PDA

View Full Version : 3.5e Homebrew: Redemption Doren

Sid1120
December 29th, 2009, 07:10
Hey guys,

I prepared a 3.5e campaign and will be taking players to start within the next two weeks. Anyone's welcome, even if it's your first time around FG2.

Pardon my English, I am French Canadian and can have a weird synthaxe at times.

Synopsis:
The once proud capital city of Firen has long since fallen into corruption and the filth it carries rapidly spreads to it's country side. Farmers, merchants and even aristocrates are all burdened by the thuggs running the streets.

Fortunatly for Doren, a small thorp, it's lack of ressources or commerce has safekept it's serenity, which makes your job as a town guard a whole lot easier.

A note about the plot:
Sorry if I can't reveal much in terms of plot or background. Given it's construction, my campaign will start with petty adventures concerning the thorp's safety and small events as I try to figure out each character's (Player) personnality and his relationship with the town's community. The way you, as a player, interact with the world will vastly change how the town and it's citizens regard you as a unit: do they perceive you as a force of good and protection, some lazy bastards profiting from an easy situation in the absence of any real corruption or perhaps even as a parasite intimidating townfolks into handing out "fines" for "unpaid taxes".
Things will then rapidly pick up as exterior events come to disturb your daily tasks, giving you the opportunity to either or rise to the challenge and maintain your.

Warning:
There will be a heavy emphasis on role-play and interaction with townfolks. Your alliances will need to be just as strong as your own characer's abilities.

Character Creation:
Level: 1
Books: PHB, PHB2, all Completes, DMG
Additionnal: Dont be shy to ask for approbation on other material.
Race: All characters should be human
Classes & Background: Other then a single Knight another warrior type with high charisma, which will be considered as the high-ranking officer serving full-time, all other players are considered as serving as part-time townguards, having other occupations at time in order to make ends meet (Hunting, Blacksmithy, what ever...). Gold and magic will be scare, so take that into account.
Magic: Use of arcane magic is sanctionned and all unregistered use is sanctionned by law. While Doren is a cut-off piece of land where you are considered as The Law, it's use is still seen as a bad omen.
Gold: Basic starting gold/package.

Game calendar:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=445

xaotik1
December 29th, 2009, 18:41
I applied on the gameboard, but I figured I should also let you know what sort of character I intend to run to make sure it is something you think will mesh with your concept.

I intend to make a rogue/ranger type of character. A lawman, but not just a standard thug, more of a tracker and scout. There is a ranger variation in the Unearthed Arcana called "urban ranger" that would be ideal, but I am unsure as to whether it would be allowed.

Dagnalis
December 29th, 2009, 19:01
Playing a knight sounds interesting ive never played a character with a code of some sort so if you need someone to fill that position i'll do it

Sid1120
December 30th, 2009, 22:24
Yeah, both sounds nice! I'd gladly welcome you as the knight, specially since I'm lacking players right now.

The only class I am uncomfortable with is the druid (someone applied as one), which I don't see fitting into the community as a town guard. Rangers, including the Urban Ranger version, is great on the other hand.

Dagnalis
December 30th, 2009, 22:49
Well send me a pm or email me at [email protected] when your gonna start this thing up

xaotik1
December 31st, 2009, 17:17
Same here as well. The sooner we can get a day/time for this, the sooner I can start clearing my calendar :)

Sala
January 1st, 2010, 06:55
I would like to join, I don't have FG2 yet, I had the first version and loved it. I will be getting FG2 in 2 weeks. If I can jump in at that time I would love to play a cleric of Pelor. Please let me know.

Leonal
January 1st, 2010, 08:10
I would like to join, I don't have FG2 yet, I had the first version and loved it. I will be getting FG2 in 2 weeks. If I can jump in at that time I would love to play a cleric of Pelor. Please let me know.

If you have a valid License for FG1 you can use it for FG2 too.

Johan
January 1st, 2010, 20:04
Could I use classes from Tome of Battle?

Sid1120
January 1st, 2010, 23:43
I would prefer not as I don't have access to that book... which seems to be one of the only one I don't have access to. Sorry.

Sala
January 2nd, 2010, 03:03
Ok so is my class choice ok? Is there a date set on the first game? As for my FG1 key, I played over 3 years ago on a computer long gone. I will have to buy another key and will do so in 2 weeks. If I am accepted and if we are going to start real soon, I will get FG2 sooner.

Domingo
January 2nd, 2010, 17:16
I'd like to sign up, but I had some questions about the frequency of the game. How often will we play (weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly)? Depending on the day, I'm not sure I can play every week, and I don't want to be a flake with the scheduling.

I would probably play a Human bard with the concept that he works as a innkeeper or bartender and where trades all manner of gossip with the townspeople and strangers alike. I don't evision him as a foppish minstrel with a lute, but instead an every-day guy who whistles for his bardic music. I think a bard is a good utility character with decent combat abilities that can support those that plan to provide the majority of martial capability. In diplomatic/information gathering/roleplaying situations, the character would be really valuable.

Iblith
January 3rd, 2010, 04:21
Hey, I Have like a pretty much clear schedule and im interested in playing a cleric. I have lots of experience with 3.5 and I really like roleplaying as much as I like combat so any mix of both will be good. Let me know what you think!

steelonice
January 3rd, 2010, 22:59
Hi,

I am looking to join a group, i have just got the program today, and i am willing to play any class that is necessary, but i like Fighters and Mages. I have a decent amount to experience with 3.5 and i play a local game with a couple friends. My schedule is also fairly open, so i could play almost any day.

Send me a email at [email protected] or send me a PM

Edit: Change info

Sala
January 4th, 2010, 07:25
I also have quite a bit of exp in 3.5 edition. I have asked if I can join and have yet to hear anything. Is there a date set for the first game?

sk8man182
January 4th, 2010, 19:23
Hi, can i be a warlock??, a good alignment one?, and im just learning how to use FG2 so please be patient, but i have good experience playing D&D :)

Sid1120
January 8th, 2010, 03:18
Sorry, something came up and it's litterally eating up my spare time alive so I don't have any left to craft and maintain a campaign :( Sorry again