PDA

View Full Version : [Savage Worlds] Amazing Adventures!

malachi666
January 6th, 2010, 17:33
The year is 1930 and the world is just like our own. The Depression is beginning to sink in and hurt America hard. Prohibition is in effect, with no end in sight, and organized crime is on the rise.

Yet this world is slightly different, this is the world of the Pulps!

Hello, I would like to welcome you to the first blazing issue of Amazing Adventure. This campaign will be run as if it were a pulp fiction magazine from the 1930's. The idea for this game will be an on going campaign, where adventures and stories are run in an episodic fashion. The first story will be one of adventure and exotic locals.

I am looking for a small group of 3-4 players that are interested in taking part in this series. Pulp gaming is meant to be fast, furious, and fun. I will be using the Savage Worlds Explorers Edition with some material from the various Pulp themed setting books (Ravage Earth, Thrilling Tales 2nd Ed, etc.)

The campaign will start in San Fransisco in 1930 and the PC's will start at Seasoned rank. Unlike the pulps I would like to encourage character development over the long term. Experience progression will be relatively slow as I don't want super heroes.

What I am planning on doing in the long run is to cross genres. I would like to start in the Adventure/Action/Treasure Hunter genre and then progress along while adding different genre types as we go, where appropriate. I am not planning on going from a gritty streat level campaign through to rocket ranger stuff. But I woulld like to use horror, some mild SciFi, and some weirdness. Now if as we continue along and the group decides to to change it up a bit and maybe introduce new characters in a different setting/genre then we can do that, but I would like the entire group to agree. (This I figure will be a long way off)

I prefer to use VOIP because it emulates real tabletop gaming and ensure that things mover along at a good pace. I found in the past that text based gaming drags along at a slow pace and you arn't sure if someone is afk. I currently use Skype, but I have used Teamspeak in the past as well. (I don't have a server though).

I am looking for mature players, I am 34 myself and have been gaming since my teens. I have GM'd alot in all those years. There may be some finer points in the SW rules that i have not yet mastered, but this shouldn't cause any difficulty.

Game Summary

System: Savage Worlds Explorers Edition (I have this ruleset in FG)
Day/Time: Monday Nights starting on the 11th/8:00 p.m. EST
Number of Players: 3-4 (5 max if there is a ton of interest)
Starting Rank: Seasoned
Genre: Action/Adventure to start
VOIP?: Yes (Skype preferred, it's free!)

Slot 001: mac40k
Slot 002: harsten
Slot 003: vodokar
Slot 004: Lysander

If you are interested in playing please post below. Also, there are two of you out there I have been in contact with via email.

harsten
January 7th, 2010, 01:55
I'm one of the ones who has been in touch via email, and I am definitely interested. Mondays work for me, as does Skype. Do you want character concepts ahead of time?

vodokar
January 7th, 2010, 03:20
Count me in.

malachi666
January 8th, 2010, 01:46
OK, just to let you know. I am planning on running this game every other Monday night. This was due to a concern that a player had and I also realized that playing every Monday night might be problematic.

vodokar
January 9th, 2010, 06:28
Malachi666,

As I indicated to you the other night, I plan to play a hard boiled private eye in the style of Sam Spade/Mike Hammer.

I will have an office in whatever our home city is, and a secretary to handle the phones, gather research and coordinate things. As it's depression era, we are just scraping by, meal to meal, and trying to keep the doors open, of course. If one of the other players wants to, I could work with one partner in the business probably.

malachi666
January 9th, 2010, 15:14
vodokar, this sounds great. I was in communication with one other player via the private messaging on these forums and he had an interesting idea that would work with your character.

OK, to those on the list my email is chambers(dot)jeremy(at)gmail(dot)com. Please email me and indicate in your subject line your FG forum user name. I will then let you all know the server address and my skype name. Also if you could include your skype name in your email that would be great. Now some of you have already comunicated your character ideas to me. If you could include that information in your email that would be great.

malachi666
January 10th, 2010, 01:21
Just wanted to to let everyone know that i am changing the adventure I was originally planning on running. Your characters are still fine. In fact this should fit the character idea's better.