PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Annual Report

ddavison
January 7th, 2010, 21:15
Even though we are a private company, I thought the community would like to know a little bit about the health of the company as time goes by. Hopefully we will be able to post each year about the growth we've seen.

Annual Report 2009 (https://www.smiteworks.com/press/AnnualReport2009.htm)

unerwünscht
January 7th, 2010, 22:55
Quick question on those stats. Are the licenses listed just last year or overall?

I only ask cause they are not the numbers I expected to see either way. I expected less for last year, and more total. I also expected a much larger variation between full and lite licenses.

Oberoten
January 7th, 2010, 23:11
I am impressed by the openness this shows. And by the numbers as well.

- Obe

ddavison
January 8th, 2010, 01:03
Quick question on those stats. Are the licenses listed just last year or overall?

I only ask cause they are not the numbers I expected to see either way. I expected less for last year, and more total. I also expected a much larger variation between full and lite licenses.

Those are for the lifetime of the company with development and comp licenses removed. I expected a bigger difference on full and lite as well. Getting those kinds of numbers for a single year would be possible I believe. Hopefully we can build up to that level or exceed it if the right things fall into place.

Sigurd
January 8th, 2010, 01:54
I think you're doing great things with the company. No disrespect to the previous management but I think you're putting the company on its feet and I hope you have lots of growth and a profitable run.

Sigurd

unerwünscht
January 8th, 2010, 02:23
Those are for the lifetime of the company with development and comp licenses removed. I expected a bigger difference on full and lite as well. Getting those kinds of numbers for a single year would be possible I believe. Hopefully we can build up to that level or exceed it if the right things fall into place.

I agree 100% I think you can and will do more than 20,000 licenses in a year. But you have only been the owner for 3 months, and there is no way the previous owners could have done that. I honestly had estimated there market to be around 45,000 since 2004.

I would also say don't get discouraged if 2010 is not a good year. You bought FG right at the same time that the economy is starting to recover. Sales should be on an up turn right at the moment, but I honestly expect a short drop off again in a few months that will last a few months. Or at least that is what we are projecting for our business, but we do have a slightly different market :)

VenomousFiligree
January 3rd, 2011, 14:09
Looking forward to seeing how 2010's been. :)

ddavison
January 4th, 2011, 05:03
I have a few more accounting items to work through but I plan to issue another annual report for 2010 as well. In short... it's been a good year, and the company and our user base continues to grow.