13th, 2010, 21:18
So far I've only been approched by Johan about Characters. I wont be rerolling the stats I give you (though I'll probably trash anything thats really low in my mind) I plan on taking the campaign through what ever it gets to. If you all like the game and finish the first story arc I'll let the players continue on and start the next arc.

I'll expect that even the people that arrive at 5pm will be talking and such and we wont start the actual game until 5:30-6pm so if your ready to start right away when you show up then you should be fine. As long as you dont chat it up and retard our game more.

l1wolf
January 13th, 2010, 22:39
well I might be interested depending on party make-up and such.

Pheonix-IV
January 14th, 2010, 00:23
4d6 drop lowest usually results in alright stats, iirc statistically it actually results in slightly more powerful characters than point buy, so unless you're pretty unlucky it should be fine. Character balance in 3.5 is already all over the place, a few extra stat points won't make much of a difference.

My only question is on sourcebooks; when you say all hardcover books, does that include setting specific stuff? I've been poking at the Artificer class a fair bit lately, and would be interesting in playing one.

Johan
January 14th, 2010, 00:43
I weep for my unborn swordsage.
weep.

on a different note: I will ascend to a higher powerlevel than you pathetic mortals can ever comprehend!!! mwahahahahhaha!!!!

group alignment? I'd rather have a set alignment than be the odd man out playing LE and have to either play it good or put a dagger between the second and third rib of a party member and then twist.

Pheonix-IV
January 14th, 2010, 00:51
If you're stabbling people in their sleep, you're not doing a very good job at the Lawful part of Lawful Evil.

Johan
January 14th, 2010, 01:10
I have an alibi and have mind raped someone else to take the fall. I'm protected by the law from all repercussions. Lawful evil, using the law made to protect the weak to protect yourself. After all, stealing magical items is so much cheaper than buying.

Pheonix-IV
January 14th, 2010, 01:15
Well it depends on which kind of Lawful Evil you're using, the Tyranny kind or the Anti-Villian kind.

Generally the former isn't really conducive to team gaming, the latter though can work quite well.

Johan
January 14th, 2010, 01:43
unless the entire party is evil, therefore I'm curious what the group alignment is going to be.

Pheonix-IV
January 14th, 2010, 02:29
Based on the OP, i wouldn't expect Ksathra to want to run an Evil campaign (i could be wrong).

Your best bet is probably to go for the Anti-Villain type of Evil, it tends to work out better in a team environment than the Tyranny type anyway.

Ksathra
January 14th, 2010, 07:37
all hardcover books means just the main books. I dont want any Eberron, Pathfinder, or what not getting mixed into my game, feats, class or otherwise.

As for your Alignment Its really up to you. I'd rather you are able to work in a group with others. But if the whole party is evil and they act smart about it they might be able to have fun and survive.

xaotik1
January 14th, 2010, 21:59
You still have room for one more by any chance? My tuesday game is pretty much done, so I need to replace it or go insane :)

Ksathra
January 15th, 2010, 06:17
yeah So far I've still only been contacted by Johan though I assume Pheonix-IV wants in as well. If you want in the Game send me a Private message with what kind of character your thinking about. (Race and Class)

Pheonix-IV
January 16th, 2010, 12:23
Yar, i remain interested, i'm just a bit blank atm for character ideas.

Pheonix-IV
January 17th, 2010, 07:47
Dead Necro might be fun, Hmm.

Andrepartthree
January 18th, 2010, 15:51
Lawful Evil? Cripes Johan you really love the hard core PC's don't you ? :P kidding, kidding, Johan and I are in another FG game together so I HAVE to give him a hard time :P ... PM'ing you a character concept Ksathra ;)

And I say Pheonix brings back Kaz the minotaur but make him a cynical dry-witted smart-aleck minotaur who makes fun of all the other "inferior" races in the game all the time :P

Andrepartthree
January 19th, 2010, 01:09
Anyone who's willing should sound off here on race/class you're going to run so other players know if they're making a similar type PC (some players don't mind that some players do ;) ) ...

I'll be running a female half elf rogue - no johan and pheonix it's not alissa ;) , this particular PC is much more lighthearted :) ..

Johan
January 19th, 2010, 03:47
I was gonna be a rogue :(

I just thought of something funny, all the old samurai were emo. Think about it, ohnoes I failed, I'm gonna go cut myself *seppuku*

Pheonix-IV
January 19th, 2010, 04:52
I was gonna be a rogue :(

I just thought of something funny, all the old samurai were emo. Think about it, ohnoes I failed, I'm gonna go cut myself *seppuku*

This made me giggle :P

ReikaMichiko
January 19th, 2010, 05:04
all hardcover books means just the main books. I dont want any Eberron, Pathfinder, or what not getting mixed into my game, feats, class or otherwise.

As for your Alignment Its really up to you. I'd rather you are able to work in a group with others. But if the whole party is evil and they act smart about it they might be able to have fun and survive.

damn hes not the only one that really wanted to play a artificer :( , no one ever lets me do this class.

