PDA

View Full Version : Tokens now crashing program

Bert Blaine
December 31st, 2009, 16:48
since today's update when i open my token folder, the program crashes.
I have hundreds of tokens. I did load a smaller campaign with only 100 or so tokens and it did fine.

ddavison
December 31st, 2009, 16:54
What is the maximum number of tokens you have in a single folder? I have tested with 1600+ tokens but they were spread across multiple folders.

By today's update, I assume you mean 2.6.4 that was pushed out about 10 minutes ago? I want to make sure it isn't something that may have been a problem in earlier instances as well.

Thanks.

Bert Blaine
December 31st, 2009, 16:59
yes i just updated before i posted.

although i have had the recurent problem with a single player who cant see tokens unless he didconects and reconnects.
i have never had my program crash after opening the token folder before.

i would guess i have no more than 150 tokens each, in most of about 10 subfolders tops.

Bert Blaine
December 31st, 2009, 17:07
i have loaded multiple campaigns, and it doesnt always crashright away, but after moving a few tokens or zooming or shuffling it crashes.
I can do other thing just fine just cant open the token box without problems.

ddavison
December 31st, 2009, 17:19
Ok, my first thought was that maybe they had too many in a single folder and it somehow exceeded the maximum window height value and did not gracefully fail. I tested on my end with 900 tokens in a single folder and zoomed it several times as well. It sounds like that is not the case for you though.

Are your tokens inside a module, in the host folder, the shared folder or specific to each campaign? Which ruleset are you using? I would like to try and duplicate you specific situation that leads to a crash.

Bert Blaine
December 31st, 2009, 17:28
my tokens are mostly inside the host folder, i have 6 red token bags
and the default ones
i have many tokens in each of the folders but not so many they overflow the folder when the screen is fully open.
I am using the 4E ruleset
it seems to crash if i make a new red token bag .
It does crash on all of my campaigns
including the tale of dinor foundation set

ddavison
December 31st, 2009, 17:32
Okay, I will look into creating the token bags inside FG and moving them around. I mostly use physical folder organization schemes myself.

The only other thing I can think of is that maybe there is something with the name of the token since it now displays the name when you hover over the tokens. This might be related to the issue if it has virtual folders and can't get the name for some reason.

ddavison
December 31st, 2009, 18:08
Okay, the problem seems to be related to virtual token bags and the display of the token bag name when hovering over them. I will look at putting in a fix for this shortly.

madman
December 31st, 2009, 18:40
i am also having problems with the new update. after moving around some tokens i got it to work. by the way i love the new format,zoom and whatnot. one of the campaigns i tried to add some tokens and when i reloaded the campaign there were five new token bags in the tokenbox i did not add. and now when i open the tokenbox FG crashes. i have removed all tokens and still there are four new token bags in the tokenbox and crashing every time i hover over the new token bag. and it is only that campaign others work fine.

Chris

ddavison
December 31st, 2009, 18:51
Okay, this is a significant enough issue that I've rolled back the patch for now, pending the fix for the virtual bags. Once resolved, I will post it back up for download.

ddavison
December 31st, 2009, 21:18
The patched version should now be available. You can now hover over virtual bags and move things in and out of them without the program crashing.

madman
December 31st, 2009, 23:59
Indeed you have solved the issue. Thank you for the update. love the new features, keep it up

Chris

ddavison
January 1st, 2010, 02:03
Thanks for the verification and I'm glad you like them.