PDA

View Full Version : Translation of skills on a character sheet

kodama
January 7th, 2010, 07:37
Hello everyone,

I've just bought FG2 and the cthulhu ruleset.

Great stuff!

I discover it and I want to translate some of the skills on the character sheet... because I'm french and ... so are my players!

I have read some thread about that already on the forum... but none helped me.

I found in the "Application data folder" 3 file with the skills describe in it:
1 .xml and 2 .lua, I replaced in every file the words I wanted to translate... relaunch the FG2 app, open a new character sheet, but nothing change!

I'll be very gratefull if somebody can help me.

Thank you and sorry for my poor english skill :o .

sdompy
January 7th, 2010, 17:52
Il faut venir ici :

*Edited* -- link removed upon request for copyright issues.

Nous avons déjà un ruleset en français.

Foen
January 7th, 2010, 18:33
Hi Kodama

I think you also need to amend the extension if you are using Dark Ages, Modern, or 1890s.

If there is a modified ruleset available in French, not developed by you, you should be very careful because using it will breach copyright and licence rules, and is illegal.

Stuart

kodama
January 7th, 2010, 20:09
Foen> :D thank you, I found the .ext files in the "extensions" folder but I can't read it, it is not human readable like .xml and .lua... So I don't know what to do with it :confused: .
Should I open these file with a specific software that can interpret it?

Sdompy> thank you also, I've registered on your forum today. But I will try to do it by myself before... If I don't succed I guess I will try your ruleset.

drahkar
January 7th, 2010, 20:18
The .ext is like the .pak files. They are zip files that were renamed. You should be able to open it up in winrar or a similar program.

kodama
January 7th, 2010, 20:33
drahkar> ;) It works!!! Thank you very much... Time to play now!!