PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Games?

lacodia
December 25th, 2009, 17:54
I've purchased the full license version of the product, now I want to jump into a quick 'get your hands dirty' pickup game . . . but I don't see any lobby or anything that lists any pickup games that I can join.
I've taken a look at the Calendar page, and a few other sites, but still, I haven't found a game to join.
How would everyone feel about having a lobby site for virtual tabletop gaming?
I see that the Four Ugly Monsters site is really good, but know one is using thier Events page to list games. Maybe if it had more features for scheduling and finding games, people might use it more? Or maybe not?

Thanks,
Mark
P.S. I'm mostly interested in playing 4E, at least to start with.

Von Stalhein
December 25th, 2009, 22:13
Heya. I'm in a similar situation myself (also primarily looking for 4E but Savage Worlds as well) - made a post about finding a game and only got one reply which sadly I couldn't make.

I'm in the GMT timezone, but I've got relatively flexible hours.

So is there anyone out there with games to suit, or do we have to make our own fun? :)

Cheers,

-- VS

Sid1120
December 25th, 2009, 23:23
I was waiting for a game to open so I can join, but seems they aren't so common.

I could start one, but I'm 3.5 as 4th is way too much of a parody of an RPG for me: I'd rather play Diablo2 then that mockery. (I'm sour about Wizard's attempt to foil a great game)

Anyway, give me a shout if you want to hook up.
I was planning a game around the conflict between a growing mob in a small road outpost and the local sherrif (the players).

unerwünscht
December 25th, 2009, 23:32
Ok... We are getting ready to run some open games at Gaming Army. We are also looking for GM's to help run said games. Feel free to sign up for those games.

Also if any of you have a strong enough knowledge of D&D 3.5 to pass the DM tests and a desire to run some random games, we would greatly appreciate the assistance.

ldyparadox99
December 27th, 2009, 19:14
I'm going to get ready to run a Necessary Evil (Savage Worlds) campaign in the evening after the first of the year, GMT +1 time zone. I have 2 players and wouldn't mind at least 2 more who like playing villains. I will warn though, the game is by no means serious. It's very, um, slapstick. :D

Cearlan
December 27th, 2009, 23:17
It also needs to be bourne in mind that over the Christmas / New Year holidays people may not be either willing or able to get to a computer as they are doing family type things. It'll pick up once the dust settles from the holidays.

Griogre
December 27th, 2009, 23:56
Also it should be mentioned, there do not seem to be very many "pick up" games. Most people seem to want to run and play in longer term games.

If you do play 4E then you might want to look into playing in some of the online RPGA games which are effectively one shots. There is a group that runs LFR games with FG here: https://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/RPGA_Group/?yguid=102006455

Sid1120
December 29th, 2009, 18:49
I'm about to start a campaign, you can check out the thread over here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11464

Hye Jedi
January 3rd, 2010, 16:41
I have used the calendar and signed up for some groups, but haven't seen anything happen with them yet. I'm not quite sure how they work yet. i.e. difference between active and pending.

drahkar
January 4th, 2010, 01:13
The vast majority of games are done by people who already have groups to play with. However there are a few who do pop on here looking for people interested in joining into their groups for the long haul.

One thing to remember is that there are not a lot of one shot games out there that I know of. Those it seems, if you check this post, there are some coming around. Just keep checking back and asking around. I'm not super familiar with the Gaming calendar itself, so I can't attest to it's accuracy.

Also as a added note, this software doesn't have a 'Lobby'. That would require a centralized Server setup that is not a part of the game model. Not many area overly interested in having that model added either. The ability to have the soft3ware function as a standalone Client/Server gives GMs far more control over their environment.