PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the character sheet

nokian75
December 23rd, 2009, 06:49
Hi Im having problems with the character sheet because if i want to be an elven the sheet is not updating the stats changes,Spacial Ability changes ...neither is doing so if i want to take the wizard class isn't showing me list of spells or the class skills directly or giving me the ranks per lvl that I have to spend for my character....

Thanks for any help...

Foen
December 23rd, 2009, 07:38
Hi nokian and welcome to the forums, hopefully you'll find us both helpful and friendly ;)

As regards your problem, please would you say what ruleset you are using (d20, 4E, Rolemaster etc), then we should be able to help.

Foen

Valarian
December 23rd, 2009, 13:07
I'll add another welcome. It does sound though that you're expecting FGII to guide you through character development. It doesn't do this. The character sheet in FGII is basically like the printed character sheet on a bit of paper. It allows you to enter the information on to it for use in a roleplaying session.

Fantasy Grounds is not a game, it's a tool to allow you to play pen and paper roleplaying games across the internet.

nokian75
December 23rd, 2009, 15:56
Hi nokian and welcome to the forums, hopefully you'll find us both helpful and friendly ;)

As regards your problem, please would you say what ruleset you are using (d20, 4E, Rolemaster etc), then we should be able to help.

Foen

Sorry about that...the rule set im using is d20...trying to play D&D3.5

thanks for the help

nokian75
December 23rd, 2009, 15:58
I'll add another welcome. It does sound though that you're expecting FGII to guide you through character development. It doesn't do this. The character sheet in FGII is basically like the printed character sheet on a bit of paper. It allows you to enter the information on to it for use in a roleplaying session.

Fantasy Grounds is not a game, it's a tool to allow you to play pen and paper roleplaying games across the internet.

Hi, I notice that but i expected that if you have the ruleset already in this "tool" as you call it to give the users the confrot not have to add everything by hand...=P

Thanks for the quick replay..

Griogre
December 23rd, 2009, 18:23
WotC has restrictions against "automation" for D&D 3.5 that is the main reason you see no automation. Automation also makes it hard to customize because if the part you want to change via a house rule is automated then you have to change the ruleset.

All that said if you are playing D&D 3.5 I suggest you take a look at the JPG_d20 ruleset. Its a fan made ruleset that is a free download over at Four Ugly Monsters. Just look for the D&D 3rd Edition FG Development Group.

You will need to join the site and group before this link works: https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/community/community/groups/viewgroup/62-DD+3rd+Edition+FG+Development