Ksathra
January 19th, 2010, 05:21
So far think I've got, Kobold Druid, Half-elf Rogue and A Fighter I think. I thought Johan was making a Fighter something a rather anyway.

Pheonix-IV
January 19th, 2010, 10:38
And I say Pheonix brings back Kaz the minotaur but make him a cynical dry-witted smart-aleck minotaur who makes fun of all the other "inferior" races in the game all the time :P

I can do better than that; i have a Kobold Druid out to right the world's wrongs, oh, and he serves the God\dess (depending on setting) of entertainment, so he disguises himself as the head of a small dog cicus. After all, why would anyone suspect the silly Kobold and his trained dogs?

:D

ReikaMichiko
January 19th, 2010, 13:54
so ur not even allowing campaign setting feats? because the biggest crafting feats are in the eberron book >< . even if i couldnt play an artificer id like to take brew potions and stuff , but its just not worth it unless u can reduce the xp costs and such (eberron has 3 feats that reduce each component by 25%, so instead ur only paying 75% of the xp/gold/and time that u normally would)

Johan
January 19th, 2010, 20:45
I'm seriously about to throw down a wall of text on why Tome of Battle should be in.

Psionics allowed? I'm thinking of playing some type of psionic character.

xaotik1
January 20th, 2010, 00:18
I sent a message to you with the concept, just let me know if it seems ok with you. :)

Pheonix-IV
January 20th, 2010, 00:48
I'm seriously about to throw down a wall of text on why Tome of Battle should be in.

Psionics allowed? I'm thinking of playing some type of psionic character.

Tome of Battle is out? Didn't Ksathra say any non-setting specific hardcover books? I'm pretty sure ToB fits that description.

Andrepartthree
January 20th, 2010, 01:12
Could be wrong but when you say 'just the main books' do you mean player's handbook and dungeon master's guide listed speciality classes only Ksathra? Or do you mean that plus non-campaign specific books (races of the wild, complete champion, et cet?) ... Tome of Battle could be considered an "oriental" campaign setting then again it might not... I know Ksathra mentioned "flaws" so I'm guessing he got that from the Unearthed Arcana book and it's therefore allowed?

I think people should do what Johan did, rather than making Ksathra publish a long list here of what books are ok and what are not, :p , mention the book(s) flat out right here on the thread (Tome of Battle for example) and have Ksathra say "yes" or "no" to the book, that way everyone else knows if that particular book is allowed or not :)

And sorry to steal the rogue from you Johan, didn't know you wanted to play one , honest ! :p ... Personally I still think you should play the rogue and take the assassin character class soon as you become eligible for it or something else suitably dark and dangerous ;) ...

Druid, yay we have a healer ! :) Is anyone running a mage type character by any chance? Admittedly not too strong at the earlier levels but they really come in handy at higher character class levels :) ...

Also if anyone feels comfortable revealing their alignment (and if not that's ok of course! ) , my female half elf rogue is Chaotic Good, I believe Johan mentioned a Lawful Evil dude ... personally I don't think it's a problem, if the players involved are mature enough in their role playing it just makes for interesting party dynamics ;) ... especially if Johan is doing the "anti-villain" thing we were talking about - reluctantly toes the line because of all the "softies" surrounding him but leave him alone with a potential victim long enough and :ninja: (that's supposed to be the ninja face :p )

Pheonix-IV
January 20th, 2010, 02:52
He mentions the Book of Nine Swords as specifically out, and i'm fairly sure that it's not a core book.

I also have a Jungle Kobold from Unearthed Arcana. So i'd expect Tome of Battle to be legit.

Druid, yay we have a healer

Not really :P

xaotik1
January 20th, 2010, 02:54
Well, I'm working up a very non-typical barbarian/fighter type. . .so chaos is pretty much a given. I leave it up to you to figure out what kind. . .more interesting that way anyway :)

Andrepartthree
January 20th, 2010, 03:46
Oh he mentioned the book of nine swords as specifically out ? Crap I have to bone up on my reading skills :p (lol) ... Sure you don't want to run an assassin Johan? I'm serious dude,obviously it's up to you what PC you'd enjoy most but to me that seems totally your type of character ;) ...

Barbarian/fighters are good too, never hurts to have too many swords ;) ... and true you can have different "builds" that emphasize the non-healing parts of a druid but it IS nice to have someone around who can cast cure spells - everyone just remember to be REAL nice to the kobold (druid) :p ..

Once we have enough players to start I'd recommend , if our DM permits :) , that we all donate a share of our starting funds towards a cure light wounds wand mainly 'cause our druid can only cast so many spells per day and if we get our butts kicked in an encounter such a wand can (literally) make a difference between life and death .. not sure though can someone other than a mage use a wand? ( I didn't take "use magic device" skill for my rogue so ... ) ... also how do people feel about donating a share of our starting funds towards a bag of holding to be used as mutual group property? (would suck if we came across a ton of coins and treasure and couldn't bring it back with us ! ) ..

