PDA

View Full Version : I am looking for a game

steelonice
January 8th, 2010, 03:08
Hi,

I am looking for a 3.5 game to join, i have played D&D 3.5 and 2 AD&D, but i have never really used fantasy grounds in a game, if you need a person in your game send me an e-mail at [email protected]

Sala
January 8th, 2010, 05:06
Same here, I have a lot of exp with 3.5. I bought the 4th edition books and was not too impressed. I would love to play a 3.5 game. I have played FG1 several years back and found it to be an awesome way to play dnd with friends that moved away. I was going to buy the FG2 license but I am getting a bad impression about being able to get into games.

theblackrood
January 8th, 2010, 12:42
It is hard to find games :( . I love FG2, but i'm starting to wonder what the average waiting time to get in a game is.

Valarian
January 8th, 2010, 13:06
Depends how picky you are as to system and your availability. There are games being advertised in the Guild House. GMs will also tend to pick up on threads like this if they're looking for players. However, the same in true on FGII than in real life - there are more players wanting to play than GMs running games. This seems to be true even though, from the Annual Report, more Full licenses are sold.

It would be useful to searching GMs if you put your availability in a signature or, at least, your location so that your time zone can be seen.

If interest is there, I'd be willing to perhaps start up a Castles and Crusades (https://www.trolllord.com/cnc/ccqs.html) game on a Saturday evening. This'd be around 8pm UK time (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=9&month=1&year=2010&hour=20&min=0&sec=0&p1=136). Players wouldn't need to buy anything to play, but I'd ask that the quick start rules (linked above) are read before play. C&C is a mix of Basic rules D&D and 3rd edition. It has the simplicity of Basic D&D without the horrendous THAC0 system.

Answulf
January 9th, 2010, 04:59
It has nothing to do with FG2; the world needs more GMs and they don't appear out of thin air - they come from players who decide to give it a shot and then realize how much fun it is.

So there is an obvious solution - step up to the plate and GM a game yourself!

Easier said than done, I know, and in the long run it's not for everyone. However, I can just about guarantee you that most GMs get started that way - they can't find a GM so they step up and run a game themselves, then they are hooked. If you're really set on playing instead of GMing, you could always get together a group of players willing to alternate GM duty so that you are all playing 3 out of 4 sessions, or whatever.

If it's any incentive, being a GM is like having a Golden Ticket - one of the best things about being a GM is that you can get a game any time you want. GMs post a new game on here and are having to turn players away within a few days. You can pick the day, the time, the system, and the campaign world you prefer - and you will have to beat off players with a stick. And here's another bonus - when you are running a long-term campaign with a good group of players, it's pretty common to alternate GMing, too, so that you wind up playing as well.

There's three of you just in this one small thread already - you guys could be playing tomorrow night if one of you was willing to GM! Just sayin'... and there's a good chance that at least one of you would find out you really enjoy it and decide to become a part-time or full-time GM and be set on games for life! :)

theblackrood
January 10th, 2010, 13:59
Thanks Ansbach, it's something to chew on.