PDA

View Full Version : Would this modification to the chat be difficult?

adminwheel3
January 9th, 2010, 02:14
It would be nice for there to be a logical test which removed the space following the character name for /em commands if first characters are 's

For example /em 's eyes widen as she realizes that she is now the front line.

"Liadan's eyes widen as she realizes that she is now the front line."

Rather than:

"Liadan 's eyes widen...."

It's a small thing, but it would make the chat log a lot nicer for us roleplaying nerds.

And while I'm wishing, I'd like the ability to have more than one word for /mood.

Leonal
January 9th, 2010, 02:30
You can have more than one word with /mood.

Just put the mood description between parentheses "/mood (very moody) I'm moody".

Foen
January 9th, 2010, 05:35
As to the question about trimming the spaces, I don't think it is doable within a ruleset because the /em command is handled directly by the FG engine IIRC, which means it would need to be an FG engine change.

While that is possible, I'm not sure everyone would want it (the 's syntax is only relevant for English), so it would probably need to have an associated option.

A good half-way house would be for the FG engine to expose /em to the ruleset (onDeliverMessage), and then leave it up to the ruleset developers to implement, or not.

Foen

adminwheel3
January 9th, 2010, 15:15
Ah - I didn't realize the part about the parens - thanks for the help on that.

Now as far as the 's....if only we had an inside man with access to the game engine and experience working with a rule system....hmmm.

He would have to be charming though and have children...generous with his time.

<sigh>

I guess it will never happen....

;-)