PDA

View Full Version : Experimental Test Subjects,Err Volunteers

Helios1001
January 5th, 2010, 22:15
Hello

While I'm not new to Tabletop gaming I am fairly new to Fantasy Grounds (only having played one game a few years ago that I had to give up due to working shifts!). I'm really tired of playing MMOs and am finding it hard to find a tabletop game in my area. I have a much more settled job now and have some time to devote to my old hobby of RPGs.

I mostly GM and would eventually like to run a campaign using FG2 either Call of Cthulhu or Mongoose Traveller. With that in mind I'd like to run as aone shot of the CoC adventure the Haunting. I've looked at the FG2 User manual (I have a full licence and intend to purchae the CoC ruleset), and it seems fairly straight forward.

Basically I'm looking for some volunteers to help me figure out the software by playing a game. If they are experienced FG2 GMs that would be a plus, to give me some tips and help correct my (hopefully initial) bumbling ineptitude. I don't care if you've played The Haunting before (most CoC players will have) its just a dry run to help me get the hang of it.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I'm available most days, fridays and saturdays are out as I spend those with my GF, I'm usually home in the late afternoon, early evenings on sundays and I'm GMT.

Helios1001
January 6th, 2010, 06:37
I now have the Call of Cthulhu ruleset, still no takers?

Foen
January 6th, 2010, 07:02
Hi Helios

I'd be happy to help with a one- or two-shot game, and I'm GMT, but times might be a problem (fitting stuff around RL).

I can definitely do weekend early mornings (7am to 10am) and short bouts weekday evenings (10pm for an hour), but other times would require Permission.

I'm quite familiar with the ruleset.

Stuart

Foen
January 6th, 2010, 07:14
PS. You might also want to try posting over at the Yog-Sothoth Forums on their Electronic Card Gaming sub-forum:

https://www.yog-sothoth.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=34

Stuart

Valarian
January 6th, 2010, 08:18
We're playing a Dark Ages CoC game on Sunday nights (8pm UK time) and the group also does Traveller from time to time. The time is good for a number of time zones, depending on availability on Sunday evening/afternoon. There's room in the boat for one more, I believe there's still one of the pre-generated characters left (a saga-master I think).

zabulus
January 6th, 2010, 15:16
I'm GMT+1 and I'd be willing to place on a sunday evening. I'd just have to know in advance when (say, a week?) for, you know, Permission :)

I have NO experience in CoC games whatsoever, but I am GM-ing a 2nd edition AD&D game using the D20 ruleset with some friends regularly.

borusa32
January 10th, 2010, 18:00
If Sunday nights at 8pm GMT are good for you we would be glad to have you aboard.

Cearlan
January 10th, 2010, 19:57
I too would be interested providing it is sooner rather than later in the month. I am also GMT, and have both FGII and the CoC ruleset.

Whilst I would never class myself as ecperienced with this progeamme I am working towards running a campaign pulling parts from SoYS; DofB and Masks with a few other scenarion linked in.

I am looking to start this at the beginning of February - hence my saying yes if it starts sooner.

CoC - wise; I been playing / keeping since the late 80's

Let me know if you are interested in having me as a player or even as a player in mine come February ... (I have 2 or 3 already and haven't been pushing it just yet.)

cpbs
January 11th, 2010, 16:30
Opps wrong post, ignore my absent mindedness :)