Johan
January 20th, 2010, 04:04
Oh he mentioned the book of nine swords as specifically out ? Crap I have to bone up on my reading skills :p (lol) ... Sure you don't want to run an assassin Johan? I'm serious dude,obviously it's up to you what PC you'd enjoy most but to me that seems totally your type of character ;) ...

Barbarian/fighters are good too, never hurts to have too many swords ;) ... and true you can have different "builds" that emphasize the non-healing parts of a druid but it IS nice to have someone around who can cast cure spells - everyone just remember to be REAL nice to the kobold (druid) :p ..

Once we have enough players to start I'd recommend , if our DM permits :) , that we all donate a share of our starting funds towards a cure light wounds wand mainly 'cause our druid can only cast so many spells per day and if we get our butts kicked in an encounter such a wand can (literally) make a difference between life and death .. not sure though can someone other than a mage use a wand? ( I didn't take "use magic device" skill for my rogue so ... ) ... also how do people feel about donating a share of our starting funds towards a bag of holding to be used as mutual group property? (would suck if we came across a ton of coins and treasure and couldn't bring it back with us ! ) ..
I might do an assassin

Ksathra
January 20th, 2010, 04:49
Ok. To try and clarify I'm NOT ALLOWING, the dragon or dungeon magazines, The Tome of Battle, The Fearun, Pathfinder... any other campaign setting books like Oriantel advantures and sure. I'm allowing the PHB, PHB II, DMG, DMG II, Complete series, Races, Series, The Feats from Savage Species and some Specific things from Unearthed Arcana. And a bunch of other books that are Hardcover 3.5. If you have any other questions ask if I'm allowing a book not named here and I'll give the yah nah.

Ksathra
January 20th, 2010, 05:33
Ok. So we have 5 players now. Mikker0 (playing a Old Gray Elf Wizard I think), Pheonix-IV (Kobold Druid), Andrepartthree (Half-elf Rogue), xaotik1 (Barbarian-Fighter (dunno race)), Johan learned that he had class and wont be able to able to make the games. We had someone that was kind of new to D&d that I might let in to play now.

Pheonix-IV
January 20th, 2010, 12:05
Is Book of Exalted Deeds in? It would seem to fit your criteria, but i thought i'd better ask.

Andrepartthree
January 20th, 2010, 14:24
I'd love to have book of exalted deeds in too if you approve, specifically for the merciful strike feat (no penalty on subdual attack rolls and rogues can do sneak attack subdual damage) if you'll allow it ? :)

ReikaMichiko
January 20th, 2010, 16:26
My final awnser on my character is a =

Level 1 Wizard / Level 1 Cleric Grey Elf

I decided not to go old, decided to stick with a regular age (so about 80 for an elf)

Btw im the new healer if no one else is doing that role

Pheonix-IV
January 20th, 2010, 21:39
Buy yourself a health batter- i mean wand of cure light wounds and you're good to go.

ReikaMichiko
January 20th, 2010, 22:18
Buy yourself a health batter- i mean wand of cure light wounds and you're good to go.

Ive always wondered about that and I guess ill bring it up... do wands/scrolls of touch spells still require you to touch , or do they become ranged?

Pheonix-IV
January 20th, 2010, 22:23
They still require you to touch.

The reason for Health Batter- Wands of Cure Light Wounds is that for a fairly low cost you're putting 50d8+50 total HP into a small, portable item (or higher +'s if you have better caster level and invest in it) that can be split up into 1d8+whatever chunks across the party.

You don't actually heal in combat; you can't heal more damage than the monster deals with a single hit, statistically you'll get better results killing the monster faster and then healing in a few minutes of downtime after combat, which is where the Wands come in.

ReikaMichiko
January 20th, 2010, 22:32
They still require you to touch.

The reason for Health Batter- Wands of Cure Light Wounds is that for a fairly low cost you're putting 50d8+50 total HP into a small, portable item (or higher +'s if you have better caster level and invest in it) that can be split up into 1d8+whatever chunks across the party.

You don't actually heal in combat; you can't heal more damage than the monster deals with a single hit, statistically you'll get better results killing the monster faster and then healing in a few minutes of downtime after combat, which is where the Wands come in.

Well if thats the case everyone should just buy a unlimited charges cure minor wounds ring like ksathra >>

xaotik1
January 20th, 2010, 22:41
Had a small change of plans once I saw that the races books were allowed. Still going to stick close to my original concept, but I am going with goliath as the race (as opposed to human as originally planned), so I had to adjust to the loss of a level (and the feats to go with it). I'll still end up going the same route, basicly, it'll just take me a few extra levels to pick up all the feats I wanted :)

BTW, no worries about a pack animal either, if we find it, I can carry it :)

Pheonix-IV
January 20th, 2010, 22:56
Well if thats the case everyone should just buy a unlimited charges cure minor wounds ring like ksathra >>

You could, but at higher levels it's going to take over an hour to re-heal everyone. Plus Wands of Cure Light Wounds at a CL of 1 are a mere 750 GP to buy, or half that and 30 XP if you craft it.

