PDA

View Full Version : Full or Lite

Eklinaar
December 29th, 2009, 21:08
Hello everyone. I'm considering purchasing Fantasy Grounds and I'm curious what the advantage is for purchasing Full over Lite for playing D&D 4E. Money's really tight so if I can play Lite without any trouble, I'd definitely prefer that. Thanks for your advice!

ddavison
December 29th, 2009, 21:16
If you are mostly interested in participating as a player and not a GM, you can get the Lite version and then upgrade to a Full version in the future if you want. The Lite version depends heavily upon connecting with a Full version. You will need to connect to a Full license to create any characters, for instance, and those characters will only be stored on your GM's host computer. Every time you connect with that same GM in the same campaign, you can re-activate your character and continue playing. With a full version, you could create the character off-line and retain a version of it even when disconnected from your GM's system.

The upgrade from Lite to Full is $19.95 and is available from inside of Fantasy Ground's launcher screen for Lite users.

Andugus
December 30th, 2009, 00:56
The short answer is if you are going to run a game, you'll need the full. If your DM has a full version you'll only need the light version to connect.

Doswelk
December 31st, 2009, 10:45
The short answer is if you are going to run a game, you'll need the full. If your DM has a full version you'll only need the light version to connect.
I would add that if you can afford it buy the Full version, if you buy the lite you can never be DM!

(update - forgot about the change Doug made) That said you can now buy an upgrade from Lite to Full (not sure of the costs never had to look into it).