At lower levels, that's a reasonable sum of money, although defintely doable, and the 1d8+1's will provide a fair amount of healing at lower levels too. At higher levels, the 750 gp is peanuts,

Also, i'm now torn between Kobold Druid or Halfling Paladin D:

xaotik1
January 20th, 2010, 23:40
Seeing as I will likely be a major beneficiary of the wand if you get it, I'm willing to pitch in 200gp to get one.

Ksathra
January 20th, 2010, 23:59
Oh sorry thought Book of Exalted Deeds was mentioned in my first post but now that I look back I guess I left it out. I'd rather you dont take stuff from that book. But if your really dead set on it bring what you want to take up with me and I'll say yes or no.

Ksathra
January 21st, 2010, 00:06
Ok So still trying to get all this straight. Got
Andrepartthree (half-elf rogue)
Mikker0 (Wizard/Cleric Gray Elf)
hyumitsa (Dwarven Barbarian)
xaotis1 (Goliath Fighter )
Pheonix-IV ( halfling Paladin)

Pheonix-IV
January 21st, 2010, 00:17
Just a heads up to the other players, i'm switching characters to a Halfling Paladin, Ksathra has signed off on this.

Just in case anyone had any big plans for the Druid or something :P

hyumitsa
January 21st, 2010, 00:31
YEAH! Dwarven Barbarian! It... Will... Be fun.

xaotik1
January 21st, 2010, 00:51
Goliath fighter at the moment, but I intend to work in the barbarian aspect as we continue to play.

Could you send some connection details so that I can get my sheet loaded up and set up my hotkeys?

Ksathra
January 21st, 2010, 01:12
I'm on right now. Its Quiet User Ugly xorn I'm connected right now if people want to join in and talk

hyumitsa
January 21st, 2010, 01:16
I'm on right now. Its Quite User Ugly xorn I'm connected right now if people want to join in and talk

Wait, what? How do I connect to you and through what medium?

xaotik1
January 21st, 2010, 01:21
that address is wrong, could you retype it. . .maybe a typo

the address is always 4 four-letter words. . .

xaotik1
January 21st, 2010, 01:28
nm Quiet not quite

Ksathra
January 21st, 2010, 01:33
Right Sorry. Its Quiet User Ugly xorn.

Andrepartthree
January 21st, 2010, 15:17
Hey he'll still be able to cast healing spells - eventually :P ... and we have a wizard/cleric good , good ! :)

Seriously guys when the game starts we should REALLY think about pooling our money and buying at least one wand of cure light wounds.. if nothing else our gray elf wizard/cleric can use it to heal us (not sure if any character class can pick up and use a wand? I was under the impression it was arcane spellcasters only but I could be wrong...) , at a class level this low we have only so many spells (healing or otherwise) per day we can cast...

Just a heads up to the other players, i'm switching characters to a Halfling Paladin, Ksathra has signed off on this.

Just in case anyone had any big plans for the Druid or something :P

Ksathra
January 21st, 2010, 17:27
there is a skill called Use magic Device which lets you use Wands at a DC of 20. Rogues and a few other classes get it. Otherwise a spellcaster can use wands of any spell in their spellist no mater what the level or if they ever used that spell before or even know it. I think thats all the rules around wands. Some have activation words though and you have to figure what it is. And if you find a wand there is not always some indication as to what it does.

Ksathra
January 21st, 2010, 17:28
If everyone could have there characters done and ready to be played by Tuesday I'll be able to look them over. Thanks

ReikaMichiko
January 21st, 2010, 18:29
there is a skill called Use magic Device which lets you use Wands at a DC of 20. Rogues and a few other classes get it. Otherwise a spellcaster can use wands of any spell in their spellist no mater what the level or if they ever used that spell before or even know it. I think thats all the rules around wands. Some have activation words though and you have to figure what it is. And if you find a wand there is not always some indication as to what it does.

actually its dc 20+spell level if you are using UMD and its not on your classes spell list

you can use any scroll / wand thats on your spell class list as long as your caster level is the caster level of the item, if its not the UMD DC is spell level + 1. Hence why i took 1 level wizard 1 level cleric :)

Ksathra
January 21st, 2010, 18:36
I only see Wands as Dc 20 and Scrolls as DC 20+caster level (not to mention with scrolls you still need to have the ability score high enough to cast that spell as if you were a caster. Or again fake that with UMD)

The DC 20+Spell level is to decipher a written spell.

ReikaMichiko
January 21st, 2010, 21:46
I only see Wands as Dc 20 and Scrolls as DC 20+caster level (not to mention with scrolls you still need to have the ability score high enough to cast that spell as if you were a caster. Or again fake that with UMD)

The DC 20+Spell level is to decipher a written spell.

238 of DMG for scrolls , and i mistyped its the caster level of the scroll + 1 not spell level +1

Pheonix-IV
January 22nd, 2010, 06:29
Hey he'll still be able to cast healing spells - eventually :P ... and we have a wizard/cleric good , good ! :)

Actually he won't, i'm only taking Paladin for 5 levels to get the mount, and he doesn't have a high enough wisdom to get a bonus level 1 Paladin spell.

Seriously guys when the game starts we should REALLY think about pooling our money and buying at least one wand of cure light wounds.. if nothing else our gray elf wizard/cleric can use it to heal us (not sure if any character class can pick up and use a wand? I was under the impression it was arcane spellcasters only but I could be wrong...) , at a class level this low we have only so many spells (healing or otherwise) per day we can cast...

To use a Wand you just need to have the spell on your spell list. So if X wants to cast a level 3 spell from a wand, so long as X has that spell on his spell list and is capable of casting level 3 spells, he can use the wand.

If he doesn't meet the appropriate criteria, then he can use the wand with a Use Magic Device check, which is why high level Rogues often end up being the party healers, because most Rogues max UMD and thus rapidly hit the point where they can use wands of cure light with a 100% success rate.

Ksathra
January 22nd, 2010, 12:50
but no mater what the wand is its always a UMD DC 20

Andrepartthree
January 22nd, 2010, 15:02
Do we have an FG calendar up and running yet? :)

Ok So still trying to get all this straight. Got
Andrepartthree (half-elf rogue)
Mikker0 (Wizard/Cleric Gray Elf)
hyumitsa (Dwarven Barbarian)
xaotis1 (Goliath Fighter )
Pheonix-IV ( halfling Paladin)

ReikaMichiko
January 22nd, 2010, 15:13
Do we have an FG calendar up and running yet? :)
why do we need 1

Andrepartthree
January 22nd, 2010, 22:53
would help so we can tell at a glance who is playing what, if any given player can make it on a given game day session or not, I find it helps the DM a lot - plus communication is a good thing :)

Ksathra
January 22nd, 2010, 23:58
dunno what the FG calendar is but I've never seen to need one yet. does not sound like that much a bad idea though.

Andrepartthree
January 23rd, 2010, 00:42
Help ! pheonix do you know how to set up an FG calendar? I don't .... :(

dunno what the FG calendar is but I've never seen to need one yet. does not sound like that much a bad idea though.

Ksathra
January 23rd, 2010, 02:24
Why did you suggest something that you dont even know about :P

Pheonix-IV
January 23rd, 2010, 02:41
Rofl.

The calendar is easy, click on the little button to go to it from the forum index, click 'create new campaign', type in stuff, then send invites to dudes.

Andrepartthree
January 23rd, 2010, 05:25
Why did you suggest something that you dont even know about :P

Not used to DM'ing on FG only know about it from the player's point of view :( .. from the player's point of view (I've experienced it as a player not as a DM running it if that makes sense) it is way useful though ;)

Anyways I tried to start an FG calendar for us, no good it automatically defaults to me as the listed gamesmaster :( so Ksartha would have to start it for us... Ksartha just go to this link

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp

And look for the "create new campaign" words in orange below and to the right of "create new campaign"

Andrepartthree
January 23rd, 2010, 23:24
Ksarthra put up an FG calendar but listed it as "private" which is the only reason I'm not re-posting the link to it directly here on the forum thread - xaotik1 , Pheonix-IV , Mikker you all got invites to it here on FG right ? :) So far I'm the only player listed as active on it :(

Andrepartthree
January 26th, 2010, 03:44
Guys I am SO sorry I'm going to have to drop out of the campaign :( .. let me know if you need me to actively recruit any additional players for you, I feel bad about this ! :(

Ksathra
January 26th, 2010, 09:59
Aww. Well Thats alright. Better now then just after the first game I guess. We are still 4 and thats fine for the first game though I will look into getting another player.

If anyone other then the 4 that are playing wants in on the game Post or send me an IM.

Andrepartthree
January 26th, 2010, 15:33
Just recently found out that though he prefers tome of battle Johan will consider just core rulebooks (a wizard maybe, think you guys are lacking one of those) - I e-mailed him to advise him that you have a slot open now ;) .. if Johan is interested though Ksartha remember to send him an invite to the FG calendar so he can apply on it ;) ( I'm not the kind of person who worries TOO much eh? :P )

Aww. Well Thats alright. Better now then just after the first game I guess. We are still 4 and thats fine for the first game though I will look into getting another player.

If anyone other then the 4 that are playing wants in on the game Post or send me an IM.

Ksathra
January 26th, 2010, 18:31
Johan pulled out because he could not do wednesdays

Phaldun
January 26th, 2010, 23:55
I would like to create a character and join your world if it would please yall. Just tell what to do and how I would create my character in your world. I am available any day of the week durring the day. More than likely, my time difference with you would put me behind your time several hours, but that would work out since I am free durring the day.

Get back at me.

Hawaii Time Zone.

Phaldun

Ksathra
January 27th, 2010, 04:25
Sent you a PM about the game and stuff. Hope you join

Ksathra
January 27th, 2010, 10:58
Alright those 4 that are playing this Wednesday I need characters. I'll have FG logged on and ready if you all want to work on characters or something. I want to look them over before we start if I can. I should have FG up and wait right now. Check the Calender is you want the pass.

belewda
January 27th, 2010, 16:16
You wouldn't happen to have another spot open for this game, would you? A wednesday night game would be great!

Ksathra
January 27th, 2010, 16:38
I've not heard back from Phaldun yet. So I'm not sure if he is joining. I'll put you on the waiting list until I hear that he is not joining.

belewda
January 27th, 2010, 16:52
groovy. just let me know if the spot is open and i'll gladly join. I'll try to fill whatever role is missing from the party.

ReikaMichiko
January 27th, 2010, 20:26
We need a god in a group... dont have one of those yet
*edit* will settle for demi god

belewda
January 27th, 2010, 22:05
I was kinda leaning toward a demi-god... in the form of a psion. Of course, if the party could use a wizard, I'm game for that as well. I thought you, Mikker0, were a wizard/cleric... which one you going to concentrate on?

Ksathra
January 27th, 2010, 22:18
Do you have Skype or FGII bought?

belewda
January 27th, 2010, 22:20
I've got FG II and have played a few games through it. I don't have skype set up on this machine but have an account and can get it running in a few minutes... assuming i can find my mic.

Ksathra
January 27th, 2010, 22:28
ok well you can log in on FGII quiet user ugly xorn

belewda
January 27th, 2010, 22:39
needed a FGII update... downloading and installing it now. then i'll pop on.

ReikaMichiko
January 28th, 2010, 01:49
needed a FGII update... downloading and installing it now. then i'll pop on.

3-4 hours later...

belewda
January 28th, 2010, 15:28
I logged in, said hello, hung around for 15-20 minutes and watched what was going on. I was hoping to get some direction from Ksathra on how to proceed (stats for the character, skype info). Unfortunately, real world reared it's ugly head before I could start pestering him about it and I had to run off to get some work done.

The work thing was a rather unique circumstance that shouldn't happen again. I'd still be interested in playing, if there's still an open spot. I'll put together a character and be ready to go next wednesday.

Ksathra
January 28th, 2010, 19:10
Ok. dont think the spots will fill up. One of the group is not responding, not sure whats happened.

xaotik1
January 28th, 2010, 19:44
Well, those of us who showed enjoyed it :) I must admit that I probably need real armor though. . .and a ring of sustenance :)

ReikaMichiko
January 28th, 2010, 20:23
Well, those of us who showed enjoyed it :) I must admit that I probably need real armor though. . .and a ring of sustenance :)

I had fun, little slow to start, but what new game doesnt take off slow lol?

Ksathra
January 28th, 2010, 23:25
yeah. I'm never good with starting them. I missed the starting of yours Adam so I dont even know if it was slow. Though I find it funny how your taking your time so you can make more money, very Chaotic Act.

xaotik1
January 29th, 2010, 02:31
Heh,I'm still filing a grievance with the steward though :)

ReikaMichiko
January 29th, 2010, 03:30
I'd just like to say again , i had a great time... and id be very very upset if for some reason we didnt continue to play.

*cleans barrel of gun*

Ksathra
January 29th, 2010, 12:04
Why would we stop. even if we only have 3 players I'll continue you on the game. I might through in an NPC, but there are 2 others that want to join anyway.

Slothman11
January 29th, 2010, 18:44
Hi, I would like to join if you guys are accepting players.

I haven't played a game on FG yet, but I'm desperate for a d&d game, and I can play at 5 on wednesdays (EMT).

Anyway, I thought I'd ask since you guys seem like you're down a player or something.

Ksathra
January 29th, 2010, 21:57
We have 3 players that showed up at our last/first game. We have one player that has not responded in a while, and have 2 people that are probably going to be joining next game and now including slothman that makes 2 people that I could put on a waiting list.

ReikaMichiko
January 29th, 2010, 22:03
We have 3 players that showed up at our last/first game. We have one player that has not responded in a while, and have 2 people that are probably going to be joining next game and now including slothman that makes 2 people that I could put on a waiting list.

well why dont we have slothman make up a character and be on standby just incase we have no shows again

xaotik1
January 29th, 2010, 23:15
Could make it first come first serve as well. At least that way we get to keep the players that actually make the effort to show up on time. As far as I am concerned, the "players" that never showed before should get no special treatment. It's not like any of them had the decency to let us know that they weren't going to show, after all.

Frankly, I'm not too worried about relative skill levels with FG either. It's easy enough to learn the basics in a single session anyway:)

Ksathra
January 30th, 2010, 00:29
yeah I dont mind people new to FG I'm new to FG after all. I do want people that know D&d rather well though.

Slothman11
January 30th, 2010, 16:10
Well, I have some experience with d&d, but not a lot. I've only played 2 groups before, one of them all beginners when we stumbled upon d&d, and the other with a few experienced players and another beginner. I've never had an issue understanding anything though, and I'm a quick learner.

I'll definitely go ahead and make a character and submit it to you guys, and you can just let me know what you decide about who gets to play.

What kind of characters are already in the party? So I don't copy anyone. I usually play a halfling rogue, but I'm not opposed to changing to whatever the party needs.

xaotik1
January 30th, 2010, 18:18
Well, last session we had a halfling paladin, a goliath bararian, and a cleric. We've not got a rogue in line as far as I know, so I don't think there should be a problem.

Slothman11
January 30th, 2010, 18:48
Ok, then I'll go ahead and make a rogue. I do have a question though; what are faults? I don't remember anything about them, so if you could explain them real quick or tell me which book its in that would be great. I also don't know what level adjustment is.

I'm sorry, I'm still new.

ReikaMichiko
January 31st, 2010, 02:06
Ok, then I'll go ahead and make a rogue. I do have a question though; what are faults? I don't remember anything about them, so if you could explain them real quick or tell me which book its in that would be great. I also don't know what level adjustment is.

I'm sorry, I'm still new.

flaws not faults, are found in unearthed arcana , and do some massive penalties like -2 to attack, or -5 to initiative ... but in exchange u get an extra feat

... btw im a cleric/wizard not just a cleric

xaotik1
January 31st, 2010, 02:16
Sorry, I didn't mean to misrepresent you :)

ReikaMichiko
January 31st, 2010, 02:50
Its fine... ill just murder ur character in his sleep... no big

Ksathra
January 31st, 2010, 03:01
I'll talk to you more on skype

Raznok193
February 2nd, 2010, 04:35
i doubt theres any room left but id figured id ask

im now free on Wednesdays cause i dropped my irl campaign and i was wondering if i could jump in on this one

dragon1976
February 2nd, 2010, 15:03
hi im an old 2.0 dm/player and has spent some time learning 3.5 i have all the books on pdf so not much to worry about there actually its far more simpliar then the old 2.0 rules witch i loved but slowed the game dramatically ....i have no problem to play i havent jumped into a pen and paper for some time i have a good character generator that helps build chracters fast ....be happy to play im on this timeline UTC/GMT +10 hours in austalia witch i think should be fine .....if there is any room im intrested in mages /sorcere /and drows but what ever you need to balance the game more ill be happy to forfill.......end me a message or email me on [email protected] ill jump on today

ReikaMichiko
February 2nd, 2010, 17:53
i doubt theres any room left but id figured id ask

im now free on Wednesdays cause i dropped my irl campaign and i was wondering if i could jump in on this one

I vote raznok in!!!!

Ksathra
February 2nd, 2010, 19:39
Ok. I remember saying this in chat to people but I forget to put it up here. But I dont want Psionic characters in my game it messes up the plot later on too much.

There are so many Applicants and Raznok will be taking up one of the slots seeing as I personally asked him as one of the first people, as long as he can get a character made by this game night.

There is one more slot open and I'll be picking the person that gets me there character concept now and that I approve it.

Raznok193
February 2nd, 2010, 21:00
character is done and all ready for tomorrow =D

Ksathra
February 2nd, 2010, 21:43
ok. seems like its either Belewda or Dragon1976 that might be our 5th players. Depends on who gets me a character and I can approve it first.

Ksathra
February 3rd, 2010, 17:34
I'm connected now is people want to sign in and work on characters or talk

belewda
February 3rd, 2010, 20:28
Hey, sorry for the lack of communication. I think I'll back out and let the other guy have the spot. I've realised that I've got too much going on to devote the time to it that I should. Thanks, and I hope you guys have a good game!

Ksathra
February 3rd, 2010, 21:09
Ok So that only leave Dragon1976 for the 5th player. I'm On FGII code is Quiet User Ugly Xorn. I'm also on Skype and Added you if you'd like to talk about character and put your character up onto FG

dragon1976
February 4th, 2010, 03:45
sorry could not make the session trying to get around the time frame i just reliazed it to be 8:00 am in the morning for me when its 5:00 pm for the dm and i get up around 10 am so ill need to make some adjusements if you still be intrested in another chacter that depending if my chacter is still legal ....so sorry no session for me this week ill try to make it next time :{ and yeah i read the fourms but still did not understand the time frame until now :{ anyways ill get all that sorted not sure my chacter is going to fit with a paladin eckkk i hate goodie two shoes can always change it to suit however

ReikaMichiko
February 4th, 2010, 14:34
tell me i start the same level as everyone else... :(

*edit* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOO

WHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

DAMNIT theres a great bard feat in the eberron campaign setting book, gah im starting to really hate this ban

Ksathra
February 4th, 2010, 16:50
those joining the game start at level 3 now yeah.

ReikaMichiko
February 4th, 2010, 19:16
soo dieing sucked... but my new character is going to be kinda like kaiji , always has passive group buffs running and such, as well as some killer active ones

Raznok193
February 5th, 2010, 04:25
kewl, thats going to be awesome

ReikaMichiko
February 6th, 2010, 01:36
Gah cant wait to play now , our grp is going to OWN

xaotik1
February 7th, 2010, 22:37
heh, let the whuppins commence

Ksathra
February 8th, 2010, 01:11
Well just be careful not to kill the person.

Jadryk
February 11th, 2010, 04:08
If you decide to run a campaign on any days except Monday or Wed, please let me know. I'm EST as well, but am in Paramedic Academy Mon/Wed from 1800-2200. I'm 32, used to play 2.5 years ago and very much want to get back into it.

Thanks
Jad

Ksathra
February 11th, 2010, 07:44
I'm afraid D&D takes up too many of my days already. I play on tuesday nights and Run on Wednesday and Friday, though I've been canceling my friday to work allot lately.

I'm thinking of starting up a new game earlier Wednesday actually but I'm going to be working out the idea over the next few days.

Ksathra
February 11th, 2010, 07:49
Going to post a recap for what happened so I can remember and stuff.

Pc's secured the thief that turned out to be a girl and brought her to the church went back and were given a mission to head off to the west lake gnome village and headed over to the island in the middle of west lake. From there they went down into the lake and found there way to an air pocket which seems to have been slightly flooded but still in good shape.

They fight through a couple fish people and some other vermin finding little in prize but are soon informed by the person they are escorting that they are somewhere near the hidden treasury of the once floating castle that created the lake when it fell to earth. Pc's are now discussing what to do about possible future findings and Liadon has been poisoned taking 3 str damage

ReikaMichiko
February 19th, 2010, 05:30
pulling out of the game, decided to run another group

Ksathra
February 19th, 2010, 11:34
Um ok. I'm sorry to hear that, but cant say its a surprise with your comments of late. Hope its nothing too personal.

Raznok193
February 20th, 2010, 18:21
sorry about missing this week guys, a transformer(sp?) went out around 4pm on my street and our power was out for the rest of the night

really wish i coulda made it =\

Raznok193
February 23rd, 2010, 04:49
im srry to say this but im gonna have to drop out as well, i just recently got a job and ill be working on Wednesdays from now on

Ksathra
February 23rd, 2010, 14:25
Wow... Ok. I'm really glad I got new players in here then... We are still 4 players now. But I'll have to ask that others join up. So I'll go through all the posts to see who was interested and see if they still are.

If Anyone is interested in Joining I have a slot or Two open again it seems.

Smasher
February 23rd, 2010, 21:56
I would love to play but would need some patient coaching. I've played D&D, but haven't used the new interface. I could play from like 5:30pm est M-F, but I'd need to either roll a fresh char or take over an existing char already in place, whatever worked best for you.

CrimsonChampion
February 25th, 2010, 23:33
I'd like to join. I'm buds with two of the people already in the game. I've had quite a few d&d games now over fg and I'd like to think I've gotten the hang of it. I could make the time most days of the week. I'm good with making a char or taking one over. I can take on pretty much anything that's not a rogue... oddly I don't take well to 'em.... though I can take a wack at it if necessary. I've also got skype and all that jazz too.

CrimsonChampion.

Ksathra
February 26th, 2010, 03:36
Ok. Well I'd really Rather have people that can show up on time. So I'll Send you guys some PM's

xaotik1
February 26th, 2010, 22:57
Ya, Crimsons good people. He's probably crazy enough to blend right in to the current insanity :)

The Overlord
February 27th, 2010, 03:14
Hello,
Seems to be alot of interest in this campaign, and I was wondering if you had need of another drop-in? Another player recommended your game, and thought I would like to try it out. If you have room, drop me a PM.
Thanks.

Ksathra
February 27th, 2010, 13:11
Ok Well we have our 5 people again. I'd like to keep it at 5, So That leaves 2 others that are interested in joining if there is an opening. I'll put you on a waiting list if there is anything that happens that makes there be an opening.

linken
March 6th, 2010, 21:40
Yello everone, im a newb to FG but have played a couple of D&D games before so not a total newb. I may need help to make a character cause, well... about 5 years was my last game. also a question, is it possible for a custom race in this campaign??? Also timezone is GMT -5:00

linken
March 6th, 2010, 23:28
nevcermind, got a job that takes up most of my time, cant play:(

Ksathra
April 1st, 2010, 00:20
Dunno whats been going on here... Why are people not showing for the Game anymore?

pOcHa
April 6th, 2010, 21:46
i'm willing to participate - been playing for years, was a dm couple of times and i'm already familiar with pbp (play by post) heavy roleplaying style or the generic vtt "i hit the dude" kind of play (dont know whats yours) and know my way around fg2, gmt+1

Ksathra
April 6th, 2010, 21:59
Love how you posted the exact same thing on Bob's Forum place. :P But sure you got skype?

pOcHa
April 6th, 2010, 22:22
yes but nvm, just now seen in your second post that your on est time, that doesn't work for me after all, sorry...

Ksathra
April 14th, 2010, 23:04
Game Canceled for Good. Sorry people